Need an inexpesive production cue while I wait

Cajun Kid

Up yours with the spot
Silver Member
While i'm waiting for my custom cue to finish, what inexpensive production would you reccommend? around $200-300

rocesm12

Registered
i paid $300CDN for my Poison Strychnine ST1, i like it very much. you can get a VX playing cue from poison for a bit cheaper though. if you read the reviews of poison cues there are very highly rated for the price range

rackem

SUPPORT CLUB MEMBERSHIP
Silver Member
I have this available for $110 delivered.
They hit great.
SWL 4055 Butt.jpg

SWL 4055  Forearm.jpg

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
You could do what I did when I needed a cheap cue for my nephews...bought a junk butt & put a used predator shaft on it. $30 butt + $75 shaft = $105.

gonzbo1

Registered
I've been eyeing a lucasi LE-9. Decent price, looks good, and most people have good things to say about lucasi.

Mike in MN

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
AZB Marketplace has Predator Sneaky Petes on sale that are very solid. The cheapest one runs right around $275 I believe.

rossaroni

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have a few brand new McDermotts and Jacoby's that I will sell for about 40-50% off MSRP.

oldzilla

Accu-Stats Messenger
Silver Member
geeeesh i hate to show you these ! the R360 may hit better than you custom cue. new LD bare wood shaft that cuetec came out with has put then in the front row with all the good hits. But dont get anything without the R360 shaft ! it makes all the difference.
My old predator is collecting dust since i tried a R360. Good enough for SVB. Good enough for me.

http://www.azbmarketplace.com/catalog/Cuetec_Pool_Cues-135-1.html

price is nice ! az bucks from marketplace too.

leehayes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a brand new Pechauer with a case for sale. I'd like 250 or best offer.
It is a JP-02. The case is vinyl 2x4. Both are brand new.

obr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if you're interested, i have a mcdermott pj that i could sell for cheap...just needs a new tip

RunoutKing

Registered
If I were you, I'd buy just about any cue if you're waiting on a custom. Chances are you spent a good amount of money on the custom cue already so I wouldn't waste a lot of money on a cue that you're only gonna use temporarily. If you're good, you should be able to shoot with almost any cue(even one from a sporting goods store or walmart):eek: But I believe it's not the cue that's good, but the player.

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Cue recommendation

The Lucasi's for $200-250 are hard to beat for the price. Don't buy the 150 one.

They play well, don't have issues some of the other brands have, like too fat a butt, wrong taper on shafts, bad tips or ferrules, wrong weight distribution (butt heavy).

Cajun Kid

Up yours with the spot
Silver Member
Thanks for the replies. I think i'm just gonna pick up an OB or Predator shaft and put it on this Viking that I have.

Chi2dxa

Lost over C&D Triangle
Silver Member
Speaking of OB2's

I just happen to have a Nick Varner sneaky pete with a OB2 shaft that I had Mike Gulyassy install for me that is flawless and it has Mike Gulyassy Freeze on the shaft to prevent blueing. It also has a milk dud tip that I had Steve Lomax install on it 2 weeks ago. All in All I have about $89 for the cue, $160 for the OB2, $40 for the Freeze, $90 for his fitting services tied up in this really, really nice cue that I use while my custom cue was being made. I now have my eyes set on a custom from Steve Lomax and I do not need this one anymore. You can have it for just $200 and I will pay for shipping. Let me know if you are interested in it. It will certainly hold you until your custom is complete. PS it also has the original Nick Varner shaft that came with it.:thumbup:

2TheMoonCuesINC

Registered
Which cue to use while you wait...

I would like to recommend a custom cue at an entry level. If you would consider a Jump-break or some entry level cue, you can use it as an all-in-one when you play tournaments in less-safe environments.

I just posted a Jerry Olivier Custom Jump/Break in all maple with a wrap for $375.00 I have it on sale this week for $275.00 if you are willing to get it soon. Check my post in Wanted/Sale area.

A production cue can usually be purchased for less than retail initially, however, since these cues are commonly sold in mass quantity your resale will suffer. I like choosing a cue that is made from one person, that signs their name to their work. That way Quality is more assured. You will also get a shaft from more select standards.

I have been playing with my Jerry Olivier ever since the Jump/Break i had became my main playing cue (I busted the ferrule to my favorite Schon). The wood to wood feel of the cue made it easy to adjust to and i felt a connection to it right away. Plus when i broke with it i knew just how it hit then also. I played with a slightly lighter cue around 18.7 which made for a good all-around weight. I couldn't believe how well i could jump with the full legnth cue at this weight. The tip i chose was LePro back then, which is great for breaking and playing.

Hit me up if you need more cue info or questions about cue choices. Jerry Olivier is the cue that Jeremy Jones was in the finals of the US Open with in 1999, and 2003. Hillbilly also won his first major at the Glass City Open with his Olivier cue. Jr Davis, has been explosively well with his Olivier in the last 2Yrs winning more and playing better than ever..Credits to their talent firstly though but good choice in equipment. I have been completely confident that this cue is an easy fit for anyone really. Have a good one..

Tom
Austin TX