A new old cue by Tom Migliore of TNS Cues

G&M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is a Titlist conversion. Matched it up with an old Brunswick case that needed cleaning and a new strap, but was otherwise in decent shape.

points.jpg

titlist.jpg

The original oak one-piece cue looked rough, with a lot of scuff marks and shallow dings, but cleaned up nicely. In original form, had no idea how the veneers were going to look after the cue was taken down and finished.

orig Titist.jpg

After the conversion, the 19 oz weight stamp still shows through faintly. The colors of the veneers brightened up, but still have an old-time look to them.

wt stamp.jpg

Tom Migliore of TNS Cues did a beautiful job, and the hit of the cue is solid ... but softer than what you'd expect with a steel joint. Tom does not favor a steel joint, but the weight of the joint helped to balance the cue, which was on the light side before conversion. Ended up at an evenly balanced 19.38 oz when finished. Tom used the original brown bumper so another element of the original, old cue was saved in the finished, new cue. One of the new elements was adding rings matching the colors of the Titlist veneers above the butt cap.

bk end.jpg

I don't have many cues, but play with the ones I have -- including this one -- and I like the way it plays. I also favor the traditional look, and wanted an old school look for this old house cue. Tom should be proud of the job he did with this, his latest, cue. He sells as many cues as he makes, but doesn't make too many because his first priority is his main business, machining cue parts for other cuemakers. Tom makes steel and epoxy pins, joints, fixtures, and other cuemaking parts for many of the well-known cuemakers. He's been in demand for parts and cues for years. Thank you for making this one, Tom!

johncue54

Registered
TNS Oak Titlist

Great looking Oak Titlist conversion. Nice touch with the white MOP inlays and stacked rings above the butt cap. Tom has done a couple of Titlist conversions for me and they turned out great as well.

G&M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, John.

Enjoyed seeing some of the cues Tom was in the process of making for you while visiting the shop, and thought they looked really fine. As you can see, borrowed the idea of stacked rings in veneer colors from one of your cues! Would like to see some of your completed cues one day.

Larry

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
I don't care for many Titlist conversions, but this one is top notch.

Love it.

Josh

G&M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Titlist conversion

Thanks, Josh -- high praise from someone who isn't usually a fan of Titlist conversions! I always loved looking at conversions on this site and some Rambow conversions I got to see in person, so I was happy to see this cue become a reality.

Larry

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Wow

I saw this cue in person over the Thanksgiving Holiday and better yet had the opportunity to shoot with it. Along with being on of the nicest Titlist's I have ever seen it hits like a dream. Nice work Tom!!!

Wedge

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Nice Titlist conversion; I've seen it in person too. I like the plain black collars on the joint; goes with the Titlist theme. By the way, that case is good old school as well.

SSach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
one slight modification

The cue looks great, but I would ask for one slight modification for pure aesthetic looks.

The bumper seems to be extended about a 1/4" too much (from the picture at least). I always loved the recessed bumpers of the cues from the early 80's and before from cue makers like JW, Schick, Szamboti, Buska etc.. Some of these guys continue to recess the bumpers so only 1/4" or less passes the end of the butt cap. I would either ask Tom to bore the cap a little or modify the bumper so it gave that classic look. Just my opinion, but I think it would add so much more to this cue.

Great cue. I am sure it plays well.

SS

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
The cue looks great, but I would ask for one slight modification for pure aesthetic looks.

The bumper seems to be extended about a 1/4" too much (from the picture at least). I always loved the recessed bumpers of the cues from the early 80's and before from cue makers like JW, Schick, Szamboti, Buska etc.. Some of these guys continue to recess the bumpers so only 1/4" or less passes the end of the butt cap. I would either ask Tom to bore the cap a little or modify the bumper so it gave that classic look. Just my opinion, but I think it would add so much more to this cue.

Great cue. I am sure it plays well.

SS

Well said; I agree.

Josh