VFW has table question?

fish on

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi I just joined a local area VFW {Vietnam Combat Vet}
They gave me a tour and commander said the table a valley 7' was $1
a rack .
He said he talked to vender and was told he could buy it for $850 including changing out the coin slot to.50cents
He said some of the guys were complaining$1cost and table rolled bad.
not being level is easy to fix but center of table rolls bad?
how do i fix that ?
What is your advise for VFW to buy this table or not?
I said I would have a local guy check it out and get their opinion
I checked out online and price is looks good?
sorry i don't have more info but this was a quick tour!
thanks for help

Inferno

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
a rack .
He said he talked to vender and was told he could buy it for $850 including changing out the coin slot to.50cents
how do i fix that ?
thanks for help

Advertise on Craigslist that the VFW needs a table serviced. You might be surprised at the response.

JC

Coos Cues
a rack .
how do i fix that ?
thanks for help

You should be able to find a decent 7' valley for about half that price on craigslist if you bide your time. Then you can make it a quarter a game.

JC

fish on

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You should be able to find a decent 7' valley for about half that price on craigslist if you bide your time. Then you can make it a quarter a game.

JC

thanks to you all for advise!
since original post,I found out vender was asking for $950 not $850

I then decided to talk to vender myself and discovered table in VFW there now is a 8' valley, this table is in good shape, with light, rack ,balls ,bridge and house cues etc.
I talked to vender about my intention to buy a 7' table for VFW!
we renegotiated to $800 and he will change out coin slot to 50 cents !
VFW decided this was alright and not worth buying another unknown table?
that we/I would be moving ,setting up ,then have to install new cloth on table, get another light ,plus buy accessories and the members like the 8'bigger table !
Guys , i don't now have to be the bad guy, if all is not good, and VFW officers are thrilled !
I talked to a pro table mechanic friend to service this table down the road to install new rails for cost ,put on simonis and to use his quote "use some of my tricks to make it all good"!

Last edited:

Rabbit

Banned
I dont think its a bad slate typically on a older valley bar table what happens is when the cloth is changed over and over and over again they use a spray glue to attach the cloth and the over spray around the pockets and edge of the slate will build up causing a high spot all around the table making it play like crap id try taking the cloth off and sanding the glue off the slate and seeing how it plays after that.

Im no table mechanic but I bought a 8ft valley yrs ago and went through this.

Good luck

cuesmith

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT!
Silver Member
I dont think its a bad slate typically on a older valley bar table what happens is when the cloth is changed over and over and over again they use a spray glue to attach the cloth and the over spray around the pockets and edge of the slate will build up causing a high spot all around the table making it play like crap id try taking the cloth off and sanding the glue off the slate and seeing how it plays after that.

Im no table mechanic but I bought a 8ft valley yrs ago and went through this.

Good luck

Bad Idea. You should never sand the slate. A little lacquer thinner on a rag will take the glue off very easily and you aren't removing ANY of your slate in the process.
Sherm