A Day With Stevie Moore

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was fortunate enough to catch Stevie Moore coming through my area today so I invited him to give me a lesson. I've seen Stan 1 1/2 times but was still struggling with a few CTE/Pro One things and just wanted some help in general. Thought getting another set of eyes on it could give me a different perspective. Honestly though, didn't know if Stevie was going to be a good teacher or just another great player looking to make money giving some lessons.

Turns out, Stevie is a very good teacher. He picked up on several things quickly I was doing wrong with CTE/Pro One. He helped me with simpler way to get my visuals that would also get me into my set up with minimal movement. I have never questioned that CTE/Pro One is a valid and superior aiming system. I've often questioned if I'm player enough that I can make it work for me. Stevie reinforced my confidence in being able to make the system work for me.

We worked on some other things and played some 9 ball with Stevie explaining the patterns upfront then explaining the visuals on each shot. I would like to tell you how I won most of those games and would do so in great detail had I won any of them. LOL

When I take a lesson, I look for several things. First, when it's done, did I take away at least ONE major thing that will help me get better? With Stevie, I feel like I learned at least 3 major things that will improve my game. Second, did I have fun? Stevie is very down to earth and not the least bit arrogant or condescending despite his professional accomplishments. It was a fun time. Third, did the person give the lesson truly care about helping me improve my game? Only Stevie can answer that for sure but he should be in Hollywood if he didn't care because he would have sure been fooling me.

Stevie is spending a few days with Stan in KY and then heading on down to Spartanburg, SC until Bonus Ball (finally) happens. If you're wanting to learn pool fundamentals, CTE/Pro One from a guy who has been one of the top Professionals, and you want to have a good time doing it, I'd highly recommend him. Even better, his rate is shamefully reasonable.

Thanks Stevie!

RobertaAgnor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good to see a nice thread about a player :) Stevie's an awesome player as well as a very nice guy. Glad to read you had a positive experience with him & learned some things.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
The Blade

It's nice seeing Stevie Moore get credit that he so richly deserves.

Charles M

Registered
My recent lesson from Stevie was almost identical to the highly positive experience that was described by nobcitypool. Stevie is an excellent instructor and he sincerely cares about trying to help you improve your game. Not only does he point out what you are doing wrong, he wants you to understand why it is wrong and the negative effect that it is causing. On top of that he is just a genuinely nice guy who is fun to be around.

During my lesson, Stevie's focus was entirely on me and not at all on himself. At times, however, I asked him questions about his own game and experiences and he freely answered them. IMO, this added to the overall positive experience.

In summary, I was highly pleased with what I learned and I felt like I made a new friend in the process. Stevie is a great asset to pool both as a top player and an outstanding teacher. I wish him all the best in his future efforts.

BLADE

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you guys for your kind remarks. Although, the credit must go to Stan "The Man"Shuffett. He shared his understandings, so the whole pool world could have a chance to become the best they can at the toughest sport on earth.

I'm happy to have helped.

Good luck on your journey!

BLADE