Colorado Cue Club has closed

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I read this just tonight on Sammsidepocket she is a friend and based out of the mile high city. She asked the question if anyone knew whats going on. I went to their website and couldn't find out anything. I was in there a few weeks ago and it was hopping. If it is closing I would have no idea why.:confused:

HereWeGo

♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫♬·¯·♩
Silver Member
I called them and confirmed this with the owner on Sunday.

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I heard this rumor today from two different people. Can anyone confirm this?

Just two weeks ago, they hosted the Colorado State Championship and the place was packed.

I believe it to be true. I learned of this Sunday and placed a call to Chris McDaniel who used to manage the room, and he confirmed they were packing up that day. What happens from here with that space/room is anybody's guess.

Whatever happens, we owe a lot of thanks to the owner's and management for their great support of Colorado pool for all these years. They hosted the most big local tournaments (adding $500-$1500 each time) in both big box and bar box, great weekly money added tourneys, and great leagues. The Colorado Cue Club will be missed.

Thanks for everything!

Dave

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's sad news about the Colorado Cue Club. I was there only once, but it looked like a well-run poolroom, and appeared to be quite popular. Was the reason it closed due to poor business?

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Cashrider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If its closed it not for lack of business

HI, l'm Cashrider and l'm in Denver. l just call my friend Danny Medina and he confirmed they have closed...............another one bites the dust

"Temporary in life are all things...
Strive on, mindfully"

Gautama Buddha.

and Cashrider agrees, so it a done deal people live like you'll die tomorrow and plan like you'll live forever.

Thanks for the great times COLORADO CUE CLUB.
and if l can be of any assistance...HOLLAAAAAA.

Cashrider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Might as well to educate as to inform....

....to raise the consciousness level of the rabble of my confederates of the felt and roll.....Rock and Roll ain't got nothin on us ..........

Gautama Buddha's birth name was Siddhartha. Gautama is his clan name. Buddha means "the awakened one". Neither was Gautama Buddha the first Buddha as many preceeded him. Siddhartha lived from 563 to 483 B.C. His story is interesting. His father Shuddhodana was the king or leader of a local people called the Shakyas. His mother, Mahamaya, died one week after giving birth to Siddhartha. Consequently, his aunt, who was his mother's sister took the mother's place. (At that time in history the societies accepted polygamy). A sage notices t32 special signs on the baby Siddhartha's body and tells the father that Siddhartha will become an enlightened , ascetic Buddha, teaching many. But Siddhartha's father is determined to prevent the prediction from coming true. Instead he wants Siddhartha to eventually take his place as King. The father confined Siddhartha to 3 marbled palaces, one for each season. Within the palace walls Siddhartha was exposed to only beauty and pleasure, to delicious food, to leisure, to music, and even dancing girls. As a young man, Siddhartha excelled in his studies, was kind, handsome, and excellent in sports and the martial arts. Though he had many concubines, at age 16 he married his beautiful young cousin Yashodhara. When Siddhartha was 29, Yashodhara gave birth to their son, Rahula. However, Siddhartha's curiosity about the world beyond the palace grew. He made 4 secret trips outside the palace walls with the help of his groom Channa. The 1st trip he met an old man. The 2nd trip he saw a sick man. The 3rd trip he saw a corpse being carried to a crematory. The 4th trip he came across a wandering holy man (sahdu) who was a renunciate. The cumulative effects of all these encounters were traumatic to Siddhartha, who for the first time realized the truth about the human condition. He realized that all human beings, including himself, are susceptible to sickness, old age, and death. Following these encounters, Siddhartha matured quickly and with new clarity, focused on the important questions or issues regarding life. The wandering holy man awakened Siddhartha's dormant spirituality as Siddhartha noticed the man was dressed in rags yet had a tranquility or peace that no one else had.

After his son was born, that same night, Siddhartha ran off, renouncing his wealth, family, and position to seek a solution to the problem of human suffering. He studied under several shramana teachers and learned meditation. He became an ascetic and lived alone in the jungle, subjecting his body to extreme forms of deprivation and suffering. He eventually realized that all of this was only leading to more suffering. He was naked and alone; he slept on a bed of thorns; he held his breath until he passed out; and he starved himself into extreme emaciation. Six years later, he realized that this ascetic path of abusing the body (similar to the fakers) would eventually lead to death. He abandoned it for yet another path. He realized that the extremes of sensual indulgence and self mortification led no where.

Remembering a child that was meditating under an Apple tree, he choose the path of meditation,. He sat on a cushion of grass beneath the Bodhi tree and meditated until he found his answers to suffering. In deep meditation, Satan (ego) appeared to him trying to tempt and allure him away from his meditation many times. Satan tried to lure him with fear of death, the supernatural, and sexual desires. After many months of meditation, Siddhartha entered the state of Samadhi and attained various meditative depths (dhyanas). With a clear and concentrated mind, he began t practice insight meditation (vipassana) ad gained special knowledge of -

* former lives;
* workings of karma and the cycles of life and death (those with bad karma were reborn into miserable states while those with good karma wer reborn into happy states);
* the destruction or freedom from sensual desires, the desire for existence, ignorance, and addictions or attachments to things and thoughts.
* the "I" or "Ego" which was an illusion; and
* an unlimited source of energy.

Following the night of May's full moon, witht he morning star arising, he saw the world for the first time without illusion, as the Awakened One, the Buddha. In a meditative state, Brahman came to Buddha and asked him to teach, to help people release themselves from suffering. With deep compassion, Siddhartha agreed. He taught for 45 years. His first students were 5 ascetics he had befriended in his days of dwelling as a renunciate. Siddhartha taught them the Four Noble Truths and the Middle Way (between sensual indulgence and mortification of the body). He ordained them as Buddhist monks (Bhikshu). Others followed and a community of Buddhist monks (Sangha) was established. Ordination was by a simple formula: shaving hair and beards, wearing a yellow robe, and reciting the "Refuge" three times. The "Refuge" follows:

* I go for refuge to the Buddha."
* I go for refuge to the Dharma.
* I go for refuge to the Sangha.

The Four Noble Truths:

1. Suffering (Dukkha) - the 5 mental and 5 physical components of a human being are subject to suffering.
2. Cause (Tanha) - suffering is caused by our cravings (desires and attachments to things and thoughts).
3. Cessation of Suffering - that craving can be eliminated becomes a realization.
4. Path - Follow the Noble Eightfold Path of Buddhism.

A code of monastic rules was established called "Pratimoksha". For 45 years Buddha wandered through different kingdoms teaching. After hearing the Buddha and becoming a follower, many kings gave him parcels of land which became the first Buddhist Monastaries. His family (father, aunt, wife, son and nephews) all converted to Buddhism. He used no tricks or super paranormal powers to convert others. He didn't believe in ritual sacrifices of animals and tried to stop such practices. His cousin Ananda became his personal attendant after ordination and stayed with him until his death. At first the Buddha refused to allow women into the Sangha, believing they would weaken his dharma (this reflects the general prejudice of the times against women). However, Ananda swayed him that women had the same spiritual potential as men. Consequently, Buddha admitted his Aunt, wife and other shakyan ladies to the sangha as nuns.

The Buddha helped the sick, washed and cared for them, and encouraged his monks to do the same. The Buddha tried to serve as a role model to others. The Buddha was a human being and after 45 years of teaching, he became sick. He chose not to prolong his life. He developed violent pains in his stomach, but kept traveling for days and weeks. He was also poisoned by pork meat that caused him to bleed. He taught that everything born must die, including himself. His two most loyal monks who he had originally ordained also passed away. He hinted to Ananda that he could prolong his life if Ananda sked him to. Ananda didn't understand and failed to ask. Consequently on te outskirts of a town called Kushinagara, teh Buddha's sphysical uffering became so intense that he collapsed in a grove of shala trees which started blossoming. Local people came to pay their last respects. The Buddha converted on last person, then passed on. His last words were "Impermanent are all created things. Strive on mindfully".

Modern Hinduism recognizes Gautama Buddha as an incarnation of Vishnu ( the preserver or sustainer). Hinduism derived much from Buddhism as did Buddhism from Hinduism. Buddhis trantra is similar to the Hindu Tantra (Shiva-Shakti). Buddhist Cosmology is based on a 3 dimensional matrix comprised of worlds, realms (spheres) and destinations. Each world system is periodically destroyed, either partially or totally, then recreated. Similarly, within the human sphere there are cycles of progress and decay. Each major age brings a Buddha to assist the human race. The present age was blessed with Shakyamuni Buddha. The Past Age had Dipamkara Buddha. The next age awaits for Maitreya Buddha. These Buddhas help us through the Samsaras or cycles of life and death which will eventually lead to our liberation from suffering and entrance into Nirvana.

Buddhist Theory has some interesting tenets:

* Human Beings are in fact liberated but don't know it. When we realize it, we will be freed.
* Form is the Void and the Void is Form. Realization of the Void is to be a Buddha or knower; not to realize it is to be an ignorant being.
* There are two paths: knowledge and ignorance. The former leads to Nirvana. The latter leads to the worlds of experience.
* Ignorance is "Maya" which means "illusion".
* The mind and body are veils to the Silence that is always present.
* The Divine never destroys, but simply withdraws the Universe to itself
* Everyone continually changes, even into dying and death. However, the after-death change is merely the result of accumulated past karma and doesn't, as in birth or earthly life, create new karma.
* The soul complex cannot reincarnate until circumstances are fit for it.
* The Law that determines how a being will reincarnate is the same Law that provides the means and conditions which the reincarnation takes place.
* By misconduct and neglect in life, a human being can descend downward (transmigrate) to a lower form of being which it once emerged from. Thus, a human soul can inhabit a sub-human body. Such a descent may involves a loss of enormous time in the spiritual evolution process.
* Karma refers to prior and present action determining future circumstances or opportunities.
* Notwithstanding Karma, the Atma or Soul is essentially free by virtue of freedom of choice.
* A person is not only affected by his/her own karma, but by that of others, the community, society, planet, etc.
* We must take responsibility in what we kill and try to minimize it.
* We must accept that we kill as it is unavoidable to a certain degree if we are to live.
* Committing suicide is considered a form of killing.
* It is our purpose in life to enlighten ourselves and through our own enlightment, to enlighten others by serving as examples or role models, and never through forcing others.
* We must think deeply s to the ways and means any food has come to us. We must think about what we have done or killed to get the food and accept this along with the responsibility for our actions. We must consider our worthiness to consume this food. What have we done today that makes us fit to kill, even if it is a cabbage.
* We must understand that we only eat so that we do not become lean and die. We accept food so that we may become enlightened and enlighten other beings.
* The Tibetan Book of Dead provides instructions to the dead psyche or soul to guide it through the 49 days of the Bardo realm until the next incarnation or liberation.

......... a waste of time and space ???? l think not, besides l just come back and do it over and over and over again. Cause l believe if you can run a rack you CAN run your life...........can l get an amen or the 5 and the snap?

Big Dog

ISPA Master Team Champion
Silver Member
The Colorado Cue Club

I have know the owner for quite a few years, even back in his Grand Forks, ND days. This is a sad day for him, his family, and for pool in general. I wish them all the best in wherever the road takes them from here.

Tokyo-dave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Narrows my choices

In the next 3 or so weeks, I will be moving to the Denver area on a temp basis, and then likely permanently around August, and I have been looking at the N. Denver area (Thorton, Broomfield) as the place to move based on their close location to the CCC.
My work will be in Aurora, so I guess now living in the S. Denver area (Tablesteaks, Rack'em) will be my next home.
I have looked forward to becoming a regular at the CCC for well over a year now. Shame to see this happen. What other club in the Denver area will have tournaments that will attract the likes of Shane, Bartrum, Kirkwood, and others?
dave

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Cocorado Cue Club was reported being closing in the Regional Billird Newspaper out west, there was a lt of history in that place.