Did you know this ??

cuemasterpieces

When a man loves a woman
Silver Member
http://www.meuccicues.com/china.htm

Attention Meucci Cue Enthusiasts
For your information, Meucci Cues are 100% American made.

List of Amercian Made Cues:

Meucci
Viking
McDermott (Some Models)
Schon
J. Pechauer
Schmelke
and a multiple of onesie twosie custom cue makers.

List of Chinese or offshore manufactured cues sold in America with
sometimes the perception of being Amercian made.

Predator
Poison
Medici (80% made in China)
Lucasi
Players
Action
Elite
Outlaw
McFarland
Griffin
Scorpion
Mayhem
Helmstetter
Fury
Adam
Stealth
Cuetec
Star Cues
McDermott Cues (Most Models)
and many many more.
Well i do only buy Customcues ... but good to know IMO ;)

Mike in MN

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't mind something coming from overseas, as long as it's a quality product. However, if I have the choice between near identical products, one made in America and one made overseas, I will always choose the American made product.

On the other hand, I'd have a hard time NOT purchasing a quality product that I liked simply because it is made outside the country.

Chi2dxa

Lost over C&D Triangle
Silver Member
You like what you like.

I don't care where it's made if I like it. You like what you like.

Ferrari or Corvette?
Bugatti or Camaro?
Velozzi or Buick?

You get the picture

Now me personally would pick a 56 ford custom 2 door sedan with a 427 and a four speed over all of the above. Like I said you like what you like.:D

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
It's quite interesting about the list. It's a funny example of how fickle some people in this business are. When they want something and the advantages are stacked on their side they have no problem doing deals.

The fact is that Bob Meucci came to China and he wanted to have cues made here. My assistant provided the translation services for Bob during the week that he was here.

The factory here produced some very good cues for him, better than those which came from the Meucci factory in the USA in my opinion. In fact we joked that they were so good no one would believe that they were Meucci cues.

In addition to Bob Meucci coming here the factory also sent the production manager and a senior executive to the Meucci plant to learn Bob's way of building cues directly from them.

What Meucci wanted was cues that were done here that they could finish in the USA and put "made in USA" on them. At the end of the day what they then wanted was the cues made 100% in China because the cues were and are well made. Better than Meucci 's quality.

To me Bob's wrapping himself in the flag is hypocritical. Everyone has their opinions on where things are made and what that means to them. Everyone has some valid points in their arguments.

What pisses me off is when people come to China with the intention of getting their brand made and then when it doesn't work out for them they way they want it they then jump on the "Made in USA" bandwagon.

I can't begin to tell you the level of hypocrisy that exists in American manufacturing when it comes to the "made in USA" labeling. Regardless of where you stand on the issue you should definitely avoid the makers of products who practice hypocrisy like Meucci is doing, no matter where they make their cues.

Anyone who stands under a "made in USA" banner while knowingly delivering foreign made goods deserves your scorn as a buyer.

You want to buy only made in USA products to be patriotic - fine that's your right as a consumer. You want to buy them because you think it's economically sound - fine that's your right too even if the evidence doesn't support it (choice is good - exercise it). You want to buy the best quality you can find regardless of where it's made then there is plenty to choose from in that regard. You want great value for the product received regardless of where it's made then there is plenty to choose from there as well.

But please be discerning as consumers - don't allow companies to wrap themselves in the Flag and tug at your sense of patriotism and community support when they were trying to outsource their products just a short while before.

I personally like Bob Meucci as a "character" and enjoy his "stories".

Except this one.

<----------- high quality Made in China

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's quite interesting about the list. It's a funny example of how fickle some people in this business are. When they want something and the advantages are stacked on their side they have no problem doing deals.

The fact is that Bob Meucci came to China and he wanted to have cues made here. My assistant provided the translation services for Bob during the week that he was here.

The factory here produced some very good cues for him, better than those which came from the Meucci factory in the USA in my opinion. In fact we joked that they were so good no one would believe that they were Meucci cues.

In addition to Bob Meucci coming here the factory also sent the production manager and a senior executive to the Meucci plant to learn Bob's way of building cues directly from them.

What Meucci wanted was cues that were done here that they could finish in the USA and put "made in USA" on them. At the end of the day what they then wanted was the cues made 100% in China because the cues were and are well made. Better than Meucci 's quality.

To me Bob's wrapping himself in the flag is hypocritical. Everyone has their opinions on where things are made and what that means to them. Everyone has some valid points in their arguments.

What pisses me off is when people come to China with the intention of getting their brand made and then when it doesn't work out for them they way they want it they then jump on the "Made in USA" bandwagon.

I can't begin to tell you the level of hypocrisy that exists in American manufacturing when it comes to the "made in USA" labeling. Regardless of where you stand on the issue you should definitely avoid the makers of products who practice hypocrisy like Meucci is doing, no matter where they make their cues.

Anyone who stands under a "made in USA" banner while knowingly delivering foreign made goods deserves your scorn as a buyer.

You want to buy only made in USA products to be patriotic - fine that's your right as a consumer. You want to buy them because you think it's economically sound - fine that's your right too even if the evidence doesn't support it (choice is good - exercise it). You want to buy the best quality you can find regardless of where it's made then there is plenty to choose from in that regard. You want great value for the product received regardless of where it's made then there is plenty to choose from there as well.

But please be discerning as consumers - don't allow companies to wrap themselves in the Flag and tug at your sense of patriotism and community support when they were trying to outsource their products just a short while before.

I personally like Bob Meucci as a "character" and enjoy his "stories".

Except this one.

<----------- high quality Made in China

I think my Lucasi cue shed a tear when I read it your post.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
I think a label like American Designed would have been better or Designed in America. :)