Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page where do you hit on the cb to make a spot shot?
Page 2 of 3 12 3

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
evergruven
AzB Silver Member

evergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-09-2020, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
High and touch of outside for me...presuming I'm not playing shape on another ball.
that's how I play it
do you consciously use the outside to "help" the ball in?
or is that just a result of how you like to hit it anyway

A billiard table is that richest of metaphors,
by turns a theatre, an altar, touchstone, gauntlet,
ritual ground, a gunfighter's high noon, a refuge,
a verdant landscape for balls to scatter and rest in meaningful synchronicity,
a classroom, a karma dance, mirror of moods, a guide and trusted friend...

-- from grissim's "billiards"

Old
  (#17)
Scratch85
AzB Silver Member

Scratch85 has a reputation beyond reputeScratch85 has a reputation beyond reputeScratch85 has a reputation beyond reputeScratch85 has a reputation beyond reputeScratch85 has a reputation beyond reputeScratch85 has a reputation beyond reputeScratch85 has a reputation beyond reputeScratch85 has a reputation beyond reputeScratch85 has a reputation beyond reputeScratch85 has a reputation beyond reputeScratch85 has a reputation beyond repute

05-09-2020, 04:39 PM

Center axis and what I call 1/2 tip high. Rolling ball no extra follow.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Old
  (#18)
Rubik's Cube
Pool ball collector.
Rubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond repute

05-09-2020, 05:28 PM

In any attempt to better Mr Spot Shot’s record, I wonder if it would be permissible to have an accomplice spot the object balls?

Doing it oneself (like Mr Spot Shot in the video) sure makes the feat a whole lot tougher.

Pictures and descriptions of my pool ball collection and custom designs are gradually being uploaded to the AZB album area. If anyone would like to view these galleries as they grow, please click on the relevant link below.

Ball galleries: https://forums.azbilliards.com/album.php?albumid=2574

Custom designs: https://forums.azbilliards.com/album.php?albumid=2653

Best wishes,
RC.

Old
  (#19)
bbb
AzB Silver Member

bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

05-09-2020, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evergruven View Post
and off the rail?

'specially to that fella that hit 1000 in a row, please feel free to chime in
Quote:
High and touch of outside for me...presuming I'm not playing shape on another ball.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evergruven View Post
that's how I play it
do you consciously use the outside to "help" the ball in?
or is that just a result of how you like to hit it anyway
if you try to use spin when frozen to the rail with any distance you better have a fargo of 750 or better to do it
jmho

Old
  (#20)
Rubik's Cube
Pool ball collector.
Rubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond repute

05-09-2020, 05:47 PM

You have to chuckle at the embroidery guy.

You had one job...

Pictures and descriptions of my pool ball collection and custom designs are gradually being uploaded to the AZB album area. If anyone would like to view these galleries as they grow, please click on the relevant link below.

Ball galleries: https://forums.azbilliards.com/album.php?albumid=2574

Custom designs: https://forums.azbilliards.com/album.php?albumid=2653

Best wishes,
RC.

Old
  (#21)
Bavafongoul
AzB Silver Member
Bavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond repute

05-09-2020, 07:50 PM

evergruven,

I have an iron clad rule I follow whenever I set up tough shots to practice.
Make the shot, it might be luck. Do it twice, it might be a coincidence. But
pocket the shot 3x in a row and you are likely to have it down so I use 4-5x.

If you don’t have a training ball like I mentioned, substitute any striped ball.
It isn’t as revealing as the semi-hemisphere design of the Elephant training
cue ball but it works. Got a 9 ft table? Take ball in hand and stroke the cue
ball from the kitchen down and back but not so hard as to bounce it off the
head rail more than a few inches. Heck, just play it like a lag stroke but do
It 4-5x in a row with no wobble or wiggle on the stripe positioned vertically
on the felt. With a stripe this wide, any movement (wiggle or wobble) on the
OB will not be as noticeable as with the Elephant cue ball but it does work.

You must stroke through the cue ball smoothly to avoid the cue ball acquiring
any wiggle or wobble. But shoot hard and CB speed disguises a flawed stroke.

Matt B.

"My Pool Cues"

*Bob Owen Custom- Level 8 (s/d 4-24-16) - Flat Ivory Joint
*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 6 (s/d 5-4-16) - Flat Ivory Joint

*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 8 (s/d 2-23-15) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Ed Prewitt Custom '05 - Level 8 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Bob Owen Custom - Level 8 (s/d 5-4-14) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Tim Scruggs Custom (05-95) Level 7 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Runde Schon (03-85) Custom "R" Series (1 of 1)
*Palmer (Original) - '72 (All Cocobolo Wood)

Old
  (#22)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member
AtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond repute

05-09-2020, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slach View Post
Put the cue ball on the kitchen line one diamond from the side rail. A center hit rolling half ball hit (center of cue ball aimed right at edge of object ball) will make it.
Ignoring throw, a half-ball aim produces a cut shot of 30°. But with the cue ball on the head string one diamond from the side rail, the cut angle needed for center pocket is actually about 32.3° rather than 30°. The correct location for a half-ball aim with a center hit on the CB is actually a couple inches closer to the side rail (10.4"), plus maybe even a little closer to allow for throw (9.5" from the side rail for 1° of throw, 8.6" for 2°, 7.7" for 3°).

But I imagine quite a few people use that "two diamonds up and one diamond over" location and do something, consciously or subconsciously, to make the correct hit for the spot shot.

[the locations mentioned are to the base of the cue ball]

Old
  (#23)
Bob Jewett
AZB Osmium Member
Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

05-09-2020, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubik's Cube View Post
In any attempt to better Mr Spot Shot’s record, I wonder if it would be permissible to have an accomplice spot the object balls?

Doing it oneself (like Mr Spot Shot in the video) sure makes the feat a whole lot tougher.
According to reports -- in previous threads about him -- Spot Shot Kenny often had a helper to do the spotting.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Russian Kenny
Old
  (#24)
SHORTY WRIGHT
AzB Silver Member
SHORTY WRIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeSHORTY WRIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeSHORTY WRIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeSHORTY WRIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeSHORTY WRIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeSHORTY WRIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeSHORTY WRIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeSHORTY WRIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeSHORTY WRIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeSHORTY WRIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeSHORTY WRIGHT has a reputation beyond repute

Russian Kenny - 05-09-2020, 11:48 PM

Bob he never uses anyone to spot his balls And he doesn’t chalk up while he does his thing ..

Old
  (#25)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
05-10-2020, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
if you try to use spin when frozen to the rail with any distance you better have a fargo of 750 or better to do it
jmho
I'm at least a 751 and my response wasn't regarding when whitey is adhered to the kotex.
Maybe 752.
Or 753.
Might be 754 or 756.
Not 755 though.

So keep your nose clean keep it on a shoe string
With no opposing no undue disclosing
Nothing stale nothing old or decomposing
Nothing empty nothing bold or over knowing
Nothing more than tasteful reconstruction
Of the plot that edifies all our instructions
It's on the goodness of our dime that you can function

Old
  (#26)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

05-10-2020, 05:20 AM

Name:  Half Ball Spot Shot - Easy Setup.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  47.4 KB

Old
  (#27)
philly
AzB Silver Member
philly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond repute

05-10-2020, 05:57 AM

Quote:
^^^^^^^^^^
This. The little bit of throw sorta helps.

Pool may not build character but it certainly will reveal it.

"Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis" Unencumbered By The Thought Process

How do you feel? Fast and loose, man.

Old
  (#28)
philly
AzB Silver Member
philly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond repute

05-10-2020, 05:57 AM

Quote:
I'm at least a 751 and my response wasn't regarding when whitey is adhered to the kotex.
Maybe 752.
Or 753.
Might be 754 or 756.
Not 755 though.
Nah, I don't think so.
I have you at 732 and only if you're using a milk dud!

Pool may not build character but it certainly will reveal it.

"Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis" Unencumbered By The Thought Process

How do you feel? Fast and loose, man.

Old
  (#29)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
05-10-2020, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly View Post
Nah, I don't think so.
I have you at 732 and only if you're using a milk dud!
I'm on the stallemon

So keep your nose clean keep it on a shoe string
With no opposing no undue disclosing
Nothing stale nothing old or decomposing
Nothing empty nothing bold or over knowing
Nothing more than tasteful reconstruction
Of the plot that edifies all our instructions
It's on the goodness of our dime that you can function

Old
  (#30)
Bob Jewett
AZB Osmium Member
Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

05-10-2020, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHORTY WRIGHT View Post
Bob he never uses anyone to spot his balls And he doesn’t chalk up while he does his thing ..
Different Kenny. I'm talking about Kenny Kiddy. See the video in the link. Kiddy made 1250 spot shots in a row. Head spot to foot spot. There are several threads discussing him.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Page 2 of 3 12 3

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: