Reload this Page One Pocket - Wow
Page 1 of 3 1 23

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
One Pocket - Wow
Old
  (#1)
TATE
AzB Gold Mensch
TATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

One Pocket - Wow - 05-16-2020, 11:22 AM

I don't play one pocket, but this Filler/Chohan match got my blood boiling with interest, so I went to the one pocket forum and took a look over there.

The level of savvy, knowledge and respect these people show for each other and the game is off the charts. High level stuff!

Check out this Filler/Chohan thread - starting once the match is underway:

http://www.onepocket.org/forum/index....430017/page-4

Visit my historic cues site:
www.palmercollector.com

Last edited by TATE; 05-16-2020 at 11:27 AM.

Old
  (#2)
book collector
AzB Silver Member
book collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-16-2020, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATE View Post
I don't play one pocket, but this Filler/Chohan match got my blood boiling with interest, so I went to the one pocket forum and took a look over there.

The level of savvy, knowledge and respect these people show for each other and the game is off the charts. High level stuff!

Yeah , they play pretty good , I don't think I can spot either of them any more.

Old
  (#3)
Joe_Jaguar
AzB Silver Member
Joe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond repute

05-16-2020, 12:48 PM

Quote:

That board used to be even worse than AZB's worst. Has it improved?

Last edited by Joe_Jaguar; 05-17-2020 at 12:28 PM.

Old
  (#4)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1538

05-16-2020, 12:55 PM

I love One Pocket, it's like Chess, on Pool Table.

“Pool is geometry, in its most challenging form, the science of precise angles, and forces" - Quote from: A Game of Pool, The Twilight Zone 1961 Television Show.

Old
  (#5)
TATE
AzB Gold Mensch
TATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

05-16-2020, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Jaguar View Post
That board used to be even worse than AZB worst. Has it improved?
Joe,

Really? Wow, they cleaned it up. If you get a chance, read through that thread. Billy Incardone had some good observations.

Chris

Visit my historic cues site:
www.palmercollector.com

Last edited by TATE; 05-16-2020 at 01:32 PM.

Old
  (#6)
sjm
Stu with the Ko brothers
sjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 525

05-16-2020, 02:14 PM

I make the occasional trip over to the onepocket.org site. It is remarkable, just like the game of one pocket.

I've probably played only 100 racks of one pocket in my entire life, and up to 2009, other than when I watched action matches, I had seen very little one pocket played. I had attended just three or four pro one pocket tournaments to that point.

Derby City, which consists of four days of one pocket every year, changed all that. Eleven Derby City later, I've now sweated 44 full days of one pocket and have learned so much and have really come to appreciate how difficult and fascinating game it really is. To be honest, I enjoy the one pocket more than any other event at Derby City.

One pocket is a wonderful game, and those who play it seriously tend to be fascinating people who cherish its history and lore, which is why onepocket.org is such a cool place.

Old
  (#7)
zcrash
Diligent Home Player
zcrash is on a distinguished road

05-16-2020, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoboloCowboy View Post
I love One Pocket, it's like Chess, on Pool Table.
The classic quote is "One Pocket: a combination of chess and World War II played on a pool table" [Jersey Red???]. It used to be on the back of the onepocket.org tee shirt back in the day. I bought one for my stepkid (he loved the game at age 13)...that was close to 20 years ago, I wonder if he still has it.

Old
  (#8)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

05-16-2020, 05:48 PM

Today's one-pocket, with good players, is way different than one-pocket was when I grew up in the pool hall.

Back then, you only saw the older players playing it and they usually took FOREVER to play a game. They played way more defensive than today and very rarely would go for a ball unless it was a dead cinch.

They would play "cat and mouse" for hours, sometimes.

I used to hate playing with them, but I'd do it because sometimes that was the only game they would play me at. All of them had way more knowledge and experience at the game than I did, but I had more firepower and wasn't afraid to go for stuff that they wouldn't go for. I wasn't a complete dummy when it came to moving though, I had watched them play hundreds of times before I ever started playing it.

I like watching it way more today then I did years ago.

The Hustler

Such a man spends all his life playing every day for small stakes. Give him every morning the money that he may gain during the day, on condition that he does not play-you will make him unhappy. It will perhaps be said what he seeks is the amusement of play, not gain. Let him play then for nothing, he will lose interest and be wearied. ***Blaise Pascal***

In the beginning he was a man...then he became the game.

Old
  (#9)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1538

05-16-2020, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcrash View Post
The classic quote is "One Pocket: a combination of chess and World War II played on a pool table" [Jersey Red???]. It used to be on the back of the onepocket.org tee shirt back in the day. I bought one for my stepkid (he loved the game at age 13)...that was close to 20 years ago, I wonder if he still has it.

That is cool.

“Pool is geometry, in its most challenging form, the science of precise angles, and forces" - Quote from: A Game of Pool, The Twilight Zone 1961 Television Show.

Old
  (#10)
alstl
AzB Silver Member
alstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond repute

05-16-2020, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by book collector View Post
Yeah , they play pretty good , I don't think I can spot either of them any more.
I'd play Filler even if he agreed to play right handed.

Old
  (#11)
alphadog
AzB Silver Member
alphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond repute

05-16-2020, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstl View Post
I'd play Filler even if he agreed to play right handed.
Careful what you ask for

A bull without horns is still dangerous.

Law of logical arguement-Anything is possible when you dont know what you are talking about.

Old
  (#12)
sjm
Stu with the Ko brothers
sjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 525

05-16-2020, 10:13 PM

This match could be a possible springboard for greater interest in one pocket. Played at this pace and on this kind of equipment, one pocket may draw some new fans.

… and, of course, we haven't had a player to watch like Josh Filler in many, many years, and the fact that he has come to enjoy the game of one pocket can only help it.

Old
  (#13)
Gunn_Slinger
AzB Silver Member
Gunn_Slinger has a reputation beyond reputeGunn_Slinger has a reputation beyond reputeGunn_Slinger has a reputation beyond reputeGunn_Slinger has a reputation beyond reputeGunn_Slinger has a reputation beyond reputeGunn_Slinger has a reputation beyond reputeGunn_Slinger has a reputation beyond reputeGunn_Slinger has a reputation beyond reputeGunn_Slinger has a reputation beyond reputeGunn_Slinger has a reputation beyond reputeGunn_Slinger has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 68

05-17-2020, 04:08 AM

Quote:

If you want to get into 1 hole, I recommend Tommy Worth's book: One pocket; a game of controlled aggression. He has a website of the same name.
Good luck

Old
  (#14)
bbb
AzB Silver Member

bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

05-17-2020, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunn_Slinger View Post
If you want to get into 1 hole, I recommend Tommy Worth's book: One pocket; a game of controlled aggression. He has a website of the same name.
Good luck
its TOM WIRTH not worth
here is a link to order the book and other onepocket dvd's from tom
all are highly recommended
https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=511017

Old
  (#15)
Island Drive
AzB Silver Member
Island Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond repute

05-17-2020, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcrash View Post
Taught Jeremy Jones

www.worldbilliardtour.com
Domain Name Only....

Bill Meacham

Page 1 of 3 1 23

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: