Ginacue Box Cue: The First Box Cue Ever Made

cue4me

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is marvelous that you are willing to let others hit with a piece of history. I'm sure that most of them get a thrill out of being able to do that.

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Eddie Kelly with the box cue.....

Will Prout

Will, thank you for sharing your collection. That *first* box cue has to be my favorite cue.

Is there anywhere one can purchase this print? I'd love a copy for my home pool room wall.

Thanks,
Matt

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The cues look awesome. How about telling us about the table they are displayed on.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Will, thank you for sharing your collection. That *first* box cue has to be my favorite cue.

Is there anywhere one can purchase this print? I'd love a copy for my home pool room wall.

Thanks,
Matt

Matt,
The composite picture of the Ginacue Kelly box cue was made for me in 2008. I don’t have a high def picture anymore that can be used.
Perhaps you could blow up this one enough to make a decent sized framable print. Sorry.

Will Prout

Last edited:

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
The cues look awesome. How about telling us about the table they are displayed on.

Hi Chris,
These small tables have a unique history. First coin op tables, etc.
I started a long thread a while back titled Miniature Antique Coin Op Pool Tables that tells all about them.
They are real, weigh as much as a refrigerator, and are perfect for displaying cues.
About 11 different kinds of these tables were made in ca1931-1935, and I have all of them.
I made the acrylic tabletop covers for the tables as part of my various displays.
Will

Last edited:

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Hi Chris,
These small tables have a unique history. First coin op tables, etc.
I started a long thread a while back titled Miniature Antique Coin Op Pool Tables that tells all about them.
They are real, weigh as much as a refrigerator, and are perfect for displaying cues.
About 11 different kinds of these tables were made in ca1931-1935, and I have all of them.
I made the acrylic tabletop covers for the tables as part of my various displays.
Will

Here is a picture of one of my display areas.
Will

Attachments

• A8EAA0DA-4C4E-4EE3-BED3-CEC74A6B84C4.jpg
    A8EAA0DA-4C4E-4EE3-BED3-CEC74A6B84C4.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 289

kitsap

Registered
Will,

Absolutely outstanding! Emotions that can only come from pool players that appreciate what you are sharing.

Thank you.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice box cue collection, Will- I think that I own the Scott Gracio box cue that you once owned- i love this cue #5 in this photo

Attachments

• mike's cues.jpg
    mike's cues.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 381

MrBlack

Registered
That is a fine collection. Beautiful cues with historical signifigance, well done. Thank you for sharing good sir.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Very nice box cue collection, Will- I think that I own the Scott Gracio box cue that you once owned- i love this cue #5 in this photo

Great looking box cue!
I made the fancy joint protectors for that cue, you likely still have them on the cue.
I don’t know how that one got away from me!
Will

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Matt,
The composite picture of the Ginacue Kelly box cue was made for me in 2008. I don’t have a high def picture anymore that can be used.
Perhaps you could blow up this one enough to make a decent sized framable print. Sorry.

Will Prout

I apologize for not being more clear. I meant the print of ED KELLY playing with the Gina. (Yours is autographed)