bay rant

MANPUSS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
what the eff is wrong with ebsy and paypal?? ive been member for good knows how long . made , tracking showing package delivered , and money on hold?? so basically they can hold on to it long as they want . ive tried 2 days to get someone live on phone

nope . any one use a better service this money hold bullshit . bascially is say oh you can get your money when i say so .

and ive been member for 20 years , even sold a car on ebay lol never had holds.

message i got said big ticket items roflmao .go on hold since when is a 1,000 bucks big ticket/

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
You may have been had by the charge back scam...I just learned of it on another site I visit. Sit down before you read this, it's bound to be upsetting.

Hope other cue sellers here take notes as well.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/off-topic-discussions/1064649-charge-back-scam.html

The charge back scam

This is very upsetting. Not sure even what to do next.

Here's the cliff note version: My wife sold a very expensive pearl necklace (valued at approximately $5,000) on eBay for $2,500. The buyer waited until after the eBay feedback period had lapsed, but before the Paypal period was over, <90 days.

Then, they told their credit card company that the necklace was "not as described". They said the pearls were smaller then the description said. Even though my wife had an appraisal from a certified gemologist and the buyer just held up a ruler. The credit card company sided with the buyer. So we got a charge back for $2,500 from eBay and somehow the buyer got to keep the necklace!!

Letters, emails, etc. to eBay and Paypal were a waste of time.

Apparently, this charge back scam has been working as eBay won't go after the scammers. They just ignore the fact that the charge-backer *****s don't return the item - usually jewelry.

So we will never sell anything on eBay for more than $100. F'em.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't scare the man!

You may have been had by the charge back scam...I just learned of it on another site I visit. Sit down before you read this, it's bound to be upsetting.

Hope other cue sellers here take notes as well.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/off-topic-discussions/1064649-charge-back-scam.html

The charge back scam

This is very upsetting. Not sure even what to do next.

Here's the cliff note version: My wife sold a very expensive pearl necklace (valued at approximately $5,000) on eBay for $2,500. The buyer waited until after the eBay feedback period had lapsed, but before the Paypal period was over, <90 days.

Then, they told their credit card company that the necklace was "not as described". They said the pearls were smaller then the description said. Even though my wife had an appraisal from a certified gemologist and the buyer just held up a ruler. The credit card company sided with the buyer. So we got a charge back for $2,500 from eBay and somehow the buyer got to keep the necklace!!

Letters, emails, etc. to eBay and Paypal were a waste of time.

Apparently, this charge back scam has been working as eBay won't go after the scammers. They just ignore the fact that the charge-backer *****s don't return the item - usually jewelry.

So we will never sell anything on eBay for more than $100. F'em.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And you: stop trying to 'call someone's. Use eBay help and submit a request to release funds.
Nobody wanna talk to a manpuss!

It is a quick process and a request they probably get thousands of DAILY. That isn't a transaction that needs a person.

They have thought it all through. You just need to click the right buttons
what the eff is wrong with ebsy and paypal?? ive been member for good knows how long . made , tracking showing package delivered , and money on hold?? so basically they can hold on to it long as they want . ive tried 2 days to get someone live on phone

nope . any one use a better service this money hold bullshit . bascially is say oh you can get your money when i say so .

and ive been member for 20 years , even sold a car on ebay lol never had holds.

message i got said big ticket items roflmao .go on hold since when is a 1,000 bucks big ticket/

Johnson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had a similar situation on a $100 item that showed as delivered then the buyer said they never got it and it went to an item not received case and because the tracking showed that it was delivered I won.

I also had another time when my paypal account got frozen for 6 months with $1,500 in it for no reason that I was ever told of and after 6 months I got the money back but they terminated my account.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
[message i got said big ticket items roflmao .go on hold since when is a 1,000 bucks big ticket/[/QUOTE]

Oh, I don't to, to most people in the world everyday.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I bought a few items off e-bay, all of the sellers had a lot of transaction on e-bay.

So far all have been good experences, and the prices were more competative then Amazon.

Personally never ever both one item off Amazon.

MANPUSS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well i got all info money trail it was sent and piked up, signed for ,,paypal shows, until july 9, ive spoken to buyer few times over 100 goods and no negatives , it just boils my blood ebay actually does this i know they did not use to ,

is funny rbay and paypal own each other but know shit about each other . but this lastest new rule i wont be selling on ebay for sure .

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well i got all info money trail it was sent and piked up, signed for ,,paypal shows, until july 9, ive spoken to buyer few times over 100 goods and no negatives , it just boils my blood ebay actually does this i know they did not use to ,

is funny rbay and paypal own each other but know shit about each other . but this lastest new rule i wont be selling on ebay for sure .
Did your buyer leave positive feedback?

And I will admit that I've only have a handful of transactions over $1,000 line.

MANPUSS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
basically the funds will be released even thou he has cue , i have all shipping and trackings, and ebay knows this , ive been on ebsy buying and selling for over 20 years , perfect record, the buyer has perfect record. so basically ebay is holding money actually stolen, until it come back to july 9 . ive called searched numbers , read and read on ebay , you literally cant get anyon3 on the phone. so after july 9 once i know my money is in my account and shutting down ebay for good , they have completely lost their ****ing minds. and my blood pressure topping out .

i just dont get it , once you sell something , and they know the buyr got it . why the **** hold money coming to seller ??? what if someone need that money before july 9 ?? roflmao oh my my brain wont wrap around that stupid .

i feel like griswold family christmas , going off and say say { hooly helll @@@@!!!! wheres the tylenol ? rofl

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had a similar situation on a $100 item that showed as delivered then the buyer said they never got it and it went to an item not received case and because the tracking showed that it was delivered I won.

I also had another time when my paypal account got frozen for 6 months with $1,500 in it for no reason that I was ever told of and after 6 months I got the money back but they terminated my account.

They freeze money if enough idiots file not as described eBay cases and PayPal says it's to cover potential chargebacks. So they cover themselves while screwing the customer. You have no recourse.

I had this happen and I refunded all my online gambling winnings to bring the held balance to zero. I gave the guys who lost 20% of the amount ...most refused to accept it.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Are you a new seller on eBay? I sold a predator for $2250.00 and the funds were available to me the second he paid. Could've spent it before I even shipped. I have over 2700 feedback though.