10 tips for pool players to prevent spreading covid-19

Flats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hopefully hand sanitizers are handy so you can sanitize upon entrance and before every game

one pocket guy

Registered
staying home is obviously the best way to prevent spread
but if you play, play "safe"- some good ideas here:
https://www.pooldawg.com/article/pooldawg-library/pool-player-safety-tips
Personally, I would not go play in a public poolroom right now if you held a gun on me. Having said that if you don't have your own table and must go to get your fix of pool, consider just practicing by yourself for the time being and stay the heck away from everybody.

This virus is not going away it will feed on us as long as we provide it victims. Just don't be a victim. Right now you have to be like one of those survivalist we all used to make fun of with their cellar full of food. Listen to and follow your own best instincts.

Even if you would like to pretend things are not true, you already know what is right so
be safe. My opinion, this is not going to get better without a working treatment, period. Forget a vaccine, that may not come for who knows when and even if they get one that is like 70% effective (The best they can hope for) many will not want to get it.
I think that many are in complete denial. This is scary stuff but you have to face it and evaluate your priorities.

There used to be a joke about Paranoia. "Just because you are paranoid, it doesn't mean something isn't out to get you".
I remember that old movie "They Live" with Roddy Piper. Be nice if we had a pair of those special glasses to see the Angles of death now walking among us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTK8eff1Zsk

Last edited:

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This virus is not going away...

]

You should’ve stopped right there. You’re right, it’s NEVER going away.

Those whose only concern is to never catch it, should quarantine for the rest of their lives. As we’ve already seen by the number of cases that have come from within “quarantined” people, even that is far from a guarantee, but hey, if that’s your priority in life, go for it.

one pocket guy

Registered
You should’ve stopped right there. You’re right, it’s NEVER going away.

Those whose only concern is to never catch it, should quarantine for the rest of their lives. As we’ve already seen by the number of cases that have come from within “quarantined” people, even that is far from a guarantee, but hey, if that’s your priority in life, go for it.

I think you know I am not saying that. It is a combination of not getting it and also the responsibility of not spreading it. You have to live your life but at least FOR NOW, it is wise to be a little more cautious. Perhaps in a few years we will just accept that half the population over 65 will just be sacrificed for younger peoples wants and needs. Quarter million annually dying of virus will be come normal, just another news story. History has taught us that the human animal is capable of accepting almost anything.