Update on Simionis drama

Art Amato

Registered
Well fellows, this is for those who have been following and commenting on this topic. For those not familiar, see my post under Simionis 860. I called the Simionis factory direct and there is a test you can do if you are unsure whether or not you have Simionis on your table. You buy a black light. I purchased mine at a Spencer's in the mall. It is a 5 1/4 inch flourescent battery operated light which sells for $10.00. Turn out the lights in the room and put the light close to the cloth and you will see the Simionis logo approx. every 36 inches if indeed it is Simionis. MINE IS. I was relieved that I was not taken by my installer and will live with what I have.

So forget about all of the speed tests and whatever else is said, the black light test is the ultimate test to ensure you are playing on Simionis.

Thanks again to those of you who took the time to comment. This is a great site.

P.S. The factory rep said there is actually a flashlight on the market used to detect bed bugs that will do the same thing as the flourescent I bought, but I was unable to find that.

AngryTurtle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is the grade marked on the table as well? I forgot whether I got 860 or not on my table, and was going to try and look it up on the receipt. I happen to have one of the UV flashlights (not for bedbugs!) Got iyt cheap online.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
If it's Simonis and it plays as slow as you say, then it probably wasn't properly stretched during installation. When the installer did mine he really yanked and put almost all his weight on the cloth (I thought, "Geez, he's going to tear my new cloth!").

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Just because it's Simonis, doesn't mean it's put on tight enough. Johnnyt

Art Amato

Registered
I watched the installer and he was stretching it pretty tight. He even used pliers to get it tight as possible.