Johnny Archer needs help

RackemBilliards

Player, Room Owner
Silver Member
Johnny posted around midnight that he was stuck in the snow out on highway 18 west, somewhere near Otterbein Indiana, west of I65. The authorities say no help will be coming tonight. There is a private vehicle ready to go out ,15 minutes away, but they don't know right where he is, and don't have his cell number. If anyone knows that number, please help them out on the Facebook page. Despite numerous attempts, there's been no contact from Johnny in over an hour.

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scott Frost just posted on FB that they believe that somebody came and picked up Johnny, but the guy that went out to search for Johnny also got stuck. Must be horrible weather there.

If I read anything new, like they are all safe and warm, I will post it up. At this time, everyone seems to be "radio silent."

Grantstew

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are still in the car, plenty of fuel, said they will wait for help, Should be fine

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
If Johnny posted why can't they contact him thru that media for more info? :confused:

🎱

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This just in

From Johnny Archer himself on FB --> This guy's name is Rodney Hester and he was going to bed at 3am and a friend of his said that he seen on Facebook that I was stuck and was near him. He got out of bed and was out here at 3:45 looking for us. He just found us and pulled us out of our rut and now we are about 2 miles from 65-north. That is 5 and 1/2 hours roaming these back roads looking for us. I know we would still be there if it wasn't for Mr. Hester. The police around the area had no idea when we might have been rescued. Mr. Hester messed up his 4 wheel drive getting us. I know God sent Mr. Hester to save us and I will be forever indebted to him. I know if the world had more people in it like Mr. Hester then it would be a much better place. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your prayers and help for making this happen. God is great!! God bless you!! Bill Dunne.

Attachments

• 1915458_10207532398080889_8936842237788310988_n.jpg
    1915458_10207532398080889_8936842237788310988_n.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 1,626

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
From Johnny Archer himself on FB --> This guy's name is Rodney Hester and he was going to bed at 3am and a friend of his said that he seen on Facebook that I was stuck and was near him. He got out of bed and was out here at 3:45 looking for us. He just found us and pulled us out of our rut and now we are about 2 miles from 65-north. That is 5 and 1/2 hours roaming these back roads looking for us. I know we would still be there if it wasn't for Mr. Hester. The police around the area had no idea when we might have been rescued. Mr. Hester messed up his 4 wheel drive getting us. I know God sent Mr. Hester to save us and I will be forever indebted to him. I know if the world had more people in it like Mr. Hester then it would be a much better place. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your prayers and help for making this happen. God is great!! God bless you!! Bill Dunne.

There is a Go Fund Me page for the guy who's 4wd broke going to help Johnny & Bill.
https://www.gofundme.com/m5r65zbj

Johnson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rodney plays out of the poolhall here and owns a cab company, I can only imagine where Johnny was at to take that long to find him. Otterbein isn't even on I65, we only had 5 inches of snow here so I don't get why the Interstate was so bad.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
It is fantastic to hear a story like this, it really puts a lot of faith back into humanity, especially when all you hear on the news is Police getting shot, gang violence, BLM rioting etc, etc....................
Some guy famous in the micro world of professional pool gets stuck in a snowstorm, from the sounds of it several people spend their free time and energy looking for him and risk getting stranded themselves, then someone finds him and rescues him but damages his truck in the process and other people from the pool community donate money to help repair the good Samaritans truck. Maybe instead of saying the world needs more good people they should be saying the world needs more pool players. Thats a pretty endearing story for a bunch of supposedly lowlife gamblers that spend their free time in bars drinking and using drugs along with gambling and maybe a little pool playing. Great job to all those involved!!!!:bow-down::bow-down:

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
I just got off the phone with Johnny, between the night they had last night and having to get on a plane today to get home things have been hectic. He was actually on the plane when I spoke with him and told him about the Go fund me for $400. He asked me to post here and let everyone know that nobody needs to put their money in to fund this. Johnny is more than happy to make it right himself. He will be covering the $400. He also wanted to than everyone for their support for not only him but also for the kind man who went out of his way to help.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rodney plays out of the poolhall here and owns a cab company, I can only imagine where Johnny was at to take that long to find him. Otterbein isn't even on I65, we only had 5 inches of snow here so I don't get why the Interstate was so bad.

LOL - Southerners up North. I lived in a lot of places growing up. Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Alaska and many more. We moved to Texas when I was in the 5th grade. One day in winter my brother and I walked to school and when we got to school there was nobody there so we walked home. My Mother called and found out they cancelled school because of the snow. It snowed maybe 1/2 inch, we didn't even notice it but it forced this Texas town to cancel school.