Mr 600

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SCHMIDT-HARRIMAN 2009 DCC 14.1 semis

A lot of pseudo-jocular sharking (IMO) conversation starts up at 16:20 and Danny is drawn into the banter as he's racking for his own breakshot, then the needless talk continues with John's voice predominant after Danny is set up and about to break. Danny makes the break shot then sure enough misses the next ball. His concentration was obviously hugely diminished by the unfortunate banter.

Maybe everyone involved in the banter -- including Danny -- was simply relaxing from the tension of the ultra-slooow play during the first rack. Hope I'm misinterpreting the situation, but I don't think so. Here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPUzNC1sLK8

I've heard that conditions get (or used to get) rowdy at the DCC, but I sure don't like to witness it during 14.1 matches, especially at semis and finals.

Arnaldo

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Prior to JS626 run, JS put out feelers for support from the pool world. He wanted 50G's for himself to pursue the 526 record for about six months. He got NO advance money of which we are aware. Evidently, he found some small sponsors. So, for a couple of cues, four gloves, a rack, a piece of chalk and free playing time from a couple of pool parlors, he set about his journey.

Leap ahead about a year and half from start to finish. He has now drawn a beeline on the pool public to pay for his accomplishment and an unknown future monetary gain.

Idolize JS626 all you want to, it's probably all the reward forthcoming. Sorry folks! Willie Mosconi had a day job with the Brunswick-Balke-Collender Company for approximately sixty years. Selling the Company products and performing pool exhibitions. Always dressed, coat and tie. Has JS ever held full time work? Didn't think so. Who(m) to idolize? You're free to choose. Just don't call us when you need to sell us your products, or need our money.
If a pool player is your idol...that says a lot about you.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see by your avatar that you must enjoy peeing into the wind. Must get wet a lot.

One of the world's top 174 landmarks. Not sure what is has to do with my potty preferences....

But you go ahead and parade your ignorance. Go'head.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Prior to JS626 run, JS put out feelers for support from the pool world. He wanted 50G's for himself to pursue the 526 record for about six months. He got NO advance money of which we are aware. Evidently, he found some small sponsors. So, for a couple of cues, four gloves, a rack, a piece of chalk and free playing time from a couple of pool parlors, he set about his journey.

Leap ahead about a year and half from start to finish. He has now drawn a beeline on the pool public to pay for his accomplishment and an unknown future monetary gain.

Idolize JS626 all you want to, it's probably all the reward forthcoming. Sorry folks! Willie Mosconi had a day job with the Brunswick-Balke-Collender Company for approximately sixty years. Selling the Company products and performing pool exhibitions. Always dressed, coat and tie. Has JS ever held full time work? Didn't think so. Who(m) to idolize? You're free to choose. Just don't call us when you need to sell us your products, or need our money.

Let me get this straight, Willie got PAID to play straight pool for 60 years but John wanting to get paid for playing pool is wrong?

If the opportunity was out there for players to be paid year round to play you dont think they'd accept it? Hell, they love it so much they mostly play for free now.

When the IPT was around and it looked like the players would earn enough to live all year they came out of the woodwork to play.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
congrats

Sorry Jimmy, I agree with you 99.9% of the time... but the BCA already reviewed the unedited tape and confirmed it's the new exhibition record.

Now I know why they call it the windy city. As I recall last time I defeated Schmidt in 14.1 leg of TAR there were a couple feller's from chicago that drove down to watch him show his back side. I would be willing to bet if ur not one of em - u know em well. Oh yea chicago rj if the bca said it's ok to jump off a cliff than we should all trust we have wings - no thanks. Like a few others - here on the open forum/field I see right through that - but I have no ties that bind me to bca - as I feel u probly do. I would define anyone who is offended that the bca's claim could be false (even though all were asking for is evidence) is simply 'squirming out in the open field'. I do take flight in the fact that I have learned to think for myself and not make some desperate attempt to believe everythin I hear just cause a govt. institution (bca) claims it to be - they are not my governing body of pool - and not one person on their staff can get there goin up agin' me in a long set of 14.1.

Do u think the bca has the $ and resources to start a junior 14.1 straight pool league (semi pro) to help support the younger generation of pool ? They would rather support 9 ball and 8 as it feeds into their bar room culture, this is why we have the us open bar table championships (what a bca joke) they actually pay top players to compete in these bar table events so's to blur the lines between amateur and pro status in my view. I trust no agency or govt/gang that will not show their numbers (in this case the un-edited video proof). So Jimmy is spot on with his assessment and obviously has a solid grasp on how our legal system works. One thing is for sure bca, nytimes, and John's new overseas carbon fibre cue sponsir are conducting an experiment on society with what is very likely to be fake news - and could ultimately end up in court. When they do produce the tape I would bet it will be convoluted (replacing balls, racking at opposite end of table for half the run - heavy caution sign goin up already) if I know schmidt and his camp as well as I think I do. I know him well enough that I really don't like his longitude, latitude, nor his all-around attitude. Just some truth while we wait for the phony chopped video - if they ever produce one.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is true that everyone who does not tell you how awesome you are is a spy for an organization that has betrayed you.

You are surely right to think you are so important that spies have been put on you You know, look at all the great you've done and the evils you've righted...

:nono:

Now I know why they call it the windy city. As I recall last time I defeated Schmidt in 14.1 leg of TAR there were a couple feller's from chicago that drove down to watch him show his back side. I would be willing to bet if ur not one of em - u know em well. Oh yea chicago rj if the bca said it's ok to jump off a cliff than we should all trust we have wings - no thanks. Like a few others - here on the open forum/field I see right through that - but I have no ties that bind me to bca - as I feel u probly do. I would define anyone who is offended that the bca's claim could be false (even though all were asking for is evidence) is simply squirming out in the open field. I do take flight in the fact that I have learned to think for myself and not make some desperate attempt to believe everythin I hear just cause a govt. institution say's it is.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member

For THAT you came back? Pretty weak.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
SCHMIDT-HARRIMAN 2009 DCC 14.1 semis

A lot of pseudo-jocular sharking (IMO) conversation starts up at 16:20 and Danny is drawn into the banter as he's racking for his own breakshot, then the needless talk continues with John's voice predominant after Danny is set up and about to break. Danny makes the break shot then sure enough misses the next ball. His concentration was obviously hugely diminished by the unfortunate banter.

Maybe everyone involved in the banter -- including Danny -- was simply relaxing from the tension of the ultra-slooow play during the first rack. Hope I'm misinterpreting the situation, but I don't think so. Here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPUzNC1sLK8

I've heard that conditions get (or used to get) rowdy at the DCC, but I sure don't like to witness it during 14.1 matches, especially at semis and finals.

Arnaldo

Somebody, in a very loud voice, definitely sharked Danny just as he was about to pull the trigger on his break shot. He got up and then a loud conversation ensued (with much laughter) about some upcoming event. John's voice can be heard predominately in this conversation. To his credit Danny finally gets back down and makes a good break shot. He then misses the next shot on a thin cut along the bottom rail.

Say what you want about Danny on here but he was certainly disrespected there by John and his buddies. I didn't see or hear Danny do anything wrong.

One final observation. This thread and the 1,000+ replies on here are great PR for John and his record run (I believe he did it). This is all free advertising for him and whatever he decides to do with his DVD of the run.

Last edited:

TWOFORPOOL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nothing sinister here, I simply believe that the unedited video should be made public for all to see and evaluate for ourselves. I think that's a very reasonable request and the delay in releasing the video muddies the issue even further.

For all the doubters that believe that because the un-edited video isn't being release makes them believe there is something on the tape that JS doesn't want them to see. After all if there is nothing to hide they would of released the tape by now.

If BCA officials have viewed and verified the un-edited tape I am assuming they have verified that there were no fouls (including touching a ball) during the run. Cleaning the balls, breaking from the wrong end and taking breaks may be taking advantage of the intent of the game but I feel its within the rules. After all did anybody say he couldn't do this? The next person who tries and breaks the 626 can do the same thing. For personal reasons I don't like JS at all but that's another discussion.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Here's mine > One earned his money, the other wants us to give ours to him. Just stringing us along for the video=money.

Somehow I don't think you will be buying.

Why shouldn't John be paid for this? He put in the time, practice, being away from home, you know all those things Willie got paid for day in and day out for 60years as you suggest.

wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's mine > One earned his money, the other wants us to give ours to him. Just stringing us along for the video=money.

Yes, I have it from a reliable source, John is just waiting to get your money for buying his video. You are on his radar.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Question for Danny Harriman:

I've seen you play 14.1 many times and consider you a very elite master of the discipline. I know you and John have some bad history, but I still would have thought that you saw John Schmidt as a player having fairly similar skills at 14.1 to yourself.

Personally, I think you, too, had the ability and skills to break Mosconi's record, but John dedicated far more time and effort to setting the record, and given how he mass-produced runs of 400+, including a witnessed 494, how can anyone doubt John's ability to make the alleged 626 ball run?

Although I am not counted among them, I don't blame those that would like more evidence of the run, but the thing I don't understand is why some are not prepared to take the word of the BCA at face value here. I don't think they had any motive at all to put their stamp on a run if they weren't fully satisfied of its legitimacy.

If, for the sake of argument, the BCA is shown to have acted with deceit or incompetence here, it will be a sad day for pool, but there's not a shred of evidence that this is the case.

Why do you feel so strongly that the pool-playing public has been deceived?

Respectfully from a fan of yours, SJM

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Question for Danny Harriman:

I've seen you play 14.1 many times and consider you a very elite master of the discipline. I know you and John have some bad history, but I still would have thought that you saw John Schmidt as a player having fairly similar skills at 14.1 to yourself.

Personally, I think you, too, had the ability and skills to break Mosconi's record, but John dedicated far more time and effort to setting the record, and given how he mass-produced runs of 400+, including a witnessed 494, how can anyone doubt John's ability to make the alleged 626 ball run?

Although I am not counted among them, I don't blame those that would like more evidence of the run, but the thing I don't understand is why some are not prepared to take the word of the BCA at face value here. I don't think they had any motive at all to put their stamp on a run if they weren't fully satisfied of its legitimacy.

If, for the sake of argument, the BCA is shown to have acted with deceit or incompetence here, it will be a sad day for pool, but there's not a shred of evidence that this is the case.

Why do you feel so strongly that the pool-playing public has been deceived?

Respectfully from a fan of yours, SJM

You're gonna have to get somebody he hasn't blocked yet to copy this for you.

I believe he determined you a puppet of the Gov't, a denier of the truth, and a person that shouldn't be allowed to touch a rack earlier in this thread, which means you are blocked and he cannot see your insignificant post.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
This is from a reliable source, also. A well known player will play him for the single unedited video, double or nothing. JS will just have to prove it's the one and only video. Pun intended

I must have missed the pun.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
You're gonna have to get somebody he hasn't blocked yet to copy this for you.

I believe he determined you a puppet of the Gov't, a denier of the truth, and a person that shouldn't be allowed to touch a rack earlier in this thread, which means you are blocked and he cannot see your insignificant post.

Gotcha, I will respect his right to block me.

wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I were John and I was happy with both the edited and unedited versions of the run. I would offer the edited version for a reasonable price. I would offer the unedited version in a limited edition of 3 for $20,000 each (with the very high demand from the conspiracy theorists he would probably sell at least 1 at this price).

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Somebody, in a very loud voice, definitely sharked Danny just as he was about to pull the trigger on his break shot. He got up and then a loud conversation ensued (with much laughter) about some upcoming event. John's voice can be heard predominately in this conversation. To his credit Danny finally gets back down and makes a good break shot. He then misses the next shot on a thin cut along the bottom rail.

Say what you want about Danny on here but he was certainly disrespected there by John and his buddies. I didn't see or hear Danny do anything wrong.

One final observation. This thread and the 1,000+ replies on here are great PR for John and his record run (I believe he did it). This is all free advertising for him and whatever he decides to do with his DVD of the run.

lol, a member of the JB School of PR.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For all the doubters that believe that because the un-edited video isn't being release makes them believe there is something on the tape that JS doesn't want them to see. After all if there is nothing to hide they would of released the tape by now.

If BCA officials have viewed and verified the un-edited tape I am assuming they have verified that there were no fouls (including touching a ball) during the run. Cleaning the balls, breaking from the wrong end and taking breaks may be taking advantage of the intent of the game but I feel its within the rules. After all did anybody say he couldn't do this? The next person who tries and breaks the 626 can do the same thing. For personal reasons I don't like JS at all but that's another discussion.

So let me ask you, Two: given that we do not know what standards the BCA applied when reviewing the run, if it comes to light that there were OB fouls or that JS picked up the CB mid-run (as I believe he did during a previous run) would that alter your opinion of the BCA’s verification/certification of the run?

Lou Figueroa