27+14 ? Rules

adibon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Salam ,

Here is the situation : in an international snooker game all the reds are potted and only the colors are left. Player A has 42 pionts more than player B by this time which means player B needs more than two snookers to win the frame . Does the frame end or continues ?

Wity

Banned
A frame ends if a player conceeds or one of them wins. How many points one is in front of the other before such happens is irrelevent.

adibon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A frame ends if a player conceeds or one of them wins. How many points one is in front of the other before such happens is irrelevent.

player's wishes male rules ? can we get the game to Olymipcs by such a rule ?

Wity

Banned
Lets keep our fingers crossed it never becomes part of the olympics, it's not corrupt enough to be a part of that shower.

adibon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lets keep our fingers crossed it never becomes part of the olympics, it's not corrupt enough to be a part of that shower.

O.K. We are not on the same boat to ride to Olympics .
Player A's score is 100 & only the black is on the table . How long do we have to wait for the frame to end ?

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
O.K. We are not on the same boat to ride to Olympics .
Player A's score is 100 & only the black is on the table . How long do we have to wait for the frame to end ?

Player A can call the frame if he is a ahead by more than 7 points and only the black remains.

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
Guess I don't see a major difference between snooker and other cue games with regard to when the game ends. So long as it is possible to win, the trailing opponent can continue or concede. When it becomes impossible to win, the game is over.

You would rarely ever see a match in which the trailing player would try to win when there is a huge gap between the score difference and points remaining on the table.

adibon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guess I don't see a major difference between snooker and other cue games with regard to when the game ends. So long as it is possible to win, the trailing opponent can continue or concede. When it becomes impossible to win, the game is over.

You would rarely ever see a match in which the trailing player would try to win when there is a huge gap between the score difference and points remaining on the table.

and one frame may last for ever .

Sure , the game never gets close to the Olympics .

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
It hasn't yet. I saw a race to two the other night... two women playing 8-ball. That match did last forever! :eek::D

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
players shall call the frame or the referee ?

The player calls the frame if it is his turn and he is on the black. Frame ends anyways if he misses the other player is behind by more than 7 points.

The longest frame I've ever heard of I think was 90 minutes, long but not forever. the average frame is about 15-20 minutes between professionals. Even against club players I have seen, frames rarely go longer than 30 minutes unless they can't pot a ball.

adibon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The player calls the frame if it is his turn and he is on the black. Frame ends anyways if he misses the other player is behind by more than 7 points.

The longest frame I've ever heard of I think was 90 minutes, long but not forever. the average frame is about 15-20 minutes between professionals. Even against club players I have seen, frames rarely go longer than 30 minutes unless they can't pot a ball.

You don't support the regulation change regarding " the time period " , do i get this right ?

Keith Buck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You don't support the regulation change regarding " the time period " , do i get this right ?

What are you proposing, having a frame end after 20 or 30 minutes and giving the frame to whoever has the most points at that time?

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member

No I don't. It's not necessary. I don't mean this in a rude or sarcastic way but, have you played much snooker? Your concerns seem to be unfounded. In your other thread about a player running a century and the game continuing, I have never seen that happen before in competition. An 70-80+ break is almost always end of frame. The only time it might continue is two players knocking the balls around for s&g's.

If your desperate to speed up the game, you can play 6 or 10 red snooker. You can also eliminate points awarded for fouls and give the incoming player ball in hand, that way it's impossible to make up ground if your behind by more than is available.

Snooker is fine the way it is. Any changes to it just mess it up, the 6 red tournament just meant match after match watching the pros bat the colours about.

adibon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What are you proposing, having a frame end after 20 or 30 minutes and giving the frame to whoever has the most points at that time?

All i am asking is to have ONE&only ONE bright rule through out the world for billiards

adibon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No I don't. It's not necessary. I don't mean this in a rude or sarcastic way but, have you played much snooker? Your concerns seem to be unfounded. In your other thread about a player running a century and the game continuing, I have never seen that happen before in competition. An 70-80+ break is almost always end of frame. The only time it might continue is two players knocking the balls around for s&g's.

If your desperate to speed up the game, you can play 6 or 10 red snooker. You can also eliminate points awarded for fouls and give the incoming player ball in hand, that way it's impossible to make up ground if your behind by more than is available.

Snooker is fine the way it is. Any changes to it just mess it up, the 6 red tournament just meant match after match watching the pros bat the colours about.
We get 1 negative vote regarding " rules changing ".
Yes , i play snooker , i teach billiard , i ran an academy(www.adibon.com) & i am 55 . Beside those , i intend to have billiards to the Olmpics . I am not offended by your questions .
According to some of the present rules the game goes on until the black is potted or the behind player conceeds . I think this should ghange .

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is the purpose of your rule proposal?

What would it accomplish?

You also understand that a player up 100 points may still be shooting for

a) total clearance
b) highest tournament break
c) 147

If you want to campaign for Snooker in the Olympics, you need to learn ALOT more about the game first

drsnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A "4 snookers rule" already exists in the US national championships:

7.1.1 During the Round Robin Group Phase only, once all the red balls have been pocketed and just the colors remain on the table, if a player on their next visit to the table then requires four or more snookers to the value of the “ball on” that player will lose the frame.

Wity

Banned
I'm not surprised. it was written in the constitution...
From this day forth the playing of any game under existing rules is forbidden.:rolleyes:

adibon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is the purpose of your rule proposal?

What would it accomplish?

You also understand that a player up 100 points may still be shooting for

a) total clearance
b) highest tournament break
c) 147

If you want to campaign for Snooker in the Olympics, you need to learn ALOT more about the game first

1- To get billiards to the Olympics .
2- A unified rule through out the world .
3 - You may know that the highest break may become to 155&not 147.
4- We all need to learn ALOT, don't we ?
5- Some of us may think about things which are preventing the billiards to get to the Olympics .