Unique Bumpers

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Post Your Unique Bumpers

Let's see some different bumpers! Anything but plain old off the shelf black.

Brown Brunswick? OK.....but I know we can do better than that.

Red?

Orange?

Brown, non-Brunswick?

Other colors?

Custom shapes?

Push in?

Screw in?

Unique way to attach it?

Custom molded logos?

Unique material? (non-rubber?)

Bumperless need not apply in this thread folks.

We have seen a bumperless thread and a big bumper thread....now how about some unique bumpers?

I'll start with a cue that I no longer own. I sold this cue a few months ago but one of the things that was interesting about it was that it had a white bumper.

IMG_0451.JPG

IMG_0454.JPG

IMG_0456.JPG

Last edited:

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
How about a few good old fashioned brown bumpers:

Attachments

• MVC-011F.JPG
    MVC-011F.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 1,715

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member
HOW ABOUT THESE.......

BOTH HARD PLASTIC, THREAD IN PIECES. ONE BLACK, ONE PEARL.

DSC04649.jpg

DSC01215.jpg

Marcus

Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dig the pearlized!

Now that's what I am talking about!

Thanks for posting! :thumbup:

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
How about green stacked leather. I was finishing up some of my first cues. This was before I had heard of Atlas. My step daughter ask if I had any use for some old mouse eaten sued chaps. She was about to through out. I didn't have any bumpers for the cues I was making. So I made my own. Made about ten of them.

picture.php

picture.php

Larry

JerrysCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In 1980-81 Andy Diamond made cues with blue bumpers. I believe RH Helmsetter made the cues. does any body where I can get 2or3 ?

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How about green stacked leather. I was finishing up some of my first cues. This was before I had heard of Atlas. My step daughter ask if I had any use for some old mouse eaten sued chaps. She was about to through out. I didn't have any bumpers for the cues I was making. So I made my own. Made about ten of them.

picture.php

picture.php

Larry

Necessity is the mother of invention.

That is really very cool. :thumbup:

CMD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I no longer own either cue...

Joey Bautista

DSC01097.jpg

Sugartree

DSC00611.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Chris

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very Cool!

Now we got something going!

That Sugartree bumper is cool! Is it leather? I don't know those cues really, is this common?

The Divney bumper looks like if you accidentally drew back into somebody they would get a bruise in the shape of that logo, LOL!

Thanks guys!

MightyCustomCue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
O-Ring Bumper

Here's something I'm experimenting with: a low-profile o-ring bumper. Conversion is still in progress and I just cut in the ring groove last night. This is just an experiment and the first one at that. Like yourself, I too have a few questions (weight bolt or no weight, o-ring exchange-ability, etc.) but what do you think?

Attachments

• o-ring bumper.jpg
    o-ring bumper.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 1,391

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sweet! Very original thinking, I have never seen that done before.

I like it.

We're really seeing some cool stuff. Thank you!

I'll be interested to see the cue when it's done as well. Is that a Dufferin conversion?

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member
Here's something I'm experimenting with: a low-profile o-ring bumper. Conversion is still in progress and I just cut in the ring groove last night. This is just an experiment and the first one at that. Like yourself, I too have a few questions (weight bolt or no weight, o-ring exchange-ability, etc.) but what do you think?

That is cool. Would look sweet with a recessed polished bolt. Not sure how you could make it changeable. Doesn't it need to be glued in?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house&#129304;&#127995;
Silver Member
Very Cool!

Now we got something going!

That Sugartree bumper is cool! Is it leather? I don't know those cues

Thanks guys!

yes it is leather and no it is not common for eric to do it that way...

CMD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yes it is leather and no it is not common for eric to do it that way...

Mickey is absolutely correct. IIRC Eric did one other cue for the TAR Harvey Martin tribute. Here is Eric's quote about his use of the leather bumper. Very cool story...

I knew an old builder in Santa Barbara, not sure if he's still around or not. He really left an impression on me. He would walk the beach every morning & evening, picking up debris & driftwood & such. He'd look for old sandals & boots that had the laminated leather soles. He clamped them in a drill & used a holesaw to cut out bumpers. They polished up great, were classy, did a great job of protecting the cue & never costed a dime. I liked them because they were different & high class, as well as non-absorbing in terms of harmonics & vibration. It's like having the protection of the bumper without the dampening affect. And they look friggin cool :)

Anyway, he approved my using of his idea. I don't actually cut mine out of old shoes, though. I make mine. I have used them in cues for years, mostly higher end or special cues. But I learned a lot about cues from that guy. He was deaf but understood the harmonic dynamics of the cue, and how to manipulate it to feel like they were alive.

MightyCustomCue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sweet! Very original thinking, I have never seen that done before.

I like it.

We're really seeing some cool stuff. Thank you!

I'll be interested to see the cue when it's done as well. Is that a Dufferin conversion?

Yes, a Dufferin conversion. I'll try to post it when complete. Thanks for the encouragement!

That is cool. Would look sweet with a recessed polished bolt. Not sure how you could make it changeable. Doesn't it need to be glued in?

Agreed. I was thing about a polished bolt too as long as the head is smaller in diameter than the ID of the o-ring. Changeable? -that was one of my concerns too and yes currently I would have to glue it in but already have thought about it just being friction fit.