Predator vantage shafts

aquaurchin99

Let's Make A Deal
Silver Member
Last time I talked to Predator they said they had a new 314-2 shaft in development. This must be it! Psyched!!!

LHP5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last time I talked to Predator they said they had a new 314-2 shaft in development. This must be it! Psyched!!!

Exactly why I've been saying it's probably 12.5mm and maybe this time they might have gotten rid of the pie splicing, hence the reason they now call it "vantage". They did call it 314 for the pi 3.14 right? Food for thought.

Zerius

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Luddites

xr0gbLK.png

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
They are 3C shafts that will be released with Predator's new CRM carom cues.

I'm betting there will also be a Vantage pool shaft. The shafts in the video and in the picture on AzB's front page do not have the little box under the cat that appears on the shaft you pictured. Five AzB members are going to be given a shaft as part of the roll-out; I doubt they will be 3C shafts.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm betting there will also be a Vantage pool shaft. The shafts in the video and in the picture on AzB's front page do not have the little box under the cat that appears on the shaft you pictured. Five AzB members are going to be given a shaft as part of the roll-out; I doubt they will be 3C shafts.

Bingo.
If I had to guess at it, this is predators response to OB revamping their shafts. There will probably be a vantage pool shaft, a vantage pro 11.75mm and the vantage carom etc
Chuck

icucybe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hopefully they will come out with good details about the technology like OB did. I wonder why they dont make 12.5 Pro Taper from stock. Is it because most people can shave it down or is there another reason?

Haven't played with a 12.75, but i really like my 12.5 G-Core.

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
Tip diameter

Kinda sucks that the tip diameter is 12.9, very strange number. Would've loved if it was 12.75 or smaller. Also, $345 for a uniloc version? Have they gone mad?!

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The price on these things, as with most LD's, is just crazy
I am soooooooooooooo glad I'm not hooked on or attracted to those shafts.

Gimme solid maple any day over this junk.

In the music world laminated instruments tend to be much cheaper than solid wood ones.
Laminated back and sides is something used on a lot of those cheap GC guitars. The ones who are solid wood are much more expensive.
And resonate and sound better too.

In the pool world it's the opposite.
The laminated-no feel-glued together-drilled through-no wood in the center-s*it costs more than the solid wood stuff.
Funny how it works.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The price on these things, as with most LD's, is just crazy
I am soooooooooooooo glad I'm not hooked on or attracted to those shafts.

Gimme solid maple any day over this junk.

In the music world laminated instruments tend to be much cheaper than solid wood ones.
Laminated back and sides is something used on a lot of those cheap GC guitars. The ones who are solid wood are much more expensive.
And resonate and sound better too.

In the pool world it's the opposite.
The laminated-no feel-glued together-drilled through-no wood in the center-s*it costs more than the solid wood stuff.
Funny how it works.

A good salesman can convince the novice.
A great salesman can convince the expert.

Judging by Predator's sales, they are great salesmen :grin: