Cue builders who can make a four point cue for 1000

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
Looking to have a four point cue made but all the builders I have contacted are in high demand and their prices are out of my buget. Any recommendations? Ty. My specs are fairly straightforward, looking for a straight grain four point four veneer hoppe. No rings no inlays. As simple as it gets.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
I would look in the FS forum. Buying used is the best way to stay on budget.

For Example:
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=453649

That took about 10 seconds to find.

Lol. I told him I'd take that cue if it was still available but i would really like to have it build for me. Id like to be the first owner. I've been out if the scene for a while and don't know who still making cues or new names. Thanks for response

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol. I told him I'd take that cue if it was still available but i would really like to have it build for me. Id like to be the first owner. I've been out if the scene for a while and don't know who still making cues or new names. Thanks for response
Allen Green in Houston.

Franky4Eyes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Schmelke for the cheapest.
Higher quality maybe contact Jim Pierce, or Tony Russel.
But, by the time you get the cue, another year will
have passed though...
That's the beauty of the for sale forum.
There are cues exactly as you desire;
already made and waiting for you to choose.
You'll probably be able to save a few hundred as well.
Some even possibly brand new.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking to have a four point cue made but all the builders I have contacted are in high demand and their prices are out of my buget. Any recommendations? Ty. My specs are fairly straightforward, looking for a straight grain four point four veneer hoppe. No rings no inlays. As simple as it gets.

Paul Drexler PFD Studios cues as you describe start well under 1k.
www.PFDStudios.com

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some good suggestions here.

My Runde was in that range, $1100 with two shafts, would have been $950 with just one. But I don’t think he’s taking orders, or at least not many, these days. I still feel like it was an incrdible value for the quality of cue I got and if you could find a way to get an order in with him would be a fantastic choice.

Love this style of cue, simple 4pnt/vnr players cues. Mine has basic stitch rings but nothing else. You get a lot of playability for your money.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Increase you budget by $150 - $200 and then contact Bob Owen........you will become delighted with the cue.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Increase you budget by $150 - $200 and then contact Bob Owen........you will become delighted with the cue.

If that’s where Bob Owen is at for a basic 4 pointer then that is the way I’d go if I couldn’t get Runde to take an order. Everyone seems to love how his cues play, never hear anything negative about his cues. He’s high on my list for whenever I order another cue.

Jon Manning

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lots of great suggestions.

I'll throw a name, John K. Bender. I have a couple of his cues, they play Jam-Up. Also, he is an absolute pleasure to deal with, I can vouch for the mans character, he does what he says he will do, you won't have to worry about all the BS horror stories we all hear about.

john@johnbendercues.com