Look at your cue.......PA PA PA PA PAPOWER!!!!

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Hello, PLAYERS, look at your CUE, now back to MINE, now back at yours , now back to mine. Sadly, yours isn’t mine, but if you stopped using low deflection laminated shafts and switched to old growth maple, your cue could be like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on AZ with the cue you dream your cue could be like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s old growth maple with the hit that you love. Look again, the cue is now a million dollars. Anything is possible when your cue looks like my cue and not an import.. I’m on a mac.

Shoot like a man.....man.....

lol
-Grey Ghost-

Reposted from 2010......R.I.P. old gal....you were hella fine, better than any wine, and we had a hella good time :frown:

but she your twin coming....and all i do is old growth...watch out ED....the grey and and his wood are out hunting (no pun intended ladie :eek:)

Attachments

• Photo 318.jpg
    Photo 318.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 892
  • 26-million-dollars-03.jpg
    26-million-dollars-03.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 849
  • 1_10205627198215095_1048860158022544555_n.jpg
    1_10205627198215095_1048860158022544555_n.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 841

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
There is something wrong with your cloth. It seems to be neither green, nor my beloved tourney blue.

I wouldn't know an LD shaft if I saw one. Now, an LSD shaft would get my attention.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
There is something wrong with your cloth. It seems to be neither green, nor my beloved tourney blue.

I wouldn't know an LD shaft if I saw one. Now, an LSD shaft would get my attention.

there was nothing wrong with the cloth lol....turd ;).....that was olive green velocity tournament pro like 7 years ago...well it was installed 7-8....wanted to try it and thats the best color they had at the time.

table was sold to a friend before i moved to oregon and i set it up with 860hr.

looks alot darker than it actually was.....old pics taken with a laptop camera

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I am counting growth rings on some maple shaft blanks that I know are at least 80 years old and probably much older. I can count around 50 years per inch. I have a decent supply of this and am looking forward to making a few shafts with it. I have a piece rough turned right now for a butt section but it may be rather hefty when finished.:cool:

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
I am counting growth rings on some maple shaft blanks that I know are at least 80 years old and probably much older. I can count around 50 years per inch. I have a decent supply of this and am looking forward to making a few shafts with it. I have a piece rough turned right now for a butt section but it may be rather hefty when finished.:cool:

what are ya trying to say.....lol....do not patronize me little cue man for elves!

we should commence on a trading....tell you what....

you show me your wood....and ill show you mine ;)

feelin naughty,:wink:
Greyghost

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
what are ya trying to say.....lol....do not patronize me little cue man for elves!

we should commence on a trading....tell you what....

you show me your wood....and ill show you mine ;)

feelin naughty,:wink:
Greyghost

Thats a deal:wink: On a side note I just got home from Oregon yesterday, I have family on the coast near Florence. Gawd is it green there.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Cross section

Not easy to count but check this old growth out.

Attachments

• IMG_9477.jpg
    IMG_9477.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 711

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Hey Keeb, what's happening
The LD's hit good and it's tempting to use one, but I'll stay with the OG's.
I like vintage cues with original shafts.
If I don't like the shaft or just the taper, then I lean away from that cuemaker.
A nice piece of shaft wood finished by the cuemaker, adds to the beauty of a cue.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
No LD for this boy either. I have one custom made for me with very tight growth rings, they were expensive, and hand picked by the cue maker for me. It is my daily player.

I like the way old school wood shafts feel and play.

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
I also will never drink the LD Kool Aid, nothing in my opinion plays like a proper maple shaft.

So Grey, you for hire to make shafts with all that good wood or are you just flirting?

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Looks like you are big pin guy too. Maybe I am your uncle, with Neil being your father.

But whose your daddy E?

Hello, PLAYERS, look at your CUE, now back to MINE, now back at yours , now back to mine. Sadly, yours isn’t mine, but if you stopped using low deflection laminated shafts and switched to old growth maple, your cue could be like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on AZ with the cue you dream your cue could be like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s old growth maple with the hit that you love. Look again, the cue is now a million dollars. Anything is possible when your cue looks like my cue and not an import.. I’m on a mac.

Shoot like a man.....man.....

lol
-Grey Ghost-

Reposted from 2010......R.I.P. old gal....you were hella fine, better than any wine, and we had a hella good time :frown:

but she your twin coming....and all i do is old growth...watch out ED....the grey and and his wood are out hunting (no pun intended ladie :eek:)

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
Looks like you are big pin guy too. Maybe I am your uncle, with Neil being your father.

But whose your daddy E?

His daddy is English. You see ghost had always been a rebel and he's just in disagreement with his daddy a lot here lately. Who's yo daddy??!??!!

I tried the LD shafts back when the Z2 came out and I had to go back to solid maple. I'll never swap again.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just having 2 cues completed and the shafts are original as are all the shafts on all my cues....no LD shafts in my cue case.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
What is the general feeling here towards shafts with curly maple. Personally I love them.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
His daddy is English. You see ghost had always been a rebel and he's just in disagreement with his daddy a lot here lately. Who's yo daddy??!??!!

I tried the LD shafts back when the Z2 came out and I had to go back to solid maple. I'll never swap again.

in his keyboarding dreams

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
What is the general feeling here towards shafts with curly maple. Personally I love them.

love figure in shafts too.....only problem the more figure, the more possibility of internal stresses in the wood, so possible movement is likely