Revo Stock

MSchaffer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone heard any recent updates on Revo stock? They've been out for several months now, and over the summer I heard rumors of being ready by September.

September has come and gone, and now we are more than halfway done with October, and I've not heard anything.

Derek7646

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A few distributors that i had lining one up for me said November there is another batch coming out, but that info good be as good as the people who said September

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A few distributors that i had lining one up for me said November there is another batch coming out, but that info good be as good as the people who said September

You make it sound like they are out on the farm, picking the Revos as they ripen. :)

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Predator marketing are still forecasting production, so exactly one person won't get a Revo. This way, they keep up the demand for their product. :)

radge69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just bought one yesterday. Get on the dealers lists to be contacted when they come in stock.

Derek7646

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You make it sound like they are out on the farm, picking the Revos as they ripen. :)

Yeah, the revo crops boom every 3 months in the west :p

I was on 7 lists from personal relationships with distributors and on the lists of ozone, pooldawg, serberts and a few other websites for a 12.4 revo and i have still heard nothing of it, aside from the one i bought used the other day.

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone heard any recent updates on Revo stock? They've been out for several months now, and over the summer I heard rumors of being ready by September.

September has come and gone, and now we are more than halfway done with October, and I've not heard anything.

REVO is not the only CF shaft on the market anymore:D;)

tonythetiger583

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was put on the dealer's list in august. I was told it would be 4-8 weeks. It's been 9 weeks, and I was told that it will probably be a few more months.

At this point I'm thinking I can get the cuetec one sooner.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was put on the dealer's list in august. I was told it would be 4-8 weeks. It's been 9 weeks, and I was told that it will probably be a few more months.

At this point I'm thinking I can get the cuetec one sooner.

.....me too

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I never would have thought that a $500 shaft would be in such demand as to be out of stock for months. And that $1,000 cell phones would be "normal". Go economy!

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I never would have thought that a $500 shaft would be in such demand as to be out of stock for months. And that $1,000 cell phones would be "normal". Go economy!

Can you buy Phone and Cue Shaft Futures like other things? If only Nostradamus could have warned us. We could be millionaires.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cuetech is going to eat Predator's lunch on this if their Chinese manufacturer can spit out 100's of thousands of shafts. Predator is leaving tons of money on the table by not meeting demand. Don't be foolish and think they are intentionally slow rolling production to keep demand high.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can you buy Phone and Cue Shaft Futures like other things? If only Nostradamus could have warned us. We could be millionaires.

Well, if you bought Apple stock in the 80s, you'd be set. Or kept Bitcoin when a 1,000 would get you a pizza. Or not be this guy..

"Ronald Wayne (born May 17, 1934) is an American retired electronics industry worker. He co-founded Apple Computer (now Apple Inc.) with Steve Wozniak and Steve Jobs, providing administrative oversight for the new venture. However, he soon sold his share of the new company back to Jobs and Wozniak for 800 US dollars, and later accepted $1,500 to forfeit any claims against Apple (in total, equivalent to $9,498 in 2017). As of August 2, 2018, if Wayne had kept his 10% stake in Apple Inc., it would have been worth over $100 billion[1], making him the second[2] richest man on earth.[3]"

Of course if someone told me 10 or 5 years ago that CUETEC would be making a $400 SHAFT, I would have sold the company stock right there. While now this seems like a great move to do.

Last edited:

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cuetech is going to eat Predator's lunch on this if their Chinese manufacturer can spit out 100's of thousands of shafts. Predator is leaving tons of money on the table by not meeting demand. Don't be foolish and think they are intentionally slow rolling production to keep demand high.

Yep, the belief that companies intentionally sell less than they could is almost always wrong. No way Apple, for example, intentionally limits production of phones. They make as many as they can as fast as they can, because they make so much money on them. But every year people say that's what they're doing.

And if companies actually do this, they're stupid and deserve to lose sales.

Derek7646

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep, the belief that companies intentionally sell less than they could is almost always wrong. No way Apple, for example, intentionally limits production of phones. They make as many as they can as fast as they can, because they make so much money on them. But every year people say that's what they're doing.

And if companies actually do this, they're stupid and deserve to lose sales.

Russel, I hate to break it to you, but many companies/entities/people/countries do this. This little thing called "economics". If there is supply above demand (surplus), the price of something will drop. If there is minimal supply that is not meeting demand, (a scarcity) price will go up. Its like water during a disastrous hurricane. Sure, you would laugh at somebody for charging 100 dollars for a 24 pack of water but if you were dying of dehydration amidst a hurrcane (or really really really wanted a revo), you may be willing to pay that price, as a lot of people WANT/NEED that water, so the holder of aforementioned water can be a dickbag and rise the price of the water to level off the demand a bit and hopefully meet equillibrium.

Economics! :smile:

Stew_Pidaso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Russel, I hate to break it to you, but many companies/entities/people/countries do this. This little thing called "economics". If there is supply above demand (surplus), the price of something will drop. If there is minimal supply that is not meeting demand, (a scarcity) price will go up. Its like water during a disastrous hurricane. Sure, you would laugh at somebody for charging 100 dollars for a 24 pack of water but if you were dying of dehydration amidst a hurrcane (or really really really wanted a revo), you may be willing to pay that price, as a lot of people WANT/NEED that water, so the holder of aforementioned water can be a dickbag and rise the price of the water to level off the demand a bit and hopefully meet equillibrium.

If that were true, then why hasn't Predator increased their price to $600 or $700 like they were going for on the secondary market? The price has stayed the exact same as when they were introduced 2 1/2 years ago.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Exactly, worst thing for Predator is over-supply on Revo, they want to keep exclusivity. As for leaving money on the table, that's what their budget brand Poison is suppose to address. If you can't afford a Predator, they'll be happy to sell you the more affordable Poison.

When the demand for Revo starts to wane, I'm sure Predator will retire Revo and come out with Revo 2. Look at their past history of 314, 314-2, 314-3, P2, P3 and BK1, BK2, BK3

https://www.predatorcues.com/pool-cues/retired-cues/

Cuetec was the first to use carbon fiber. Predator savvy marketing have shown their are consumers now willing to pay $500, which I think is Cuetec's motivation to come out with a new carbon fiber shaft.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I wouldn't want you two running my business! ha ha:)

The goal of business is to make money, period. Not sell per piece for highest cost. There are thousands of players waving $500 all over the country and Predator can't take their money. The whole market will be going to carbon fiber. Predator may have been the first, but they will lose their edge if players can't give their money to Predator.

I see the demise of traditional cue makers, and companies that don't go to carbon. This is a case where mass production will trump the little guy.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
I've already decided to buy the CueTech shaft when it comes out as a back-up to my Revo. If I prefer it better than the Revo, then the Revo will be my back-up.

I was trying to buy a second Revo, but every place I looked was sold out. So I definitely agree that Predator is really blowing it on this one.

Poolfiend

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've already decided to buy the CueTech shaft when it comes out as a back-up to my Revo. If I prefer it better than the Revo, then the Revo will be my back-up.

I was trying to buy a second Revo, but every place I looked was sold out. So I definitely agree that Predator is really blowing it on this one.

This is my plan as well. Only thing I didn't like about the Revo was the lack of a white ferrule for aiming - so I painted a thin white ring right under the tip :eek:

The Cuetec is supposed to come with a white ring, not sure if it's an actual ferrule or if it just a painted ring, but I'm looking forward to trying. I haven't heard any updates for awhile - anyone know when it might be available?