2019 AZ Billiards Straight Pool Challenge!

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
28 this morning.
https://youtu.be/GaKZHlzOszE

First run of the year. I quit playing 14.1 for a couple of months because I was getting so frustrated trying to get past 50. Maybe the stars will align for me this year and I’ll finally hit my mark....not holding my breath though.

Nice Going !!!

You did nothing wrong in that 1st rack, you played the perfect pattern, nice work. just got a little bad on that 5th ball left when you had to roll into the breakshot. those soft shots you have to cut a little different because of the slow roll they throw a little different (the cling effect). Keep at it, you are onto it....Sometimes you just have to let everything go, release the pressure of the number and just let it happen !!

Shoot Straight My Friend !
Steve

Last edited:

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
28 this morning.
https://youtu.be/GaKZHlzOszE

First run of the year. I quit playing 14.1 for a couple of months because I was getting so frustrated trying to get past 50. Maybe the stars will align for me this year and I’ll finally hit my mark....not holding my breath though.

IF I COULD RECCOMEND ONE THING. It's to not play position from behind the cueball, especially when it comes down to the last few balls. this way you can be more correct with your position angles. Very important in the end rack !!

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Just made me a nice 20!

Highest run in yrs but to be fair im only just taking the game seriously for the first time in yrs also

Fun to see improvement

Second rack break was not ideal!

Attachments

• fass.jpg
    fass.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 312
Last edited:

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Yes, at Volcano's. Jim won the match. I think he's much more consistent than I am.

Thanks for getting back to me... You had a great run of 42 but sometimes the player with the high run comes out on the short end. The name of the game is Consistency...
One time a ran 48 or 52 during a match with Jim and I still came out on the short end. So I know how it goes... I can see that your game is improving by your post. That's good to see, Congrats. Keep up the good work.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Im getting 14s and 15s daily now
Wont be long till i get good into that second rack

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I found out what it takes to get a good run.

Paid my taxes -- first round.
New tip installed myself -- the old one fell apart a few days ago.
New cloth at the pool hall -- thanks Ernesto.
New balls -- fresh from DCC with some 200-ball runs on them.
New monthly membership -- $20 for a month and how can you beat that?
Only nice soothing rock on the jukebox -- thanks G&R and Mr. Jagger.
Amped up on a latte and a blueberry danish.

98 in practice with only a couple of shots that would have been questionable in a match. It's nice to still be able to still run my age if only barely.:thumbup:

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
I found out what it takes to get a good run.

Paid my taxes -- first round.
New tip installed myself -- the old one fell apart a few days ago.
New cloth at the pool hall -- thanks Ernesto.
New balls -- fresh from DCC with some 200-ball runs on them.
New monthly membership -- $20 for a month and how can you beat that?
Only nice soothing rock on the jukebox -- thanks G&R and Mr. Jagger.
Amped up on a latte and a blueberry danish.

98 in practice with only a couple of shots that would have been questionable in a match. It's nice to still be able to still run my age if only barely.:thumbup:

That's awesome Bob, nicely done !!!

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
During my second 14.1 practice this year i ran 99. After the break the cueball stayed in the cluster and after 10 mins of looking for any way to continue i rattled 5 balls combo..