3 Phases - by Steve Lipsky

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Here is a link to some material written by Steve Lipsky in the early days of this forum - it is some great information from a great player! It covers "The 3 phases of a straight pool rack" and "Percentages". Enjoy, and put it to work for you!

3 Phases

Last edited:

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
Here is a link to some material written by Steve Lipsky in the early days of this forum - it is some great information from a great player! It covers "The 3 phases of a straight pool rack" and "Percentages". Enjoy, and put it to work for you!

3 Phases

Thanks David for sharing!

Steve Lipsky

On quest for perfect 14.1
Silver Member
David, thanks for bringing that back. It looks like some of the diagrams are off from the original; is anyone else seeing that as well? Maybe the WEI has changed and what used to look ok is now a bit garbled?

- Steve

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
David, thanks for bringing that back. It looks like some of the diagrams are off from the original; is anyone else seeing that as well? Maybe the WEI has changed and what used to look ok is now a bit garbled?

- Steve

I noticed that too - I have the originals some where - I'll try re-entering the codes - or digging up the original thread. Either way, it's quite possibly the best 14.1 instructional I've ever read, so THANK YOU!

LApoolbum

I hope it's not bad form to bump this thread back up but this material from Steve Lipsky is the best. Lipsky's analyses are well thought out and clearly articulated, they're worth rereading.
In his video interview with Mort Luby jr. Joe Balsis remarked that "The best players have always been analytical players". Steve seems to fit the bill.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
I hope it's not bad form to bump this thread back up but this material from Steve Lipsky is the best. Lipsky's analyses are well thought out and clearly articulated, they're worth rereading.
In his video interview with Mort Luby jr. Joe Balsis remarked that "The best players have always been analytical players". Steve seems to fit the bill.

Tap, Tap, Tap !!!

Stevie is certainly a gem, we are certainly lucky to have him hanging out in these parts.....we used to play out of the same room back in the day out on Long Island, where he ran his first 100. unfortunatly i was absent from class that day, but i always knew he had it in him.

I really look forward to seeing stevie in a few days over at the 14.1 challenge at valley forge. The stage will be all set for him, and i really am gunning for him to make a good showing this year.

-Steve

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know this is 8 years old, but does anyone have this archived? I was searching and came across this and would like to read it as I was not around the forums at the time.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
I know this is 8 years old, but does anyone have this archived? I was searching and came across this and would like to read it as I was not around the forums at the time.

maybe reach out to David Sapolis on Facebook to see if he has the archives., which i'm sure he does. He's real good like that !!!

-Steve

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think this is the relevant thread. Unfortunately it uses a now defunct tool for the images.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=19478

Also unfortunately, archive.org did not save the pdf presumably because there was no visible link to it. Presumably the pdf will have the images intact.

(In retrospect, it was a mistake to adopt the Wei table -- it seemed like a good idea at the time. If volunteers go away, so does what they brought.)