Can anyone help me identify this table??

JeffMorrison

Hello!

First time posting :)

A friend bought a house recently where a pool table was left behind, and I've been in the market to buy one as I recently bought a house as well.

I'm wondering if anyone can help me ID the maker of this table. I couldn't find any markings and there was no metal/plastic plate anywhere on the body or bumpers. Pictures and description below (sorry for the poor pictures, I didn't have much time to look at it and I grabbed what i could):

I believe it's an 8 foot table but didn't measure
3 piece slate
leather drop pocket
maybe oak?

Appreciate any feedback, thanks!

Attachments

• table1.jpeg
    table1.jpeg
    191.5 KB · Views: 512
  • table2.jpeg
    table2.jpeg
    152.9 KB · Views: 525
  • bumpers.jpeg
    bumpers.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 515
  • pockets.jpeg
    pockets.jpeg
    138.3 KB · Views: 523

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello!

First time posting :)

A friend bought a house recently where a pool table was left behind, and I've been in the market to buy one as I recently bought a house as well.

I'm wondering if anyone can help me ID the maker of this table. I couldn't find any markings and there was no metal/plastic plate anywhere on the body or bumpers. Pictures and description below (sorry for the poor pictures, I didn't have much time to look at it and I grabbed what i could):

I believe it's an 8 foot table but didn't measure
3 piece slate
leather drop pocket
maybe oak?

Appreciate any feedback, thanks!
Most of the time on these tables with no markings its a safe bet that its an import of some kind. Those are some funky looking feet btw. ;)

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Peter Vitalie made some tables with funky leg designs but their name would be on the table somewhere.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd pay like $500 for that thing if the rails were not too bad. Design is a bit off though, usually when you have those claw type feet there is some more carving done on the legs and body of the table to match the design.

Miller

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i had a 9' snooker table that we re-built (or, actually qball rebuilt....), anyway, pockets and pocket irons were identical. bolt holes look similar also.

try orner billiards in indy……

:)

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i had a 9' snooker table that we re-built (or, actually qball rebuilt....), anyway, pockets and pocket irons were identical. bolt holes look similar also.

try orner billiards in indy……

:)

My Olhausen has very similar hardware and rails, that thing just looks like a generic pool table that any maker could have done.

There may be something on the bottom of the slate or on the bracing or back of the skirts or something. On mine they had the model number and some other stuff noted.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Welcome to the forum JeffMorrison! the table is interesting and not just the lions feet. The angled skirts are different also. I bet it will play fine once your done putting it back together.
I dont believe its an Olhausen as they would usually have a nameplate.
By any chance did it come with a Balabushka cue? If so you must post pics of that also.:cool:

forabeer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone else think its odd that the rails bolt into the edge of slate like an antique table???

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Does anyone else think its odd that the rails bolt into the edge of slate like an antique table???

That design is not obsolete.....the “T-rail” is what you get for the high grade tables
you see in world snooker....and the Chinese 8-ball tournaments.

I still prefer the North American style bolting...but the other has merit.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Those are the bizarrest looking set of feet....

It’s a trifle dainty compared to a commercial table....but it looks better than a lot I’ve seen.
...if it was mine, I’d fill those legs with sandbags before the slate got installed.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those are the bizarrest looking set of feet....
Kinda creepy,huh??? I was in a antique/gift shop once that had a bunch of "authentic"(whatever) African art/doodads. Most of it looked like pure fakes and was just creepy looking like the toenails on this table's feet.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
garzar
i really like that peter vitale table
the indian inspired one

do you know where one fs is?
i am not kidding,i like it
not for 22k but i like it