Happy 93rd birthday New York Larry Gendler

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
To my dear friend and Saturday sparring partner New York Larry: happy 93rd birthday to you and many happy returns. :cool: :thumbup: :woot::happy-birthday::happy-birthday::happy-birthday:

Can't wait til things get back closer to normal so that we can hit some balls again.

Hope you're having a great day.

best,
brian kc

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
We should all aspire to have as full a life in pool as Squirrel did. Gone but not forgotten.

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
Happy B-Day Larry Wishing you many more to come sir.
Be well & be safe
Jeff

stevelomako

Love you all!
Silver Member
To my dear friend and Saturday sparring partner New York Larry: happy 93rd birthday to you and many happy returns. :cool: :thumbup: :woot::happy-birthday::happy-birthday::happy-birthday:

Can't wait til things get back closer to normal so that we can hit some balls again.

Hope you're having a great day.

best,
brian kc

Is this the Larry that staked Jose Parica all the time?

If so he’s a heck of a guy. Enjoyed seeing him at DCC years ago.

Happy birthday Larry!

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Is this the Larry that staked Jose Parica all the time?

If so he’s a heck of a guy. Enjoyed seeing him at DCC years ago.

Happy birthday Larry!

Hi Steve;

As AtLarge said, that is Larry Ross who was with Parica, and yes, he's a heck of a guy too.

best,
brian kc

stevelomako

Love you all!
Silver Member
Isn't he the one who hit a big lottery ticket about 20 years ago? He used some of his money to build Hall of Fame Billiards I believe.

That would be he.

It’s funny but it’s not. Everyone that he helped ended up screwing him over one way or another and the good things he tried to do for his ‘friends’ turned to shit for the most part.

I don’t know if money really bought him happiness. He ain’t giving it back but it changed him and a lot of his relationships.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
That would be he.

It’s funny but it’s not. Everyone that he helped ended up screwing him over one way or another and the good things he tried to do for his ‘friends’ turned to shit for the most part.

I don’t know if money really bought him happiness. He ain’t giving it back but it changed him and a lot of his relationships.

The pursuit of money can bring out the worst in people. We've all heard the expression, "Money is the root of all evil."
I often modify that to say, "Lack of money is the root of all evil."

Last edited: