Average Life Expectancy

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, it is a big deal.

It is the natural outcome of the starch industry's output.

{Potatoes, rice, sugar, corn, bread} are the enemy. If you get rid of these things from your diet, you are unlikely to get diabetes Type II.

they eat a lot of rice in Asia .
how much type II diabetes do they have?

JC

Coos Cues
Niiiiiiiiice. There's been a lot of NPR crap in the main lately. I msg'd MH and he's been zapping most of it.

I know right it drives me crazy.:rolleyes:

Glad the Hall Monitor Protocol is in force!

Could get out of control!

:yeah::yeah::yeah:

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not a dietitian, but I'm not sure if rice should be on that list. There is 3 billion plus examples specifically for rice being just fine. In fact, I'd toss a dollar at that it's a fact that it's the most consumed food in the world, especially in countries not plagued with diabetes. Even soy soaked brown rice shouldn't be on that list (although it surely goes on the high BP list).

You are unlikely to get Type-II diabetes if you eat under 2,000 calories per day, too. Most people in Asia also fit this category.

You are also unlikely to get fat eating less than 2,000 calories per day.

My message was directed at American/European diets where people tend to eat more than 3,000 calories per day. Somewhere in the 2,000 to 3,000 range there is a change in your likelihood to get Type-II going from close to 0% at 2,000, and something like 50% at 3,000 with the typical fast food diet we consume.

This is something my nutritionist taught me when diagnosed with Type-II. She taught me a lot about food,.... I distilled it down to {five white things} to make it easy. Leave those 5 things out of your diet and your likelihood of getting Type-II goes to almost zero.

Alternately, staying under 2,000 calories a day works, too.

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The average life expectancy in the US is 79.8 years. People have to shut it down for 3-5 months and they're losing their minds. Brian.

Its not being shut up in the house, its the entire American economy
being destroyed in 3 months.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alternately, staying under 2,000 calories a day works, too.

It's all a guess on how to live the longest, but not being obese and exercise are the 2 common denominators in living to 100. Ironically, light smoking and alcohol consumption are the next 2 :-/ The oldest woman in the world smoked 2-3 cigarettes a day and drank wine with meals. However, she also rode a bicycle until she was 100 and did light daily calisthenics (so somewhere in all that is a secret).

Ultimately, and I'm guessing here, but I could easily see something like the top 10,000 people to live the longest on record all living different lifestyles, but all meeting in the middle by exercising, lightly smoking, lightly drinking and not being obese.

But that exercise, that's huge. Without exercise, regardless of calorie count, the muscular and skeletal systems break down. Years, years ago (early 90's) I saw a picture of someones brain who had been addicted to cocaine for 20 years, and along side it, a picture of a truck drivers muscular and skeletal system after 20 years... the jury will always be out on that one (they actually opened them up postmortem).

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
The average life expectancy in the US is 79.8 years. People have to shut it down for 3-5 months and they're losing their minds. Brian.

I'd recommend opening the dictionary and looking up "empathy." If shutting it down is easy for you, I envy you, but you might want to think about why shutting it down, which has social, financial, medical and psychological consequences is difficult for some.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Bread is worse .
Diabetes in the US is common because of corn syrup is in almost everything .

Try to find bread with a Dietary Fiber content of 5g. or more. That's healthy bread. I prefer Dark Russian Rye bread. It's like eating bran!

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
Try to find bread with a Dietary Fiber content of 5g. or more. That's healthy bread. I prefer Dark Russian Rye bread. It's like eating bran!

Good choice...the bad choices are the refined and processed foods in general. Those processes remove the nutrients and fiber from the foods and replace them with sugars (corn syrup), chemicals, dyes, and preservatives.

Ever look at the way the leading orange "natural", "not from concentrate", "grovestand", orange juice is made? Cooked, stored, added sugar, flavor packs, and color packs, must keep it all consistent.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Think it's going to go down, but just by a notch.

In the words of Ebeneezer Scrooge, "Decrease the surplus population!"

Not that I'm for that, but I have a feeling Ebeneezer was ahead of his time.

All the best,
WW