Cleaning Aramith Balls

sgengaro86

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently purchased a set of Aramith Tournament balls. I have had an old set of Super Aramiths for 20 years and cleaned with a ball buffer (attaches to drill and cleans three at a time). The balls have burn spots and I want to avoid that in new balls. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I recently purchased a set of Aramith Tournament balls. I have had an old set of Super Aramiths for 20 years and cleaned with a ball buffer (attaches to drill and cleans three at a time). The balls have burn spots and I want to avoid that in new balls. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Just use aramith cleaner with micro fiber towels.. Works well for me on
all my balls

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks!

Your drill and pad creates too much heat; too high a speed and too much friction.

Why not make a 5 gallon bucket polisher using a 10" random orbital automotive buffer? Here's mine:

39789237263_143499aece_c.jpg

Also, use a product to clean them specifically designed to clean/polish pool balls. I use this product from Tiger Products in an atomizing spray bottle. One spray while the balls are spinning in the polisher does the trick.

49258570873_5cf59b5427_c.jpg

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the newer model Ballstar and it works fantastic. Just be sure to not use too much cleaner / polish on them!!

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Damp paper towel, and more importantly, clean table bed, pockets, and rails. That's all you need. No need to get polish and other chemicals on the balls.

All the best,
WW

9ball5032

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If they are brand new just use lukewarm water, dish soap, and your hand to scrub them. put on towel to dry. if any water spots remain, dry with the softest cloth you can find.

j13smiley

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
People getting bored at home and finally cleaning their balls (couple of threads about this today) ;) Home made polisher here...
0c090eec2f7c6a075890cad375dca82f.jpg

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Couple weeks ago, in a similar post, somebody posted a recipe with vinegar, water, soap and I think dishwasher. Made it and using it to clean the balls. But can't find that recipe anymore.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why would you use anything other than a product designed for phenolic pool balls?

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
^^^^^ maybe I'm a dummy but @ $300.00 a set I am going to follow instructions and not try to pinch pennies.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If they are brand new just use lukewarm water, dish soap, and your hand to scrub them. put on towel to dry. if any water spots remain, dry with the softest cloth you can find.

Have you done this?

In my experience, dish soap made the balls crazy clingy, as though it removed an outer layer of slickness fro the balls.

Aramith polisher or nothing, for my balls.

Geosnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Couple weeks ago, in a similar post, somebody posted a recipe with vinegar, water, soap and I think dishwasher. Made it and using it to clean the balls. But can't find that recipe anymore.

It wasn’t me but that’s what Ive used for decades. Maybe once a month or so. The key is barely any soap. My wife washes them and they come out sparkling clean.

I’ve never used any type of polish, etc. Fastidious about keeping Snooker felt free of any chemicals, dust, etc. Still like new after years of playing every day.

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It wasn’t me but that’s what Ive used for decades. Maybe once a month or so. The key is barely any soap. My wife washes them and they come out sparkling clean.

I’ve never used any type of polish, etc. Fastidious about keeping Snooker felt free of any chemicals, dust, etc. Still like new after years of playing every day.

Geosnooker
You are fortunate to have such an understanding wife