Recommendations for joint protectors?

JohnDoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey everyone. I just received a new cue and am looking for a set of joint protectors. Who can you guys recommend for this type of job? I understand that not many people are interested in doing this work and that protectors aren’t really necessary, but I still can’t help myself and would like some recommendations.

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey everyone. I just received a new cue and am looking for a set of joint protectors. Who can you guys recommend for this type of job? I understand that not many people are interested in doing this work and that protectors aren’t really necessary, but I still can’t help myself and would like some recommendations.
From a wide variety of manufacturers, here are hundreds to choose from, for any non-metric type of thread

https://tinyurl.com/y4xwjq9r

Arnaldo

Last edited:

JohnDoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What about custom JPs? I know of Jim Baxter as he has made many for people here. I’m just shopping around to see who else can make a set.

CueCaps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cue Caps

Hello John Doe.. :wink:

In one of the photos you are showing...
I made that left side Gallery Presentation.
Here is that Gallery Presentation of a Cue Cap I made for a collector's Joel Hercek Cue..
That "Photo Bucket" photo you are using, is reduced so much, there's no resolution. :(

Guys, these CNC Engravings on custom Cue Caps ( JPs) are done from "scratch".
They are not "Drag and Drop ", " Copy and Paste", or "Down Loaded" from a Graphic artist's selection of shapes" ..All done with Mouse CAD software.

The other way to get custom Graphic is to commission a Scrimsander ( Scrimshaw artist) or some artist that will "Paint" or make a decal for you, on the tops.
As for matching the Joint Rings, you need a good machinist that knows the sizes, or is a good guesser,
to match that Joint Ring on your cues, which is the hardest thing to do, if you cue has a custom Decorative Joint Ring.

So, just finding "any JP maker" might make you lose money. And some of you guys doing recommendations, that might be steering these unsuspecting
guys to disappointments.

If I was buying JPs, I would ask Tony Layne..
He does clean.neat Custom Work.. :wink:

Just added: I would also ask Bob "DZ" Dzuricky .. Bob is a terrific Machinist/Cuemaker.

Alton Takata :smile:

Attachments

• Joel Hercek Red.jpg
    Joel Hercek Red.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:

JohnDoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you, Alton. That’s exactly the type of help I’m looking for. If you were not retired I would have no hesitation in asking you.