π—₯π—’π—•π—œπ—‘π—¦π—’π—‘ π—–π—’π— π—£π—Ÿπ—˜π—§π—˜π—¦ π—§π—˜π—”π—  𝗨𝗦𝗔

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
USA to win is around +160.

Europe to win is around -200.

Makes sense.

Europe left its best performer on the 2017 team, Josh Filler, off the 2018 squad. They left Albin Ouschan, the best performer on the 2018 team, off the 2019 squad as well as leaving Fedor Gorst, reigning European 9-ball Champion, off the team. Both Filler and Gorst won the World 9-ball championship just weeks after failing to be named to Team Europe.

Somewhat surprisingly, Europe isn't leaving its best at home this year, and are rightfully favored.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Definitely much, much weaker than the 2013 Team Europe.

Ralf Souquet
World 9 ball Champion, US Open Champion, best player in European history, BCA Hall of Famer

Niels Feijen
World 9-ball Champion, World 14.1 Champion, future BCA Hall of famer

Darren Appleton
World 9-ball Champion and US Open Champion, BCA Hall of Famer

Mika Immonen
World Champion and US Open Champion, BCA Hall of Famer

Karl Boyes
Came in off a bronze medal at the World 9-ball in 2013, among the best clutch performers ever for Team Europe at the Mosconi

This European "dream team" won the Mosconi by a score of 11-2.

Just some Random Stats

Player Fargo Player[/U] Fargo
SVB 827 Shaw 822
'Berg 794 Albin 802
Sky 796 Filler 824
Billy 773 Gorst 814
CRob 742 Kaci 812

Team USA AVG. FR 786.4 Team Europe AVG. FR 814.8

I do not know what this suggests, I just thought it was interesting...and sorry about the formatting...
Stu....I rarely disagree with you....
..but I think this year. Europe has THE dream team.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Stu....I rarely disagree with you....
..but I think this year. Europe has THE dream team.

That's cool. Your very informed opinion always matters to me, and maybe you're right.

Perhaps this European team will score the blowout win that the 2013 Team Europe did. Certainly, Team USA of 2020 is not as strong as the 2013 Team of Archer, Hatch, Strickland, Rodney Morris and Shane, so if the 2020 Team Europe performs at the level of the 2013 team, this should be a massacre of epic proportion.

Let the games begin!

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For me to bet, I want match/games on the wire, not odds on the money.
I’d say at 3 on the wire is what the US will need to make it a fair bet. Even at that, Iβ€˜d say you will still get plenty of takers looking to bet on team Europe.

Last edited:

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
[Shaw] said there’s some issue between the rest of the team and Styer.

Chris implied on FB that Tyler wasn’t a good guy to play with.

I have heard similar things about how other members of the team feel about him.

I know this could be a little touchy, but is there anybody with some more info about this that is willing to share for those of us not in the know on this one? What more specifically were the issues that people on the team had with Tyler?

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I think he would lose a race to 100 by at least 10 racks. I'm not a betting man though, so what can I really say?

In a thread in which Mosconi Cup worthiness is the subject of the debate, what you can say is that they should play nine ball, the game that determines Mosconi Cup worthiness. In a long 9-ball race, I don't think Tyler can beat Bergman.

Mirza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know this could be a little touchy, but is there anybody with some more info about this that is willing to share for those of us not in the know on this one? What more specifically were the issues that people on the team had with Tyler?

I'm interested in this too, Tyler seems like a good guy to me...

brilliance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi

Cant believe Kaci plays for Europe and Max Lechner does not...? He could at least invite Casper Matikainen...

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Cant believe Kaci plays for Europe and Max Lechner does not...? He could at least invite Casper Matikainen...

In 2020, Kaci won the Stella Artois Open and came second to Jayson Shaw in the Dynamic Treviso Open, so he's in good form this year.

In Kaci's last three singles matches at the Mosconi, Kaci has won 5-2, 5-1 and 5-1. Team Europe is much stronger team with him on it.

To me, the Kaci pick was a no brainer.

Last edited: