Corey Deuel with Meucci cues now

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey now, those werent bad cars. I decimated a whitetail deer doing 50-55 in a 1983 Dodge Aries, and didnt have a scuff anywhere on the car. :grin:

ok :grin:...lets use harley davidson

years ago you needed to carry an oil pan with you to catch all the oil leaking out.

lets not forget about the amf fiasco either.

just this past year harley recalled 46,000 bikes with clutch issues and 66,000 with brake issues. as many years as they have been making bikes it seems like they would never have quality control issues ...huh ?

edep12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Absolutely man. Tiger woods played with Nike when it was generally felt that they were the worst clubs in golf because they paid him insane money. But they can go negotiate. As much as I love watching the kid play sky like any pro doesn't have the negotiating power of tiger woods and Phil nickelson l.

Another little known tidbit to add to that story (and show you the hypocrisy of the endorsement game)...

When Tiger first signed with Nike he was required to use Nike balls instead of the Titleists he had used his entire life. Only they weren't really Nike balls, they were Bridgestone's with a Swoosh painted on them because Nike wasn't even in the ball making business at the time so they just subcontracted the work out to the Bridgestone factory. So, in essence, Nike was paying Tiger to not only not use Titleists, but to use another companies balls altogether.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i doubt if he would settle for less than he was getting......would you ?

I would perhaps settle for an equal sum if I really thought the cues were better and therefore gave me a better chance of winning. I just wonder where Meucci would get the $ to sponsor these guys if his cues have truly been as bad as everybody has been saying (I have no personal experience- never shot with one)

edep12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would perhaps settle for an equal sum if I really thought the cues were better and therefore gave me a better chance of winning. I just wonder where Meucci would get the $ to sponsor these guys if his cues have truly been as bad as everybody has been saying (I have no personal experience- never shot with one)
Just playing Devil's advocate as I don't have a dog in this fight, but if you believe the Meucci haters out there he should have quite a bit of cash in his, "failure to fix/pay for valid warranty claims" account.

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
I don't believe my opinion is harsh given Meucci's history. The issues went well beyond quality control. If you extrapolate the extent of Meucci's poor service into the Chrysler analogy, Chrysler probably would have been sued out of existence.

Buy a Meucci if you like, but I give my dollars to people and companies who take care of their customers.

01rkclassic

Cell - 937-554-5637
Silver Member
I said "high cost, low quality cues," not shafts.

Their overall cue is high cost and low quality. For the cost of some of their cues, I would expect they use quality materials, rather than acrylic inlays.

Next time, try to read the entire post, before you get upset.

A cue dealer once introduced me to Bob Meucci at a tourney,I asked if the PFD cue I just purchased had a Ivory butt cap,the dealer said that Bob would know,Bob took a look at the cue and said he didn't think it was but even so it should be made out of plastic like his cues because ivory was a shit material that would crack unlike the plastic in his cues.It was at that moment that I knew Bob Meucci was an F'en moron and his cues were crap,the butt cap on the PFD was ivory and I played with it for years then sold it for more than any Meucci ever!

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you tried their new low deflection shafts ?

I have not got a chance to try one out yet

But i heard they play very good from more than one person.

I tried the "Pro" (12.625mm). AMAZING. I normally use an OB Pro+, which I love. The Meucci is phenomenal. Great hit, extremely low deflection, and the feeling of effortlessness when trying to spin the cue ball.

I am very close to buying one!

KMRUNOUT

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A cue dealer once introduced me to Bob Meucci at a tourney,I asked if the PFD cue I just purchased had a Ivory butt cap,the dealer said that Bob would know,Bob took a look at the cue and said he didn't think it was but even so it should be made out of plastic like his cues because ivory was a shit material that would crack unlike the plastic in his cues.It was at that moment that I knew Bob Meucci was an F'en moron and his cues were crap,the butt cap on the PFD was ivory and I played with it for years then sold it for more than any Meucci ever!

Bob is a salesman, not a cue maker. He did pretty well, to get his cues into the hands of nearly everyone in the 80's & 90's

A friend of mine plays strictly with his Meucci cues. His cues are 25 years old and he loves them. I asked him what's so special about them and he told me it was because they are his and he's used to playing with them. That's a fair enough answer for me. He's never tried to push that his cues are superior. He just does his thing, and I'm fine with that. However, what is annoying, is the guys saying how nice their Meucci is, when a quick inspection can point out thousands of flaws. Most Meucci owners have never seen anything "nicer" than a Meucci, so they think they have a Balabushka.

Back to the OP;

IMO, Corey will play with anything, if you pay him to. He played with Jacoby, OB Cues, "Woodpecker" Cues, and now Meucci. He used to gloat about how well his Jacoby Heavy Hitter smashed the rack and he always advertised his line of Woodpecker cues. He did well with OB, also. That's what a sponsored player should do.

nineballsafety8

6ft 5" 285, hits 'em hard
Silver Member
I agree, I think that is just how the sponsorship thing goes.

I also think that pool players as a whole are a dammmmm finicky bunch of whiners. No offense (as I am included in that group also) but it is extremely true.

I have a few examples for you.

Shane- Cuetec
Earl - Cuetec
Allison Fisher- Cuetec
Johnny Archer- Scorpion
Shawn Wilkie- Lucasi
Jennifer Barreta- Lucasi
Thorsten- Lucasi

Do you honestly believe that the above players think that the cues they have are the nuts, or do they know that they all play decent, and given the time to become familiar... they could play with just about anything.

Way too much focus is placed on "what cue plays best"... in almost all cases, any cue plays "good enough"

Stop worrying about what you play with, and enjoy the game. Practice makes you better, not your cue. PERIOD!!!

For a more in depth rant on this topic, here is a link to a thread I started a couple of years ago:
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=333876

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Meucci cues

Bob is not man of his word , ten bucks say Bobs tries to screw Corey out of cash.....

Seems to be a whole following of people Bob has not paid .
X employees , wood suppliers . his loyal customers who cues fell apart.

Last edited:

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
+1

He wants to say they are quality, but I highly doubt he's seen a Meucci that was made in the last 10 years. I've handled more than three dozen Meucci's and only a handful were original Meucci's or made more than 15 years ago. The newer Meucci's, made 1-10 years ago, were absolute garbage. Cracked finish, popping inlays, warping, uneven stains, mismatched collars... you name it.

Hey maybe the quality is back up and if so he's doing the right thing commercially. For almost 25 years the opinion of his cue among players and retailers has been terrible. He needs to invest if he wants to change that opinion.. Fortunately for him there are enough people who will say well if Corey has one they must've the nuts! And run out and buy one.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey maybe the quality is back up and if so he's doing the right thing commercially. For almost 25 years the opinion of his cue among players and retailers has been terrible. He needs to invest if he wants to change that opinion.. Fortunately for him there are enough people who will say well if Corey has one they must've the nuts! And run out and buy one.

Well that's just it, he's sponsoring players to try and sell more cues. That's how marketing works. You get someone well known to endorse your product and people will value their opinion, even if their opinion was swayed with greenbacks.

At the end of the day, Meucci cues are still junk (for their price). I would buy a Meucci for $50.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well that's just it, he's sponsoring players to try and sell more cues. That's how marketing works. You get someone well known to endorse your product and people will value their opinion, even if their opinion was swayed with greenbacks.

At the end of the day, Meucci cues are still junk (for their price). I would buy a Meucci for $50.

Exactly. That's why I'm saying it was a good decision. Maybe there still junk ...maybe not but to convince people other wise you got to hire pros to use them because it's been a looonnnnggg time since a major pro used one willingly.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For what it's worth...I played with Jason Shaw's cue for a while at the last dcc and I thought his cue played real good. John B.
It's worth a lot i think a honest review on how they play from a pro who is not paid to say it lol

Thanks for your opinion on the the cues :smile:

Drop The Rock

1652nd on AZ Money List
Silver Member
IMO shafts can come from production companies and play like the nuts, especially ld shafts. However, the butt of a custom cue just feels better.

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
The only problems I've come across with meucci's is their black dot shaft delaminating. It was replaced under warranty. It took 6 months mind you but it was replaced. I've seen and bought Customs for 2 or 3 times the cost of a HOF model meucci that didn't play as good or have anywhere close to the amount of detail in a meucci butt. I think the customer service is what leave a sour taste in your mouth

devorator

Ipoolmyheart@thetable
Silver Member
Just one question for nits: Would you screw up with your game/rank/reputation for a fcking free cue and some lunch money...really??!
Meucci cues are back in business! Congratz Bob for reviving it. I wish them good luck and I'll bet my wallet that this cues play great.
Ask the pros. :wink:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just one question for nits: Would you screw up with your game/rank/reputation for a fcking free cue and some lunch money...really??!
Meucci cues are back in business! Congratz Bob for reviving it. I wish them good luck and I'll bet my wallet that this cues play great.
Ask the pros. :wink:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

images

DJ14.1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it's good to see a classic cuemaker's reputation revived a bit with some of the pro sponsorship. Given all the crap Meucci's taken from the masses over the years (self-inflicted or not), nice to see things turning around.