US Open 10 Ball - Seeded Brackets

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a plethora of "open" events that the everyday player can enter and rub elbows with the big boys. We should not be selling out the prestige of a US Open. There must be a better way.

When I think US Open, I think 9 ball in Virginia. These have a title but they are still infants without the prestige of the 9 ball event. Heck most of the players were at the Townsend Memorial instead of US Open One Pocket. There very well would have been a different champion as most or the best were at the Townsend.

It seems at this point they should try to get as many entries as possible to obtain a strong following. Why does it matter if fees are staggered and lower level players play? One of five players will win it anyway.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I am totally against the idea of letting anyone who can afford the entry fee enter a US Open event. There must be a minimum rating set. Like golf, you must have a low enough handicap to even be able to try and qualify for the US Open. Of course, golf handicaps are universally recognized. Yet another reason we must make Fargo a universal rating system for all amateurs and pros.

Pool isn’t anywhere close to that level - organization or participation wise. To compare it to pro golf is ridiculous and short sighted. Limited field events are simply dumb. Fill the house and figure out how to run an event with a lot of players.

"Open" means open to me. No artificial barriers. If we ever get to a situation in which we have full fields and lots of competition for spots, then I could understand some debate on the issue, but until then why have empty spots when dead money wants to enter? Indeed some places will hold qualifiers where an amateur can win their entry to a big event like this and live the dream of competing with the big boys on the big stage. Seems crazy to me to discourage that.

There is a plethora of "open" events that the everyday player can enter and rub elbows with the big boys. We should not be selling out the prestige of a US Open. There must be a better way.

US Open nine ball....when the game was healthier....it was OPEN
...it was what I liked about it...all you needed was an entry fee.

And this didn’t lessen the prestige...for a time, the US Open was the toughest tournament
in the world to win.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
US Open nine ball....when the game was healthier....it was OPEN
...it was what I liked about it...all you needed was an entry fee.

And this didn’t lessen the prestige...for a time, the US Open was the toughest tournament
in the world to win.

And the entry fee was pretty low for a good while too...

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
I like Team Roy's Basement to get a big share of that 300k...

Unless they release the Kraken, kaci the Albanian Assassin...

Still like Orcollo!

Just think he found his eye of the tiger lately... His family has made him more intense and increased his concentration levels...

He can think back to living in an abandoned car and force himself to not make mistakes!!!

I don't think anyone is as hungry and motivated...

Kd

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kaci was already blasted by Al Shaheen. At least they both got first round byes :rotflmao1:

They're stretching this event out over 4 days :scratchhead:

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With such few entrants perhaps they should have lengthened the races for each match to 11 or 13.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seeding and higher entries is going to lower involvement by aspiring players and advanced amateurs. What becomes of pool when there is no dead money? The best players always make it to the end in most double elimination formats. This is yet another short sighted idea in the pool world. Shocking.

Well I didn't want to say it first but you are absolutely correct and if they reseed after each round that participation count will drop even farther ,