Table ID and recommendation?

JC

Coos Cues
My friend up in Mpls Minn has this table and he thinks it needs new rubber and cloth.

Any idea what kind of table it is and/or whether it would merit the expense?

He said that he can't find ID on it but thinks it's an Olhausen.

Thanks,

Table.JPG

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
My friend up in Mpls Minn has this table and he thinks it needs new rubber and cloth.

Any idea what kind of table it is and/or whether it would merit the expense?

He said that he can't find ID on it but thinks it's an Olhausen.

Thanks,

View attachment 527843

Olhausen and Brunswick tables are prominently labeled with a badge on one of the end rails. The fascia boards look like a Brunswick, in my opinion.. But again, it would be clearly labeled.

I'm thinking that there should be some sort of label on the underside of the table, if nothing on top. The absence of any sort of labeling may suggest that it is an import table. Hard to say..

If he likes the table, it may be worth the expense. It's all relative to the individual.

Before spending money on cushion replacement, he should first determine whether it is actually necessary. If there are hard spots in the rubber, it is definitely in need of new cushions. But, if the table is simply not as lively as he thinks that it should be, it could just be a result of loose hardware. He should check the pockets, to see if they move. If they do, he'll likely have to remove the rail bolts, in order to tighten the pocket fasteners. Once he ensures that the pocket fasteners are tight, he can then ensure that the rail bolts are tight (which will require alignment of the rails, if he had to remove the bolts).

Reactions: JC