Josswest

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a JossWest cue, I want to sell it but I know nothing about the value.... Please help

Kreskin-hands.jpg

$1598.62

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It depends on the cue-making period, such as '72-'80, which is generally the most sought after and consequently has a higher starting intrinsic value than Bill's other period cues.

Then the condition.......next is the design.......how intricate.........then the price......could be anywhere from $1k to $9k.....you can't go by ebay because the Joss West cues never
sell at those absurd prices........some of those cues go back way over a year........the sellers just keep re-listing them.

More information is needed to give you a better idea and if you posted some photos, there are some helpful people on the Forum and not everyone is a frustrated comedian or
bottom feeder which seems to abound around these parts from time to time.

Post a photo in the Cue gallery.....even Bill Stroud visits that section from time to time.......he's approachable and as you know, one of the top all-time cue-makers.

Matt B.

glbreit

Registered
thank you for being nice, as soon as I figure out how to post pictures I will. I have it on eBay right now but I really want to stop the auction.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
I have a JossWest cue, I want to sell it but I know nothing about the value.... Please help
So without a picture, description, or any other information whatsoever about the cue, how on earth can you possibly expect anybody to be able to help you with the value of the cue? What is the point of your thread?

thank you for being nice, as soon as I figure out how to post pictures I will. I have it on eBay right now but I really want to stop the auction.
I sure hope you don't have any bids on it yet because it is a real POS move to pull an item once you do have bids.

glbreit

Registered
I do have bids on it. I contacted EBay and they said I can end the auction at any time if I get an offer. no knew nothing about pool and I'm finding out that most pool people are really mean and hateful like the above comment.

tommyhill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you will find most people on this site are pretty good people. you must understand that pool cues have a wide range of worth depending on who made them,the materials used and the era when made. joss west cues are highly collectable but that being said without seeing the cue no one could possibly give you an accurate value estimate. Matt B is one of my best friends by the way and he knows his cues.

scottshot230

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it's on eBay it will probably bring close to market value. I said probably because I had one go way too cheap few years back. Early 70s 4 point 4 veneer 2 shafts $750. I was rather disappointed but its only worth what people will spend

LAlouie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Weren't JossWest cues not holding their value a while back? Like some years ago? People were trying to get rid rid of them. At least I recall you could find them easily at these cue broker sites.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
I do have bids on it. I contacted EBay and they said I can end the auction at any time if I get an offer. no knew nothing about pool and I'm finding out that most pool people are really mean and hateful like the above comment.

Unless your listing specifically says that the cue is still for sale outside of Ebay and that you might end the auction early, then it is a POS move to end your auction after you have received a bid, period, regardless of whether or not Ebay will impose any negative sanctions on you for doing so.

You ignored the questions the first time so I am going to ask you again. How would you expect to receive any worthwhile information about the value of your cue without any pictures or even a description the most basic description of the cue for goodness' sake? It is like going on an auto forum and saying "how much is my Ford worth" but not providing a picture, not saying what Ford it is, and not even making any attempt to describe anything about it. So what was the point of starting this thread, because it damn sure wasn't to get any real help with a value if you weren't even making any attempt whatsoever to even at least describe the thing--looks, condition, nothing. What was the point? Were you just trying to publicize your auction and get more eyes on it?

01rkclassic

Cell - 937-554-5637
Silver Member
If it's on eBay it will probably bring close to market value. I said probably because I had one go way too cheap few years back. Early 70s 4 point 4 veneer 2 shafts $750. I was rather disappointed but its only worth what people will spend

Lalouie is correct,as recently as last year Joss West were not bring any money,you could find them all day at $800-900 for a good 4 point four veneer cue,the market has started to come back on them though,I just sold one on Monday for $1550
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181775415504?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

Funny things is I tried to sell it here and on the Facebook groups for a lot less,GA9ball and SwissChris even told me not to sell it at my asking price because it was to cheap,but I wanted to move it,all I got was nits and idiots.

Last edited:

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member

This must be your item... You spell "JossWest" just like "them"..lol

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=231605609155&globalID=EBAY-US

35 bids?... Classic case of 'WOW look how many bids I'm getting... Hmmmm maybe I should go get this thing checked out! Hell, I don't wanna give it away'

If this is your auction and you stop it early I agree that would be a pos move.... Shoulda done your research you listed it...

Then again this could be just another bidder yanking our chain who wants to know if he should bid more for this cue.. Either way would pos IMO...

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you cannot post pictures, please provide the link for your ebay auction, that would let everyone see the cue and could probably get you better answers to your value question.

01rkclassic

Cell - 937-554-5637
Silver Member

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=231605609155&globalID=EBAY-US

35 bids?... Classic case of 'WOW look how many bids I'm getting... Hmmmm maybe I should go get this thing checked out! Hell, I don't wanna give it away'

If this is your auction and you stop it early I agree that would be a pos move.... Shoulda done your research you listed it...

Then again this could be just another bidder yanking our chain who wants to know if he should bid more for this cue.. Either way would pos IMO...

Weird,pull it up through your link it says item unavailable but search Josswest and it comes up,that cue should bring good money though,seems to be a nice one.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member

That is the same listing I was guessing the OP is referring to (it is the only one spelled that way that has bids). Aside from the same spelling of "JossWest" though, I am thrown off by the fact that the way they "speak" seems different, as is their ability for spelling and punctuation. Also the OP seems to be insinuating not having much cue or Joss West knowledge, yet the Ebay person knows the cue is "rare." The Ebay person has also sold a couple of cues and cases in the past, and based on those makers (Richard Black, Fellini), I would think they should have a decent idea what that Joss West was worth, or at the very least know how to easily find out. You likely aren't a clueless beginner when you are selling Richard Blacks and Fellinis. And again, you aren't going to go on an auto forum and say "what is my Ford worth" and not describe it, nor are you going to go on a billiards forum and say "what is my JossWest worth" and not describe it (if you were really looking for help with the value as opposed to having some other motivation). Whether or not they are the same person, something just doesn't seem quite right here to me.

glbreit

Registered
I said I didn't know anything about pool cues. I mistakenly thought I could get good advise here. I also said I didn't know how to post pictures. I called EBay and talked to them they told me if I get an offer I can end the auction early. I went to the JossWest website and they spell it JossWest. I have pictures here on my profile in the albums area. I never knew how mean and hateful people could be as I have seen here. Bill G. understood my inquiry and answered me with intelligence and class.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
I said I didn't know anything about pool cues. I mistakenly thought I could get good advise here. I also said I didn't know how to post pictures. I called EBay and talked to them they told me if I get an offer I can end the auction early. I went to the JossWest website and they spell it JossWest. I have pictures here on my profile in the albums area. I never knew how mean and hateful people could be as I have seen here. Bill G. understood my inquiry and answered me with intelligence and class.

What is the link to your Joss West auction on Enay? Or what is your Ebay user name?