Professionals miscueing on the break......

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
We've all seen it happen in leagues, local tournaments, and "just for fun" play by amateurs but, in all the live tournaments, live streams and YouTube video I have watched, which is a pretty substantial amount of hours, I have never witnessed a professional player miscue on a break.

Have you? If so, let's hear about it.

Maniac

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is kinda like a baseball player accidentally using the wrong end of a bat, imo. Not gonna happen.

Granted, could be an equipment failure, but I think I can hit the cb accurately enough to not miscue, even if I had no tip.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I quit chalking my break cue two months ago and have broke many times since then without a miscue. The cue ball stays much cleaner as do the other balls when you don’t hammer it into whitey. I have miscued on the break before from a bad stroke.

Most break shots I hit are center ball.

chitownnorth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw Strickland completely swing and miss on a shot, but it wasn't the break. I wish I could find the clip.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
We've all seen it happen in leagues, local tournaments, and "just for fun" play by amateurs but, in all the live tournaments, live streams and YouTube video I have watched, which is a pretty substantial amount of hours, I have never witnessed a professional player miscue on a break.

Have you? If so, let's hear about it.

Maniac

Karl Boyes, whiffs the break (I do that a few times a year, often in the same week).

Youtube it.

Freddie <~~~ drinking just might have been involved