Jerry Mcworter cue
Old
  (#1)
SRS5090
Registered
SRS5090 is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

Jerry Mcworter cue - 06-21-2009, 09:12 PM

I purchased a Mcworter cue 4 or 5 years ago. The cue cost well over 4000.00. Both the the butt and the shaft are not straight. Also the butt you can feel the inlays. Jerry has decided he does not want to fix it.

Please help. What can I do

Last edited by SRS5090; 06-21-2009 at 09:18 PM.

Old
  (#2)
macguy
AzB Silver Member
macguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond reputemacguy has a reputation beyond repute

06-21-2009, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRS5090 View Post
I purchased a Mcworter cue 4 or 5 years ago. The cue cost well over 4000.00. Both the the butt and the shaft are not straight. Also the butt you can feel the inlays. Jerry has decided he does not want to fix it.

It has been 5 years, his responsibility is long past. Having said that. The shaft can be replaced, that is no problem. How bad is the butt? A certain amount of movement in the butt is acceptable and it can depend on how the cue has been stored and used. Either way, cues move, that is just a fact.
When you aid he didn't want to fix it, didn't you mean for free?

Old
  (#3)
BarenbruggeCues
Unregistered User
BarenbruggeCues has a reputation beyond reputeBarenbruggeCues has a reputation beyond reputeBarenbruggeCues has a reputation beyond reputeBarenbruggeCues has a reputation beyond reputeBarenbruggeCues has a reputation beyond reputeBarenbruggeCues has a reputation beyond reputeBarenbruggeCues has a reputation beyond reputeBarenbruggeCues has a reputation beyond reputeBarenbruggeCues has a reputation beyond reputeBarenbruggeCues has a reputation beyond reputeBarenbruggeCues has a reputation beyond repute

Location: Just past the big Saguaro on the eastern end of the Sonoran Desert right next to the mountain by the dry river bed.

06-22-2009, 09:05 AM

Quote:

Jerry usually stands behind his work 100%. This to me seems to be a statement that is pretty open ended. Could you elaborate a bit more on why Jerry says he won't fix it?
There are different reasons why certain cuemakers won't touch their own cue and I was just wondering why he has told you he won't fix it?
In 4-5 years a cue can be subjected to a pocket full of no-no's.

Old
  (#4)
Michael Webb
AzB Silver Member
Michael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond repute

06-22-2009, 02:19 PM

pm sent, Please read.

Best Wishes
Michael Webb
webbcues at cox.net

hey
Old
  (#5)
tikkler
AzB Gold Member
tikkler has a reputation beyond reputetikkler has a reputation beyond reputetikkler has a reputation beyond reputetikkler has a reputation beyond reputetikkler has a reputation beyond reputetikkler has a reputation beyond reputetikkler has a reputation beyond reputetikkler has a reputation beyond reputetikkler has a reputation beyond reputetikkler has a reputation beyond reputetikkler has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

hey - 06-22-2009, 04:44 PM

I have a Jerry cue that i bought from him about 4 years ago. The shafts both were a bit warped, and I called Jerry and told him about it.

He very graciously and quickly said "send them to me and I will make you two new ones no charge" He is an honorable man that stands behind his work.

There must be something more to this

Steve

Old
  (#6)
pescadoman
Randy
pescadoman has a reputation beyond reputepescadoman has a reputation beyond reputepescadoman has a reputation beyond reputepescadoman has a reputation beyond reputepescadoman has a reputation beyond reputepescadoman has a reputation beyond reputepescadoman has a reputation beyond reputepescadoman has a reputation beyond reputepescadoman has a reputation beyond reputepescadoman has a reputation beyond reputepescadoman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

06-23-2009, 12:57 AM

Quote:

To say "Jerry has decided he does not want to fix it." is about as ambiguous as a statement can get.

What can you do?? Not leave your 4000.00 cue in a car in Vegas? Sorry, but if you can infer that Jerry has washed his hands of this cue for no reason then I can assume that you have abused it and he is certainly within his right to refuse to fix it.

Did you call him up and say "What the **** is up with this *****" ect..ect..?? That is a good way to make ANYONE decide you aren't worth their time.

OBVIOUS abuse or being a jerk are the ONLY two reasons he would refuse to help you...PERIOD

P.S. If you are going to make accusations about one of the most respected cuemakers in the country, it might be a good idea to type a WEE BIT more before you hit the "submit reply" button.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: