Atlanta Billiard Show Oct. 1-3 Gwinnett Center

bazkook

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's the website: http://atlantabilliardshow.com/
I plan on playing in the APA Singles Regionals in 8 ball and possibly 9 ball. There should be a lot of players there,especially for the APA Singles competition. Sound off if you will be there.

hdgis1

I'm in! My first regionals event after one session of play! Coupled with the Show (and I understand a WPBA tour stop) it should be a hell of weekend!

Chris

And for all the haters - it looks like Dawn is claiming sole responsibility for the show. "A Dawn Hopkins production"

Last edited:

bazkook

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm in! My first regionals event after one session of play! Coupled with the Show (and I understand a WPBA tour stop) it should be a hell of weekend!

Chris

And for all the haters - it looks like Dawn is claiming sole responsibility for the show. "A Dawn Hopkins production"
What skill level are you? I'm currently a 6 in both 9 ball and 8 ball but I seem to be doing better in 8 ball. I haven't won in 4 or 5 weeks in 9 ball where as in 8 ball I've been winning fairly easily.

UrackmIcrackm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

LOL can't help but wonder if she was made to do so legally. Whether she did it on her own or by force, its best this way, esp for her in the long run.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're only what 2 maybe 2 1/2 hrs from Atlanta? If I were that close I would certainly go check it out at least.

It'll be a cash flow problem, I'm afraid. A lot of things I would like to do in the Pool world I can't do at this time, like play in tournaments, I just can't afford it. I can't even afford to play on Shannon's tour, as much as I would like to. Hopefully, things will have improved a bit by then. Kept me from going to the US Open and DCC and several other things Pool related.

hdgis1

I am currently a 6. Don't do 9ball as its on the wrong night of the week. Looks like we may have a match up!

Chris

What skill level are you? I'm currently a 6 in both 9 ball and 8 ball but I seem to be doing better in 8 ball. I haven't won in 4 or 5 weeks in 9 ball where as in 8 ball I've been winning fairly easily.

UrackmIcrackm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It'll be a cash flow problem, I'm afraid. A lot of things I would like to do in the Pool world I can't do at this time, like play in tournaments, I just can't afford it. I can't even afford to play on Shannon's tour, as much as I would like to. Hopefully, things will have improved a bit by then. Kept me from going to the US Open and DCC and several other things Pool related.

I understand all too well, esp in this economy. If you don't mind going out there and back in one day and can afford the gas & entry fee into the expo, I think it would be worth driving out to walk around, check it out, and say hello to some folks. If not, I'm sure there will be some updates on here from the folks that make it out. :wink:

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I understand all too well, esp in this economy. If you don't mind going out there and back in one day and can afford the gas & entry fee into the expo, I think it would be worth driving out to walk around, check it out, and say hello to some folks. If not, I'm sure there will be some updates on here from the folks that make it out. :wink:

If my disability goes through, I'll be there. Without going into detail, there are times we have some money we can spend and times we don't. My wife is on disability and has been since 1995. I have no income at this time and am appealing my first disability refusal with a lawyer. If I can, I'll be there;)

bazkook

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am currently a 6. Don't do 9ball as its on the wrong night of the week. Looks like we may have a match up!

Chris

Depends on whether you are more of a low 6 or higher 6. I've heard they are going to split the brackets up in terms of your winning percentage. For example,6s with lower winning percentages will be playing each other while higher 6s will likely play each other plus sl 7s. I would be cool if we matched up.

hdgis1

I thought the whole point of having a handicap was to play your handicap in a match? At this point, my winning percentage is %90! Sounds like I may be playing the 7's. Guess I better start losing some! :grin-square:

Chris

Depends on whether you are more of a low 6 or higher 6. I've heard they are going to split the brackets up in terms of your winning percentage. For example,6s with lower winning percentages will be playing each other while higher 6s will likely play each other plus sl 7s. I would be cool if we matched up.

bazkook

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought the whole point of having a handicap was to play your handicap in a match? At this point, my winning percentage is %90! Sounds like I may be playing the 7's. Guess I better start losing some! :grin-square:

Chris

According to my local LO,there will be high and low brackets for each division. If he's correct,then you will play other people that are the same handicap as you but are more of your speed. There are some 6s that are borderline 7s. I'm more of a lower 6 because I just moved up from a 5. Against the better players in the local division,I fair ok but not great. In that respect I think I am a lower SL 6. Sometimes I shoot like a high 5. I'm beginning to become more consistent though.