Pool in Ann Arbor

madhatter44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Moving my daughter into college in late August. Be there for 3 or 4 days. Any good places to play?

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree that the comments on the Union. Quite historic. A fun hole in the wall bar to play at is the 8 ball saloon beneath the blind pig. They use to have tournaments there on Sunday and Tuesday. If you make it 40 minutes west to Jackson, I recommend checking out The Garage. I used to live in the area 13 years ago, so maybe my info is outdated.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
I cut my share of classes in college to go play pool. If I had gone to Michigan I probably never would have graduated.

Saturated Fats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've played at the Union a couple of times. Maybe locals can confirm this, but I don't think it is air conditioned. Maybe not the best place to play in August.

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With a partner, bought the Anniversaries that used to be there.

Never understood changing the tables...Gold Crowns aren't really upgrading.

Those Anniversaries are being played on every say in Toronto.

Where are they?

BetsyUmichPool

Registered
Hi Jim,
I'm sorry I just saw this now. Did you discover the Michigan Union Billiards Room, on campus? There are 17 9-foot pool tables, 3 of which are new pro-cut Diamonds. Hopefully you'll stop by next time you visit your daughter!

Betsy
(former) Billiards Room Supervisor

BetsyUmichPool

Registered
The building does have air conditioning, but it (the building) is nearly 100 years old. We have always had problems regulating our heating and cooling. Sometimes it's 58 degrees in the Billiards Room while the rest of the building is too hot. Other times, the rest of the building is comfortable but there's no air circulation in the BR. Depends almost entirely on the day!

Betsy
(former) Michigan Union Billiards Room Supervisor

madhatter44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the late replies.
While moving my daughter in I did not have a free moment to check it out.
I am planing on visiting her in April so maybe then.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm glad they have a nice room where they can go to relax after that Orange Bowl!