don't feel like playing pool.....

wakuljr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i just got hit with a couple of medical problems. my discs in my neck and lower back are shot. today i get to find out about my heart. i have a heart problem, not to bad. but i also have an enlarged ventrical side. i find out today how much bigger. with the drugs i am on i really don't feel like playin pool. i think about it but that is about as far as i can get...lol. anyways, just wanted to type something really...:)

Inzombiac

Silver Member
aw crap... well I hope you get better dude. I have a lot of friends who are having health issues lately and I can't imagine one that would keep me from The Game...

If its a choice between taking the meds and not playing or not taking the meds and maybe making your condition worse... take meds, the magic of science can heal ya up later and get you back on the table. :)

Jigger

Lets Roll....(...(..(.(O
Silver Member
Best of luck with your health issues Wakuljr. It's no fun to feel crummy. I know too well that ruptured neck disk problems can be continuous discomfort/pain. Hang in there.

wakuljr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks guys, nice fish jigger, i am from montana......love fishin. ya, i will get through this and play again. i will let ya'll know how the echo today turns out

wakuljr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ok, have to have a heart operation, the O.R. is kinda like on stand by, as soon as i decide and make the call i am going to the O.R.

now i have to decide to do it or spend the rest of my life on drugs. either way i will let ya know.

thanks again, your comments really help

WINTHEDAY14

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
good luck to ya, thats like crushing a pool player when they have back and neck problems but on top of that you have a heart problem. wish all the best for ya

matcase

Blondie's #1 fan
Silver Member
I hope modern help will ease your maladys and you'll be able to enjoy life and pool soon.

wakuljr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ok, i have decided i am going to montana and havin the operation. i am from montana.....missoula is my home town. the "heart institute" is there. plan on going middle or end of next month.

thanks again for the kind words, they really help

PROG8R

Gator Nation
Silver Member
sorry to hear that man.
I am getting ready to take time away from the game because my eyes are opening up to a whole new world. I am finally realizing that what was once the biggest thing in my life is just a damn game and that there is a lot more to life than smokey dark rooms, seeing the same people over and over. I think I will take my two year old son to the driving range, or park, or shopping and then to dinner and home; bathe him, put his PJs on and read him a book or play cars, lincoln logs or something. But anything besides spend another night in that place away from him.
Funny that way, if I could give you my health to play it would be all yours, i am done for a while.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
There's a big world out there...full of things done for fun other than pool. Sometimes it's best to step away from one thing that was so much fun it became ALL you did, and explore other roads. What's funny here is that I'm re-exploring pool as something to do because I got too involved in another thing...the old Porsche hobby. One day I took a look around that clubs scene and decided I'd rather hang out in a pool hall, where the hustlers were more obvious. :)

All that aside, I hope your surgery is very successful and when you get out of the hospital? Smell some roses...perhaps of a different color than you're used to.

Jack Madden

John Madden Cues
Silver Member
wakuljr said:
ok, i have decided i am going to montana and havin the operation. i am from montana.....missoula is my home town. the "heart institute" is there. plan on going middle or end of next month.

John
You still in Missoula (how did Lance do hunting-only two more weekends for the Montana holiday) --- or back in Vegas? How is play at Buck's?

lodini

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wakuljr said:

I've been through Open-Heart Surgery myself... I wish you nothing but the best! It's not easy... but if you can keep your spirits high, it'll be much easier.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wakuljr said:
i just got hit with a couple of medical problems. my discs in my neck and lower back are shot. today i get to find out about my heart. i have a heart problem, not to bad. but i also have an enlarged ventrical side. i find out today how much bigger. with the drugs i am on i really don't feel like playin pool. i think about it but that is about as far as i can get...lol. anyways, just wanted to type something really...:)

i understand probably more than you know, i had a heart problem 5 years ago it was stress related and i'm ok, no problem

my back problems is why i started pool again, i needed something to do to stay active, I went from body building to pool, just to keep moving, i'm on pain meds eveeryday, i hate them, alot of days I cant go play no matter how bad I want to so i lay in bed and look at my cues.

I havent been diagnosed but I think there is a goood chance I have a form of musclar distrophy, which is bad news, real bad. I have had 2 major operations and 1 minor one,

And somedays the depression gets me and even though I feel good enough to play I cant seem to get out of the house , i have been in bed most of the day for 3 years, its like people in jail they adjust to it, i havent been in jail, but when you cant leave the room the reason why your locked down dosent matter, so yeah sometimes its hard for me to just get up and go anywhere, i have to force myself, then if i have a few good days and do something everryday i get to liking it then when I get sick and cant leave the depression really kicks in, so sometimes its easier to stay home, 2 days ago i wanted to leave so bad to go play, but I couldnt leave the house, yesterday night i could, today i doubt i will. it sucks. I had a 7 month period where I couldnt go anwhere at all, wow that was tough.

best wishes hope you get better.

powerlineman80

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know the feeling man. I have so many problems with my spine and back I'd spin your head listing them all here. Put it to you this way-my spine will probably break or crack in a few years. Before I die I will probably lose the use of my right hand and be paralyzed.

I've had to take heavy doses of steroids that seriously affected my vision especially on the pool table (I would see 2-3 balls instead of 1, and I have 20/20 vision) and so many other things that have held my game down (I can still run a rack, at times). I have to take Percocets 4 times a day and Xanax twice a day just to get around.

Pool is the only sport I have left that I am able to play, and I'm still limited in it. I'll probably lose it soon but I'm trying to enjoy it as much as possible now. But I know I'm lucky to just be able to do what I can now, so I cant gripe too much. Others are not as lucky as me, I can still walk and move around so I thank God every day that I wake up. I'll be praying for you and hope things get better man.

mr8ball

wakuljr said:

I have to tell you I know just how you feel. I have been fighting with my back for quite a while now and I have just about given up on playing. I had a disk replaced and six screws put in my spine about 18 months ago and it?s still not any better. It is frustrating to go and play and let people beet you that done even know how to hold a stick. I have tried all kind of things but I am afraid the love I had for the game might be gone. I would like to play but just don?t have the desire to do it anymore. Can anyone tell me how to get the love back?? I sure miss playing but for me it s just so far to go to play good players in tournaments anymore. I haven?t played much lately but would love to start again. Anyone ever lost the love and got it back? Any help would be grateful, Doug