Votes: 24 18.5%

Votes: 25 19.2%

Votes: 12 9.2%

Votes: 37 28.5%

• Total voters

bazkook

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm a low 6 most of the time. I have been in a slump for a while. Before last Thursday,I had not won a match in over 6 weeks and I was losing to players I used to beat very easily. I'm hoping the win this week will boost my confidence.

SpinDoctor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Played one season here a few years ago and was a 9. The team that beat us to go to Vegas ended up winning the Vegas event and was filled with 4s and 5s that played really well.

Rich R.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Officially, I'm a level 4 in 9-ball, but I only played one session and that was a number of years ago, when I returned to playing pool after a 30 year lay off. I suspect I would be somewhat higher now.

tom mcgonagle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is my first year playing in any leagues. I started myself as a nine, in the APA. If they had anything higher, I would have started there.

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
Im a 6 right now but im sure they'll move me up to a 8 or a 9 by the end of the season.

incognito

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm a SL7, unlike most of the imposters who answered the poll.

I love how the skill levels tend to be so much higher than reality in these polls. 27% SL 9. LOL! More 9-s than any other skill level. Yeah, right! No SL1, 2, or 3s. I like that too.

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
Depends really right?? I love it when you play a 4 and he plays like an 8.

I agree with what you said abotu there being so many 9's. 9's are very rare in the first place but who am i to argue :lol:

SpinDoctor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I love how the skill levels tend to be so much higher than reality in these polls. 27% SL 9. LOL! More 9-s than any other skill level. Yeah, right! No SL1, 2, or 3s. I like that too.

I would expect to find a higher representation of 7, 8 and 9 handicaps frequenting a pool forum than the lower handicaps. There is a reason that good players get better.

(P.S. - I selected 9 and I'm not an imposter)

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Shall I provide my contact info so you can check with my areas Lo

Or better yet come to Maryland I am easy to find.

mr8ball

I was a 9 when i played. I only played one session because i saw what the APA was all about. All take and no give. IMOP

SpinDoctor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was a 9 when i played. I only played one session because i saw what the APA was all about. All take and no give. IMOP

I think that pretty much every league has that issue. The thing about APA that turned me off was the maximum team handicap. By forcing me, as a 9, to put a team together with a maximum handicap of 23 it was pure torture to watch.

I'm a pool lover and watching awful pool just forced me to quit APA. When I have 14 handicap points left to field 4 players, I have an average of 3.5 per player and *hopefully* they don't improve or I can't play with them. My idea of a fun night is not watching a pair of 2's or 3's bash balls around for an hour and having 4 of them on my team made for really, really long nights.