Which player from the past(or even present) do you wish there was more footage of?

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was thinking about this while watching some matches from the 1986 world title with irving crane in them. I wish there was more footage of cisero murphy. his stroke alone intrigues me and I've heard he was quite a player.

what about you guys?

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Was thinking about this while watching some matches from the 1986 world title with irving crane in them. I wish there was more footage of cisero murphy. his stroke alone intrigues me and I've heard he was quite a player.

what about you guys?

All the great players from the past: Greenleaf, Mosconi, Crane, Lassiter, Worst.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

what about you guys?

Sigel, Johnson/Crane, Danny D, Lisciotti, Reid, Louie Roberts, Gene Nagy...

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd like to see some videos of the Miz in his prime. I have not seen any (of his prime) on YouTube. Any I missed, or on accu-stats?

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
Mosconi.

There is absolutely no footage of him playing competitive pool in his prime from what I know, it is brutal.

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Video footage of some of the older greats of the game, will always be rare!..People did not have camera phones, and streaming was also well in the future ..So its slim pickings, be glad we have what we have! Thankfully, the current crop of top players will now always be well represented! ;)

Last edited:

wigglybridge

14.1 straight pool!
Silver Member
Mosconi, of course. as pointed out, there is NO footage of him playing in his prime, and he is still considered by many who saw him in person as beyond comprehension in his abilities.

after that, Mizerak; there's at least *some* video of him, but not nearly enough. there is a little of Harold Worst, and some good footage of Crane, including the famous 150 and out against Balsis.

PS oh crap, yes, Cisero for sure!!!

Last edited:

jrhendy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ronnie Allen

Thank you Smitty. I can't believe Ronnie was not included in some of the other lists. The best one pocket player for two plus decades and absolutely the most entertaining and colorful of them all.

See you in October.

ranchar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Harold Worst and Ralph Greenleaf.

Had a chance to see Cicero Murphy in Johnson City, very smoooooooth.

jrhendy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don willis......

I played Don Willis in Los Angeles in 1965. Dean Chance, who had just won the Cy Young Award pitching for the Angels, talked me into playing him some nine ball. It did not turn out too good for me.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think I'd want to see the early players who changed the way the games are played:

Francois Mingaud
Walter Lindrum
Joe Davis
John Roberts Jr. and Sr.
Jake Schaefer Jr. and Sr.
Raymond Ceulemans