Sugartree

yally

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
It is with regret that I post this for sale. Eric and I first started working on this over 3 years ago. However, it has been challenging to get info from Eric over the last year. I completely respect Eric, his abilities, and putting his family first. However, after three years I have decided to free up the funds to pursue other interests.

You will be purchasing my spot, and a very special blank I had made by John Davis for Sugartree. Eric emailed me that this was one of the nicest Davis blanks he had ever seen! Very highly figured cocobolo and olivewood. Keep in mind Eric isn o longer accepting orders.

Blank from John was $425 (still have the original email invoice if needed), and 3 years of time with Eric. Woods have all stabilized, and has been turned multiple times. Eric emailed last year that has was getting to the final stages. Since then, it has been hard to get in contact with him after multiple attempts. Again, I respect Eric and his abilities, but I would like to pursue another interest. This is the blank in it's very early form before being turned down by Eric!

sugar2.jpg

Here are the details of the blank:

-Cocobolo into Olivewood John Davis FULL SPLICE (I was aiming for a wrapless fullsplice with elk joint, butt caps). It is possible that this could be altered if Eric has not reached this point yet.

-4 veneers (natural, blue, green, black) Order of blue-green might be reversed. Selected 3 years ago, lol. See pic

-aiming for 19oz weight with 2 shafts

-could have a wrap added if requested

Here's a rough pic from someone who was at Eric's awhile back and happened to get a photo of it along with a few others. Cropped most of the others out for privacy sake.

sugar.jpg

No longer for sale for the BLANK and MY SPOT ONLY. Final costs for the build will be between you and Eric. Again, this is for the blank (that I already paid for), and my spot ONLY. Paypal or Money Order.

I will email Eric after payment is received, and transfer over all contact info to him. If it does not sell, I will continue my order.

Eric, I wish you and your family nothing but the best. Your work when posted on the boards continues to amaze. You give a lot to the pool community, AZ, and I hope all is well.

Last edited:
Reactions: CMD

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
207   0   0
Did Eric give a ROM on the finished price??

It is with regret that I post this for sale. Eric and I first started working on this over 3 years ago. However, it has been challenging to get info from Eric over the last year. I completely respect Eric, his abilities, and putting his family first. However, after three years I have decided to free up the funds to pursue other interests.

You will be purchasing my spot, and a very special blank I had made by John Davis for Sugartree. Eric emailed me that this was one of the nicest Davis blanks he had ever seen! Very highly figured cocobolo and olivewood. Keep in mind Eric isno longer accepting orders.

Blank from John was $425 (still have the original email invoice if needed), and 3 years of time with Eric. Woods have all stabilized, and has been turned multiple times. Eric emailed last year that has was getting to the final stages. Since then, it has been hard to get in contact with him after multiple attempts. Again, I respect Eric and his abilities, but I would like to pursue another interest.

-Cocobolo into Olivewood John Davis FULL SPLICE (I was aiming for a wrapless fullsplice with elk joint, butt caps). It is possible that this could be altered if Eric has not reached this point yet.

-4 veneers (natural, blue, green, black) Order of blue-green might be reversed. Selected 3 years ago, lol. See pic

Here's a rough pic from someone who was at Eric's awhile back and happened to get a photo of it along with a few others. Cropped most of the others out for privacy sake.

sugar.jpg

$600 obo for the BLANK and MY SPOT ONLY. Final costs for the build will be between you and Eric. Again, this is for the blank (that I already paid for), and my spot ONLY. Paypal or Money Order.

I will email Eric after payment is received, and transfer over all contact info to him. If it does not sell, I will continue my order.

Eric, I wish you and your family nothing but the best. Your work when posted on the boards continues to amaze. You give a lot to the pool community, AZ, and I hope all is well.

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 97.9%
140   3   0
Builders call these things project Cues

With that in mind there can be no certianty when a project can be completed. They are usually done long long after the costumer thinks it should be completed.
Nick :)

mia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
With that in mind there can be no certianty when a project can be completed. They are usually done long long after the costumer thinks it should be completed.

Customers call these things "orders".

With that in mind, if the cuemaker sees it as less of a priority than his other "orders", that should be made clear to the customer from the onset.

smokey

let's roll
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
hey yally...

You will be purchasing my spot, and a very special blank I had made by John Davis for Sugartree. Eric emailed me that this was one of the nicest Davis blanks he had ever seen! Very highly figured cocobolo and olivewood. Keep in mind Eric isn o longer accepting orders.

Blank from John was $425 (still have the original email invoice if needed), and 3 years of time with Eric. Woods have all stabilized, and has been turned multiple times. Eric emailed last year that has was getting to the final stages. Since then, it has been hard to get in contact with him after multiple attempts. Again, I respect Eric and his abilities, but I would like to pursue another interest. This is the blank in it's very early form before being turned down by Eric!

sugar2.jpg

-could have a wrap added if requested

sugar.jpg

$600 obo for the BLANK and MY SPOT ONLY. Final costs for the build will be between you and Eric. Again, this is for the blank (that I already paid for), and my spot ONLY. Paypal or Money Order.

i am pretty nondescript...

maybe i go 'off' now and then due to someone screwing another - so i plead for that - GUILTY

just for the record...
i sent eric a pm/email long ago about buying a cue. he was pretty unknown at the time [i think]

he never bothered to reply to me
and i took that to mean he is above me

i sent another pm/email and again -
NOTHING

I TOOK IT AS:
he does not even have to address me
as if i am nothing

he once posted if any of us could see something wrong with a cue he made

i told him he made a mistake with the widths of his rings - i was the only one

he never acknowledged me

he just later stated he had f-up the rings

that is eric to me

wishing you the best,
smokey

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 97.9%
140   3   0
Titlist Cues are not ordered

Customers call these things "orders".

With that in mind, if the cuemaker sees it as less of a priority than his other "orders", that should be made clear to the customer from the onset.

As blanks. I have had many done by many differant builders. They are never ordered so to speak. And always taken on as a work to be completed as time allows. Sometimes over a year is spent stablizing the Titlist for example. Then the project can continue. Because they did not build the blank it won't proceed until they and no one else deems it fit. Their name will be on the Cue. That is if they will logo the thing. Especially with any blank supplied by costumers. Refused logo. Can happen.
If they are respnosable they can not afford to leave much if anything to chance.

Last edited:

smokey

let's roll
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
hey nick...

As blanks. I have had many done by many differant builders. They are never ordered so to speak. And always taken on as a work to be completed as time allows. Sometimes over a year is spent stablizing the Titlist for example. Then the project can continue. Because they did not build the blank it won't proceed until they and no one else deems it fit. Their name will be on the Cue. That is if they will logo the thing. Especially with any blank supplied by costumers. Refused logo. Can happen.
If they are respnosable they can not afford to leave much if anything to chance.

i am a simple guy
not too smart and i hope not too dumb

are you saying that not to return an email is okay??

to ask to buy a cue with no response is okay??

are you saying that to have a davis blank [probably the best in the world] means that you can take years to just fn finish it okay??

and not even bother to email the customer is okay??

and holier than thou - to put your name on it to boot!!

i have always supported you in the past, even under difficult situations
i am sure i slipped under your radar as i usually try to do unless someone cheats another - which is where i backed u up

it makes me think.........

there is a great saying in Yiddish but i will not bother to say it here

so...

all the best,
smokey

all the best,
smokey

yally

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Hey everyone. Thank you for the thoughtful comments. I agree with both sides. Eric never had to agree to this "project" cue, and I would have loved to have just some quick replies to my emails.

However, I do not want this thread to turn into a debate about cuebuilder communication. Eric, has actually been pretty good the past few years, and it has been a pleasure doing this with him.

I have no issues continuing this order. I still think Sugartree is easily one of the top young builders right now, and hope that if anything, this helps him improve in one (but critical side of the business).

For now, please feel free to comment on how awesome the blank is, or my veneer choices...lol.

Send your offers. Willing to be open as I need to move this puppy.

smokey

let's roll
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
sorry...

Hey everyone. Thank you for the thoughtful comments. I agree with both sides. Eric never had to agree to this "project" cue, and I would have loved to have just some quick replies to my emails.

However, I do not want this thread to turn into a debate about cuebuilder communication. Eric, has actually been pretty good the past few years, and it has been a pleasure doing this with him.

I have no issues continuing this order. I still think Sugartree is easily one of the top young builders right now, and hope that if anything, this helps him improve in one (but critical side of the business).

For now, please feel free to comment on how awesome the blank is, or my veneer choices...lol.

Send your offers. Willing to be open as I need to move this puppy.

Mr. Wilson will give me another demerit any time now.

wishing you the best.
smokey