Rooms near Worchester MA or Hartford CT

kryptonite9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am traveling up to Boston from Philadelphia for game 7 of the Sixer/Celtics series on Saturday. My freind and I will be coming back Sunday and would like to stop along the way to play some and maybe find cheap action. The route would be North Jersey, through Hartford CT, through Worchester MA. We will be out of the city after the game and will not want to go back so no need to list Boston rooms. We also would not want to go through NYC. If anyone knows of a nice room that we could stop at on Sunday afternoon/evening it would be appreciated.

Thanks ahead,
Keith

harpsucka

Registered
Big Shot Billiards in Windsor, CT right off 91. Place is huge and the rates are like $6 the whole day. I think they only have 7ft though. A whole bunch of 7ft.

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Snookers is in Providence R.I. and is one of the nicest rooms in the country.

Not to mention they have The New England Pool And Billiards Hall Of Fame
located there.

Should be able to get a game there they get on average 50 for their weekly tournament

Good luck to you.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
I was just about to say the same thing...

Welcome to wooosta!

Did you mean worcester?

Yeah I had the best Lobster tail I've ever eaten as well as the best clam chowder at a place in Worcester...

Jaden

BTW for anyone wondering, it's pronounced worse-ster...

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Yeah I had the best Lobster tail I've ever eaten as well as the best clam chowder at a place in Worcester...

Jaden

Probably a little closer would be "woster" (short "o" sound)

Signed,
Bruce Worcester
(I hear all kinds of variations,but the "h" always baffled me :p )

Mike_Mason

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Proper New England speech...

They sell tee shirts in Worcester showing the pronunciation as "woo'stah" - where I lived there for a few years..

The Kiss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Jaden

You ain't from around these parts its definitely wooster

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jaden said:
WHAT???

justadub said:
Probably a little closer would be "woster" (short "o" sound)
Say WHAT?????

MikMason said:
They sell tee shirts in Worcester showing the pronunciation as "woo'stah"
Clearly not making money

The Kiss said:
You ain't from around these parts its definitely Wooster
Of the three or six accepted ways to pronounce Worcester, MASS, this ain't one of them. It isn't prounounced like the city in NY State.

Rodney said:
Funny, I live close, and I call it wister.
Thumbs up Rodney!!! This is one of the accepted ways. Pronounce it like the sauce without 'shire' at the end.

WUSS tuh (rhymes wuss rhymes Puss in Boots)
WIS tuh

or

WUSS tah
WIS tah

and for those in Worcester that happen to say the 'r' in the end

WUSS tər

or

WIST tər

Freddie <~~~ thank goodness for someone who actually live in Worcester County

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Well, I'm about 4 hours north of Worcester, so I'm not directly familiar with the locals....

I've just lugged that surname around for almost a half century, so I have heard a few variations :p

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am traveling up to Boston from Philadelphia for game 7 of the Sixer/Celtics series on Saturday. My freind and I will be coming back Sunday and would like to stop along the way to play some and maybe find cheap action. The route would be North Jersey, through Hartford CT, through Worchester MA. We will be out of the city after the game and will not want to go back so no need to list Boston rooms. We also would not want to go through NYC. If anyone knows of a nice room that we could stop at on Sunday afternoon/evening it would be appreciated.

Thanks ahead,
Keith

Keith, I think your best bet although a little out of your way would be Snookers in Providence RI. It is the nicest room between MA,CT, and RI. I would normally tell you to stop at Worldchampionship Billiards on sundays but we are closed sunday and monday this week.

kryptonite9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks everyone and sorry for the mistake on the name. Snookers looks to be the pick. We can hit that and go down 95 to get home. Hopefully the schedule allows us to check it out.

The Kiss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Next we will need a thread how to properly pronounce Peabody, Medford, and Quincy...OP Going to the gah den to see the Seltz in the playoffs is quite a bizzare scene

Not to mention some alternative definitions...

For Boston words like Khakis, could be pants could be the things you start the cah with..

Fred is right its Wusster, I was going for the same sound only wiith oo.

Bottom line lets go Seltz

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Next we will need a thread how to properly pronounce Peabody, Medford, and Quincy...OP Going to the gah den to see the Seltz in the playoffs is quite a bizzare scene

For Boston words like Khakis, could be pants could be the things you start the cah with..

Go C's (make up for the B's and Pats)!

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member

My personal favorite is Woburn.....

And yes, go C's! "Anything is possible.............."