Magic Rack trouble

harpsucka

Registered
I've been trying to get the protective film off for about an hour now. I got one side of the 8 ball rack. I'm using a piece of shipping tape (pretty sticky)
Any suggestions would be great.

LHP5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One side of the magic rack is going to look matte or a little dull in color. The other side should be shiny or have a plastic like look to it.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
Warning: at least one set of magic racks is weird, like the 9/10 ball have film and the 8 ball does not. Verify your rack actually has film! I wasted an hour on a filmless one before :}

All of them only have film on one side, not both sides.

Hold it up to the light if it's the black set... the film is blue and the see-through lettering will look blue if there's still film to remove. If they look clear, there's nothing to peel off.

Generally I use my fingernail and look to see if one of the diamond shaped holes was cut roughly and left a little bit sticking up. It's a real bastard at times.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been trying to get the protective film off for about an hour now. I got one side of the 8 ball rack. I'm using a piece of shipping tape (pretty sticky)

There is only film on one side. Or are you saying you can't get it off the 9/10 ball rack? If it looks bluish, the film is there, if not, it's not.

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
There is only film on one side. Or are you saying you can't get it off the 9/10 ball rack? If it looks bluish, the film is there, if not, it's not.

Those are the old ones. The new ones don't have a film, but it looks like they do.

Keith Jawahir

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used the same style racks when I lived in japan, and they worked flawlessly. I have 3 magic racks sitting in a corner right now that, after I took the film off, the balls WILL NOT TOUCH. I've tinkered with all 3, trying to get the balls to sit... anyone have any tips?

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
I used the same style racks when I lived in japan, and they worked flawlessly. I have 3 magic racks sitting in a corner right now that, after I took the film off, the balls WILL NOT TOUCH. I've tinkered with all 3, trying to get the balls to sit... anyone have any tips?

All three do not freeze with the film off?

I've had one magic rack that was basically bad out of the box, balls would not freeze. But all the others I've bought work as expected so I consider it a fluke. Three separate racks all flaking out sounds like a quality control issue.

Then again what equipment are you trying it on? Tried these on multiple tables?

Some tables have dimples so deep (especially the head spot) that they fight against the magic rack and pull the balls apart.

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I thought you were going to say something about Niels Feijen
Dennis Orcullo match racking night mare! i felt bad for the Magic Rack