Scott Gracio jig

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there a picture somewhere?

Never needed anything but a scrap piece of good micro-grain plywood, a toggle clamp, and a fence made (also) from scrap mahogany or something & a few end stops from more small scraps of plywood.

He doe say he prefers to work with a round, so that part might be somewhat interesting.
(Not that i completely agree)

It's also not necessarily the "difficult" part of the joint when you consider tooling, fixture, and machinery to make the grooved end.

Nonetheless, any innovation can be interesting.

smt

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there a picture somewhere?

Never needed anything but a scrap piece of good micro-grain plywood, a toggle clamp, and a fence made (also) from scrap mahogany or something & a few end stops from more small scraps of plywood.

He doe say he prefers to work with a round, so that part might be somewhat interesting.
(Not that i completely agree)

It's also not necessarily the "difficult" part of the joint when you consider tooling, fixture, and machinery to make the grooved end.

Nonetheless, any innovation can be interesting.

smt

Given this, you would be shocked at the lengths I went to.

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Given this, you would be shocked at the lengths I went to.

Always open to better ideas. :)

Do you splice from the round, or from squares/hex?

As noted, I am curious what the Gracio fixture looks like, too.

smt

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Always open to better ideas. :)

Do you splice from the round, or from squares/hex?

As noted, I am curious what the Gracio fixture looks like, too.

smt

I have cut the butt portion from both squares and rounds. I have jigs that support both. I greatly prefer squares.

I have cut the forearm portion from both squares and rounds. I prefer rounds for the forearm.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The reason I like to use rounds for the handle is the ease of holding points even.