ebsupp took my money and ran

Marc

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.3%
148   1   0
Hi all members,

Need to post to let everyone know that this person, supposedly Charmaine Mendoza I believe it's a SHE, and lives in the Philippines, have taken $725 from me.

I'm posting this not only to warn other members not to make any transactions with her, but also this is a calling to whoever may know this person and has an address or phone number to post it here, so I can get in touch with her.

I made payment to her Paypal account: chamendoza88@hotmail.com on June 5th, 2020
It's not the best of times for me to spend money on cues, but she advertised a Barnart cue that I really wanted

She specifically requested for the payment to be sent Friends and Family.

After I confirmed with member levarr that ebsupp was trustworthy (he messaged me that he had bought a cue from her), I went ahead and sent payment.

Weeks went by and I did not worry too much because of the Covid situation delaying shipments all over the world.

But when I asked for tracking information, she sent tracking from a package that never left, and then after a few days, there was nothing to track.

Recently, well, about a month ago, she email me that if by July 15th I did not receive the cue, she would issue me a full refund.

Today is August 9th and she doesn't even reply to my emails at all.

I must say that we both emailed back and forth for awhile until recently

I emailed her at: vurrcryp2@gmail.com where she has replied several times, and recently as she ignored me, I emailed her also at: chamendoza88@hotmail.com (wich is the email associated to her Paypal)

Has anyone dealt with this person/member at all?
Can anyone contact or provide contact information?
Does any members from the Philippines know her personally?

Thank you much, it's a bit of a frustrating situation

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
175   0   0
Hi all members,

Need to post to let everyone know that this person, supposedly Charmaine Mendoza I believe it's a SHE, and lives in the Philippines, have taken $725 from me.

I'm posting this not only to warn other members not to make any transactions with her, but also this is a calling to whoever may know this person and has an address or phone number to post it here, so I can get in touch with her.

I made payment to her Paypal account: chamendoza88@hotmail.com on June 5th, 2020
It's not the best of times for me to spend money on cues, but she advertised a Barnart cue that I really wanted

After I confirmed with member levarr that ebsupp was trustworthy (he messaged me that he had bought a cue from her), I went ahead and sent payment.

Weeks went by and I did not worry too much because of the Covid situation delaying shipments all over the world.

But when I asked for tracking information, she sent tracking from a package that never left, and then after a few days, there was nothing to track.

Recently, well, about a month ago, she email me that if by July 15th I did not receive the cue, she would issue me a full refund.

I emailed her at: vurrcryp2@gmail.com where she has replied several times, and recently as she ignored me, I emailed her also at: chamendoza88@hotmail.com (wich is the email associated to her Paypal)

Yes, there was a huge thread about this scammer. They keep making new names. Offering deals that are too good to be true. I bought a Tad and paid good+services. They refunded immediately and moved on.

Marc

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.3%
148   1   0
how is this member not removed then from AZB Forums?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
175   0   0
how is this member not removed then from AZB Forums?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The last screen names were banned, but they kept making new ones, as I mentioned.

It's the same scammer in the Philippines with different emails and names

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
Hi all members,

Marc, I am sincerely sorry for your dilemma. Sending money via friends and family, is usually a bad idea, and something I never "request" as a seller. I have had buyers send it to me that way, but I always discourage the practice.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
320   0   0
sending paypal payments as Friends & Family is considered a gift by pp and, as such, you lose all rights to any possible recourse.

You really shouldn't do it anyway since in addition to giving up protection you are scamming a company who is providing a service out of their fee.

Best to just add the 3% and be protected from scammers like this one.

hope you get your $$$ but looks bleak.

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

juggernaut0629

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why I NEVER send PayPal friends & family. I've bought, sold, traded so many golf clubs, baseball, softball bats, fielding gloves, etc. Though ebay & other forums. It's just best practice to protect yourself.

amphibika

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Not just sellers buyers too

I don't know personally this seller or the facts of this case but I had shipped something out weeks ago from Singapore and the buyer claimed that he had not received it and filed a paypal claim.

I followed up with the courier and they produced evidence that the item has been delivered. The buyer did not have the decency to cancel the claim. He wants to have the shaft and keep his money too.

COVID19 has lengthened global shipping times but let's try to keep our integrity on this forum.

thubosky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Did you try filing a claim with PayPal? Same thing happened to me with a bk2 8 years ago. I think I ended up talking to paypal on phone and explained how the seller insisted how I had to send them the payment via gift and wouldn't sell otherwise to me basically. And they escalated the claim and I got my money back. Not sure if they changed their policy since then but it wouldn't hurt to try.
Tim