Are you supposed to Rep someone back?

DallasHopps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I only recently became aware of "rep" and how to check it, etc.

I don't want to be the rude guy... am I supposed to acknowledge the rep given, or reciprocate?

Thanks.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Where would it end?
Thank You...No Thank You...No Thank You...No Thank You...No Thank You...No Thank You...No Thank You...No Thank You...No Thank You...No Thank You...No Thank You...No Thank You...No Thank You...No Thank You...No Thank You...No Thank You...No Thank You...No Thank You...No Thank You...No Thank You...No Thank You...No Thank You...No Thank You...No Thank You...No Thank You...No Thank You...No Thank You...No Thank You...No Thank You...No Thank You...No Thank You...No Thank You...No Thank You...No Thank You...No Thank You...No Thank You...No Thank You...No Thank You...

matta

Cue Snob
Silver Member

I don't want to be the rude guy... am I supposed to acknowledge the rep given, or reciprocate?

Thanks.

You will get more rep if you reciprocate. So if you are into rep whoring, rep them back.

Last edited:

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
"Rep-whoring" is pretty harsh (albeit true in some isolated instances). Most of us who do use rep, do it with no expectations of getting any back. Rep who you want to...rep someone back who reps you, if you want (or don't). Don't worry about it...

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Bingo! ................:)

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
Was just thinking this the other day. I would rep back but I just cant be bothered with it. So I would like to take this opprotunity to thank all of those that have sent me Reps. Thank you and I do apperciate your comments. Except that Black-Balled guy. More like circus clown :angry:

:p

Oh and Im with Scott Lee on this one :thumbup2:

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
I've repped members back on occasion, but I've always tried to PM someone a quick thank-you when someone sends me greenies. I may have failed to do so once in a while but mainly this was only because I lost track on whether I had already thanked them or not. I just think it's courteous to acknowledge it when someone reps you.

After I'd been on here about a year or so and had some decent rep ammo, I went back to my first post here (an OP to introduce myself) and repped everyone in that thread who had posted to welcome me on board.

Last edited:

RRfireblade

Grammer Are For Stupids
Silver Member
I don't expect Rep back. I may send a pm in response to Rep tied to a more emotionally invested Rep related situation ;) but that's the exception, not the norm.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I don't think so Dallas. The rep feature is just a simple way to personally acknowledge your appreciation for someone's post or kindness or whatever. It isn't necessary to thank someone by repping them back although on occasion I have done just that. Many times I don't respond back. It's really up to you.

I don't think not repping someone back is "being rude". (not at all).

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Thanks.

I have found 'rep' to be another form of communicating.
So if I've got nothing to say but 'thanx' , I don't do it.
I believe that 'thanx' should be understood.
It's a form of 'karma' but should not be forced.

..and if nobody reps me for this excellent post...:angry:
...I'm holding my breath till I turn blue...;)

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
I don't think that's as much of a problem as it once was. Many of those who took part in "rep whoring" maxed out in points a long time ago.

Anyone know exactly how many points is max? I know the number has been posted but couldn't find it with a search.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I have found 'rep' to be another form of communicating.
So if I've got nothing to say but 'thanx' , I don't do it.
I believe that 'thanx' should be understood.
It's a form of 'karma' but should not be forced.

..and if nobody reps me for this excellent post...:angry:
...I'm holding my breath till I turn blue...;)

Where's the "Like" button?