Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Have you ever used a name other than your own playing pool?
Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Have you ever used a name other than your own playing pool?
Old
  (#1)
CJ Wiley
ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION

CJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond reputeCJ Wiley has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Question Have you ever used a name other than your own playing pool? - 05-13-2020, 01:00 AM

Back when I was on the road gambling I used 3 aliases, Mike from Indiana, Chris from Missouri and Butch from Tennessee.

This is the story of how they almost got backed to play each other to see who the best young player was in the country.

https://youtu.be/GA3NPNA61yw

How about you, ever had to use a name other than your own for any reason?

Join my Private Road Player Membership and I'll Show You Our Systems, Techniques, and Championship Level Fundamentals Today (for the price of treating me to lunch) @ www.masteringpocketbilliards.com

Have you ever used a name other than your own playing pool?
Old
  (#2)
PoolBum
AzB Silver Member

PoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1190

Question Have you ever used a name other than your own playing pool? - 05-13-2020, 01:43 AM

No, whenever I wanted my opponents to think I couldn't run three balls using my real name seemed to work just fine.

Old
  (#3)
pt109
WO double hemlock
pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

05-13-2020, 02:16 AM

Ummmm....maybe

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#4)
HNTFSH
Birds, Bass & Bottoms

HNTFSH has a reputation beyond reputeHNTFSH has a reputation beyond reputeHNTFSH has a reputation beyond reputeHNTFSH has a reputation beyond reputeHNTFSH has a reputation beyond reputeHNTFSH has a reputation beyond reputeHNTFSH has a reputation beyond reputeHNTFSH has a reputation beyond reputeHNTFSH has a reputation beyond reputeHNTFSH has a reputation beyond reputeHNTFSH has a reputation beyond repute

05-13-2020, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
Ummmm....maybe
uuhhmmmm...OK.....what was her name?

Player #1: McDermott G1402
Player #2: Weir (or should I say Adam's Japan) Sneaky Pete
Break: McDermott Sledgehammer
Backup: Colt 1911

Deplorable since 1776

Old
  (#5)
jimmyco
NRA4Life

jimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond repute

05-13-2020, 05:05 AM

All the time.

Regards,
Alan from Phoenix

Player-Bob Owen Custom
Breaker-N.E. O'Barqueue
Case-Rusty Melton 1x2

Old
  (#6)
middleofnowhere
Registered
middleofnowhere has a reputation beyond reputemiddleofnowhere has a reputation beyond reputemiddleofnowhere has a reputation beyond reputemiddleofnowhere has a reputation beyond reputemiddleofnowhere has a reputation beyond reputemiddleofnowhere has a reputation beyond reputemiddleofnowhere has a reputation beyond reputemiddleofnowhere has a reputation beyond reputemiddleofnowhere has a reputation beyond reputemiddleofnowhere has a reputation beyond reputemiddleofnowhere has a reputation beyond repute

05-13-2020, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolBum View Post
No, whenever I wanted my opponents to think I couldn't run three balls using my real name seemed to work just fine.
I know you were being funny but it was often just a good policy. You often did not know what terms you may leave on and it was just better to not have anyone know your name of where you were from. Back then everyone was in phone books.

If they know your name and roughly where you were from it was just a call to 411 to have someone show up on your doorstep if they wanted.
It had more to do with safety for the average scuffler then someone may recognize your name or have heard of you. Every time anyone came in the poolroom looking like they were looking to play, you know the look, someone would always go outside and check plates for out of town cars.
Today it is all different, hell someone will take a picture and post it here and in 10 minutes someone will post a whole line on them.

You really don't know how people act . I was going to a tournament years ago and you often stop here and there to maybe make a few bucks if you have time. I was in a place and won some money. A couple days latter I was at the tournament about a 100 miles from where I was a few nights earlier.

As I am about to play my match who is sitting in the stands but the whole crew from the poolroom I was in the other night. After the match I went over to them and said hello, didn't really know what else to do not knowing how they would react. The one guy says, "You seem to have improved since Wednesday". We all just laughed but it didn't have to go that way.

Even though we were not talking about much money some people can be really crazy. I had a friend shot over $5.00. he was ambushed in the parking lot. It's not the money, you are messing with peoples egos and they can react badly sometimes.

Last edited by middleofnowhere; 05-13-2020 at 06:26 AM.

For Awhile
Old
  (#7)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!
ShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

For Awhile - 05-13-2020, 07:11 AM

I think it was right after TCOM, everybody that could run three balls was using an alias, some changing it weekly. Sometimes just to jack with somebody I'd tell them that wasn't the name they were using two weeks ago when I really had no idea. Caused great stuttering and back tracking!

Somebody persuaded me to get with the program and I did off and on for a couple months. Couldn't get over the idea that it was all stupid for a bunch of clowns to think they needed an alias or three and went back to my old policy of just using my first name. Nickname really but it has been on a handful of businesses, my trucks on the road, and the only name 99% of people knew me by for many years. Like ShootingArts, the person makes the name not the name making the person.

I wasn't totally unknown to road players but I'm 99% sure that they just had me down in the book as Hu, spelled Hugh. That was all the handle I needed. I laughed awhile back when a young lady was a bit pushy asking my name.

"Hu"
"Do you have a last name?"
"Just Hu"

Hu

Last edited by ShootingArts; 05-13-2020 at 07:13 AM. Reason: I always thought "Shaky Jake" would be a great alias or name on a pool hall!

Old
  (#8)
CESSNA10
AzB Gold Member
CESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond repute

05-13-2020, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Wiley View Post
Back when I was on the road gambling I used 3 aliases, Mike from Indiana, Chris from Missouri and Butch from Tennessee.

This is the story of how they almost got backed to play each other to see who the best young player was in the country.

https://youtu.be/GA3NPNA61yw

How about you, ever had to use a name other than your own for any reason?
CJ, When your all time high run in straight is 56, no need to use an alias

Old
  (#9)
ShootingHank
Banned
ShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond repute

05-13-2020, 07:29 AM

Only to drunks and people I don’t care for or know who I am.

Old
  (#10)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1538

05-13-2020, 07:31 AM

Most use first name only.

“Pool is geometry, in its most challenging form, the science of precise angles, and forces" - Quote from: A Game of Pool, The Twilight Zone 1961 Television Show.

Old
  (#11)
ChrisSjoblom
AzB Silver Member
ChrisSjoblom has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSjoblom has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSjoblom has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSjoblom has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSjoblom has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSjoblom has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSjoblom has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSjoblom has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSjoblom has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSjoblom has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSjoblom has a reputation beyond repute

05-13-2020, 08:00 AM

Never had a pool alias, but in the early to mid 1980's I went by Guido Cinelli at steel-tip dart tournaments along the west coast. Five of us league players in the East Bay area got together to form a tournament crew, traveling to one or two tournaments a month in an old motorhome. One of us was a bicycle racer that had a sponsorship from Cenilli bicycles who could get them to provide hats and shirts so we decided to call ourselves the Cinelli Brothers. We each took an Italian first name, mine was Guido.

Great times. We would each throw $100 into the traveling kitty at the beginning of a season, pay our own entry fees and throw any winnings into the pot, too. We were usually able to travel all season without needing to dip into our pockets again, although there was never anything left over at the end of the road. Met a lot of good people and got to play against and with some of the best in the world at that time. The blind draw warm-up shoots the night before a big tournament were especially fun. You could get a lucky draw and have your world-class partner carry you into the money!

Old
  (#12)
Bic D
AzB Silver Member
Bic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond repute

05-13-2020, 08:00 AM

I had a fake ID until I was 21 so I had to go by my brothers name for a while

Last edited by Bic D; 05-13-2020 at 12:03 PM.

Old
  (#13)
TATE
AzB Gold Mensch
TATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

05-13-2020, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoboloCowboy View Post
Most use first name only.
What is your first name?

Visit my historic cues site:
www.palmercollector.com

Old
  (#14)
TATE
AzB Gold Mensch
TATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

05-13-2020, 09:41 AM

Just to avoid shaming myself.

Visit my historic cues site:
www.palmercollector.com

Old
  (#15)
L I F D 1
L S S T 10
L I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond repute

05-13-2020, 10:03 AM

"Jersey Red"

Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: