Rubber

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
Anyone know where to find some like this?

Attachments

• IMG_20200627_114337.jpg
    IMG_20200627_114337.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 259

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
It's not one of the common profiles at all. The table is 3 piece slate, but the rails and everything else is particle board. Almost not worth the hassle. I think the sun had been hitting one of the rails, it's in a garage with a big sliding door, and the one closest to it is hardened up. They asked me to recover it anyway, so I did. Would maybe re-do the one rail if I could find a chunk of that rubber, but it's definitely not common. Only about 11/16ths wide, and only angles downward about 1/16th.
The closest thing I have found online is in this pic from a site in Taiwan, it's marked F

AyWtZe8.jpg

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the table is worth keeping I think I'd just recut the subrail bevel to accept K-66. It's obviously larger rubber in all dimensions so you should be able to recut to the proper angle and still maintain the same subrail depth (2 inches). Basically removing wood to add more rubber and maintaining the standard depth of the original subrail. A good upgrade I'd say, but...is the table worth it?

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
If the table is worth keeping I think I'd just recut the subrail bevel to accept K-66. It's obviously larger rubber in all dimensions so you should be able to recut to the proper angle and still maintain the same subrail depth (2 inches). Basically removing wood to add more rubber and maintaining the standard depth of the original subrail. A good upgrade I'd say, but...is the table worth it?
Probably not worth it. It has a slate bed, but literally every thing else is particle board.