What's the one thread that you've ever regretted posting?

pooladdict

no doubt about it
Silver Member
Russ Chewning said:
I
Sometimes I feel my only buddy here is Linda. But, Linda is EVERYone's buddy.

Russ

I may be wrong, but after reading about Lindas encounter with Earl Strickland on the practice tables I don't think Earl is on Lindas Christmas card list.

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
pooladdict said:
I may be wrong, but after reading about Lindas encounter with Earl Strickland on the practice tables I don't think Earl is on Lindas Christmas card list.

Haha, Earl is Earl, and I guess he had me mixed up with someone else anyway. :rolleyes:

Anyway, RJ, if we were to balance out that one questionable post with all the other gut-clenching, tear-flowing gigglers that you have put together, then I think you are still way above the bar in my book. :)

Your pennance shouldn't be a ban, but to write another ditty...this one entitled, "Danny made a monkey out of me and it made me the 'Hairy Man' and drove me bananas." We love you RJ!

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't sweat it man!.....you did it from a tongue in cheek humor stand point, not to rip into Him. People tend to get all worked up too quickly, and not see the humor in things....especially when they know the person being made light of. That's the problem with "sense" of humor....some people have no sense!:rolleyes:

It's kind of like that guy they just shipped all over the world because "they" were SO sure killed that little girl Jon Benay..(sp), and it ends up He's just a weirdo skank that didn't really do it, but is still a weirdo skank. So, maybe we should all look at you like you are that guy?!....bad comparison maybe? :D

disclaimer>>> I now have one more post to regret......Gerry

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
recoveryjones said:
Have you ever pressed that "submit reply" button and regretted doing so?:eek:
Have you ever pressed it, not knowing all the facts?:confused:
Have you acted out in emotion, absent of intellect and posted something that you now regret?:eek:
There's always the 'Delete' option.

After that,I am going on a self imposed one month ban from AZ and won't be reading or responding to this thread until I get back.Feel free to flame me,because I deserve it.

I need to chill to my obssesive/compulsive internet forum addiction and work on my game.:p

Don't bother taking time off. I think for the rest of us, it's in the past. Literally. Hell, it was a week ago sort of. Time to move on to the next heated post.

Fred

Hal

Beer Player
Silver Member
When Secaucus Fats first joined, I made the remark that "every time I see a post of his I know it's going to be long and boring". I pre-judged him and I was wrong.

I also regret the incident with Shorty. I simply should have ignored his remarks about my Dayton cue.

DawgAndy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
also regret the incident with Shorty. I simply should have ignored his remarks about my Dayton cue

Along with his remarks on everything else cue related.:rolleyes:

Andy

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
recoveryjones said:
After that,I am going on a self imposed one month ban from AZ and won't be reading or responding to this thread until I get back.Feel free to flame me,because I deserve it.

I need to chill to my obssesive/compulsive internet forum addiction and work on my game.:p

No need man. You provide a lot of comedy relief and some good insight into the game.

As to your question; more times than I care to admit :D

Keep on keepin' on.

Koop

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
What we really all want to know is if there is a post that SJM has written that he has regretted? LOL! (PM's don't count. ;) )

RJ, I hope you are madly composing today!

recoveryjones

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm feeling a whole lot better today.I've been taught if something bugs you, then deal with it.

Anyways, thanks to all for their kind words, support and exceptance of my humanity.Very much appreciated.
RJ

....most likely won't crucify myself with a long ban,however,do need to lose 15-20 lbs and work on my pool game.:p

Ronoh

1 brick at a time
Silver Member
reflect within = regret.

Learning is key. regret helps me learn about myself. A good question would be "Do you question your regret?".

Most who are truthful with themselves will say "yes".

I personally don't regret what I say on the internet or in "ear shot". That's reality on which I thrive upon.

What I consider fun, is, laughing at people who have no will. You can see it in their eyes.

Do I regret this post? nope.

cueandcushion

Cue & Cushion_STL_MO
Silver Member
No regrets on the posting material. But I notice sometimes when you type fast and it is late at night, you sometimes send the wrong message. Sometimes a sarcastic or joking remark sounds serious if you word it incorrectly. So I learned to slow down and read the post over a couple times before I hit the submit button. I also learned not to take anyone seriously that deliberately stays anonymous. If they don't want anyone to know who they are I just assume they don't want anyone to take them seriously. So I learned to send PMs to those matters that should be kept private and avoid public confrontation on the boards in 90% of the cases. I have been misunderstood on this board at times, but in the long run it made me work on my English and communication skills a little bit. Hopefully I will continue to get better.

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cueandcushion said:
f they don't want anyone to know who they are I just assume they don't want anyone to take them seriously

Howdy,
your assumptions are based on yore false belief system and you are dead wrong on this matter.:D :cool: :D

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
My newbie error was to rip Keith a new one on Billiards Digest board. Boy, was that stupid!!!

RJ, you have artistic license to make fun of people. Get your silly ass back here!

Chris

Last edited:

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cueandcushion said:
I am neither right nor wrong. It is just an opinion.

Do u own the cue & cushion ?Where exactly it is located? Is it in St.louis or outside?

cueandcushion

Cue & Cushion_STL_MO
Silver Member
vagabond said:
Do u own the cue & cushion ?Where exactly it is located? Is it in St.louis or outside?

Cue & Cushion is located in a suburb of St. Louis city called Overland. My family owns the business. My mother, myself and my two brothers. My father purchased the business after being owned for two years by previous owner. So the business started in 1964..we have had it since 1966. My father passed in 1997.