Good players using TAD cues?

CrownCityCorey

Sock it to 'em!
Silver Member
No Tang's cue was a Corsair that was made to look like a Tad, he still has that cue he showed it to me when I asked if it was a Tad. Although now a days he plays with a Kent Davis cue.

Tang may have had a Tad when he played full-time (long ago). I had one when I was about 18. Only had it for about 6 months - I miss that cue.

Voodoo Daddy

One Pocket 101
Well...

IMO, the most notable that played with a TAD was Nick Varner. He won a world title or two with a TAD and still has it from last time we spoke about it.

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
You're right, a lot of Japanese players use Tad cues and it's probably the most popular custom cue around.
Most of the top Japanese pros are sponsored by Mezz or Adam so they are using those cues, but there are still a number of pros who use Tad cues. I think the most notable Japanese pro using a Tad right now would be Kenichi Uchigaki.

On a sidenote, at my local hall alone, there are at least four regulars who play with a Tad and two of them are C players at best!

shotmaker45

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I was coming up the best player in my poolroom had a great old Franklin' era Southwest.

One day this guy came in to gamble and he had a TAD. I didn't know what that was...but the good player said, "Oh wow...a TAD." He spoke of it in high regard.

Of course, we all know how fantastic these cues are. I was just wondering what good players used them over the years? Just curious...

i saw king kong using one a while back. the guy plays crazy good. i don't know the guys real name though. he's a strong mexican player from so cal. saw the guy running out from everywhere with one of those plane jane tads.

i love the look but i prefer the harvy martin style ivory joint with different color phenolic on the shaft.

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i saw king kong using one a while back. the guy plays crazy good. i don't know the guys real name though. he's a strong mexican player from so cal. saw the guy running out from everywhere with one of those plane jane tads.

i love the look but i prefer the harvy martin style ivory joint with different color phenolic on the shaft.

Bernardo Chavez

ghost ball

justnum survivor
Silver Member
I know ALOT of TADS are going to to Taiwan, Singapore and China. And those countries are breeding monsters!

My TADS are absolutely amazing.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Swanee used a Tad, very effectivley too!

Tang's 'Tad' was actually a Corsair. It sits in my cue rack today!

mbprod

Registered
Here are a Couple of Tad's for your viewing pleasure

The only two cues I have owned: The Willie Hoppe conversion is the only one in existence.

Attachments

• MBP_5615WEB.jpg
    MBP_5615WEB.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 490
  • MBP_5611WEB.jpg
    MBP_5611WEB.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 490

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bobby Yamasaki had one of the prettiest Tad. I had an early Tad with concentric plastic rings and a brass joint.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jay Swanson (RIP) was the best player I knew of who used a Tad all the time.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Over the years many top Japanese and other Asian players have used Tad cues and Tad is held in highest respect and regard.

Two well known Japanese collectors of Tad cues used by top players will have their cues on display at this year's International Cue Collector Show (ICCS) in Atlanta which will be open to the public on Saturday, October 19. More information about this year's ICCS will be published shortly.

I have enjoyed Tad cues my entire life, and have many in my collection. I love'em! And am still looking for more.....

Will Prout

mamono

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bringing this thread back... Ernesto Dominguez’s son, Oscar Dominguez, used a TAD Titlist Hoppe for many years.

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
Rusty Brandmeyer, a GREAT player from the Florida panhandle back in the day ( mid 70s ) played with a gorgeous Tad. It had about a 6" long ivory ( ? ) buttcap.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Action room near Cinci....late 70s
Swannee shows up.....we’re all making moves...cards close to the vest.
First time I’d seen Swanson, but I knew who he was.
He’s hitting balls, I’m drinking coffee at the counter.

I asked him casually what kind of cue he was using...he looks at me deadpan....says..
“Ah think it’s a Viking.”

It was the first hollow point Tad I ever saw....:)

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Well, here's just some guy using a Tad. At least I think it's a Tad. His cues have been discussed a tad here. Pun intended.

All the best,
WW

Attachments

• Lassiter Cue.jpg
    Lassiter Cue.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 322