Rare Ivory Joint Dale Patten Cue

deep

OFF THE CHAIN
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
For sale we have a rare Dale Patten cue with 3 original Patten shafts. These cues do not come up for sale very often, especially with an ivory joint. Old school darker shaft wood on all 3 shafts and an old school hit, nice ping when striking the ball.

Butt - 4 points with veneers of brown, orange, light brown and natural outside to in. Forearm is maple, points and butt look to be brazilian rosewood but i can not be 100% sure, point are sharp and pretty close in length, but not perfect. Dale used blanks from Szamboti and Spain. I have no idea who built the forearm for this cue and i'm no expert to hazard a guess.
The joint is nicely figured solid ivory. It has one small hairline dark mark about 1/16"-1/8" long in the grain that has been there since the cue was new, pin is flat faced 5/16x18 pin. White and brown speckled wrap.Butt weighs 15.66oz, 28 5/8" in length, 0.82 at the joint, 1.23" at the butt. Butt cap looks to be delrin with a screw in rubber bumper.

Shaft 1 - 11.9mm, 3.65oz, 30 1/4" in length, unknown ferrule material, not ivory, unknown tip.

Shaft 2 - 12.6mm, 3.97oz, 29 1/2"" in length, unknown ferrule material, not ivory, unknown tip.

Shaft 3 - 12.7mm, 3.88oz, 29 1/2"" in length, unknown ferrule material, not ivory, unknown tip.

Everything looks straight together and apart. If you are looking for a classic old school player then this is the cue.

Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
The USA market is pretty dead when it comes to offshore sales due to U.S. Customs & risk of confiscation of the pool cue. .

Franky4Eyes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
That's a nice looking old school cue.
Dale was a great guy and very talented.
He was an L.A. favorite during that era, but not many
people know about him outside of California.
With the market being what it is, and shipping issues with ivory, have you considered just keeping the cue
to play with?
Maybe try to move it locally.

deep

OFF THE CHAIN
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I would keep the cue as it plays great but i just don't play anymore. I have already sold all my other cues and this is the last one i have left. As you mentioned Dale was little known outside of California so trying to sell the cue in Europe is proving difficult!

SpiderWeb

iisgone@yahoo.com
Silver Member
Rating - 96.3%
26   1   0
He was a really nice man and a tool and die maker. He also use some zamboti blanks and this may even be one, but I don't know. Good luck.

deep

OFF THE CHAIN
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Where is the cue located? Can you guarantee delivery without any issues re: the ivory?
Thanks.
Speedi

Unfortunately i can not give any guarantees like that, once the cue is posted it is out of my control.

If anyone is coming over for the Mosconi Cup i will gladly meet them in London to hand over the cue.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Regardless of whether the cue was shipped or transported back on a flight,
the same quandry applies and even more so since there the cue will assuredly
be inspected for the flight or when passing thru US Customs...look to sell it locally.